Sempiternity

Leo's 30 day retreat blog video #3

12 posts in this topic

I'm about 15 minutes in. Having a defeatist thought. If achieving full enlightenment is like winning the Lotto, one in millions chances on it happening, and even Leo can't get there, then what hope is there for me to achieve it? I could spend the rest of my life trying and always feeling like I am failing to reach this highest of states, or I can spend the rest of my life feeding my Ego for happiness. Neither sounds like a solid plan. Again just a thought. 

Well, it’s not a prize that you either have or not. It’s more like a gradual progressing of betterment in my life. I’m not enlightened yet, but the path towards it have already allowed me a lot of self awareness and emotional healing in my life.

You already have a much higher chance of just trying. Billions around the world haven’t heard of it, and those who heard of it haven’t tried it. So of course it’s a 1 in millions thing.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

What is full Enlightenment?  Is it a thought-story or Existential Truth?  People create a lot of their own hurdles.  Enlightenment work for me was challenging for a couple years, but once I became Existential Truth — all the seeking stopped.  Be careful you’re not trying to seek some concept of Enlightenment.  Don’t turn Enlightenment into something that it’s not.  Some people seem to really get trapped that way.  And there’s no way to reason with these people either.  It’s like trying to convince a dog to stop tracking a scent that has captured its imagination.  It’s just gotta keep following that scent until the issue resolves itself, right.  You just gotta let the dog do that.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 minutes ago, WaterfallMachine said:

You already have a much higher chance of just trying. Billions around the world haven’t heard of it, and those who heard of it haven’t tried it. So of course it’s a 1 in millions thing.

I think he meant that out of millions of people that may choose to go down the path of enlightenment, only one would be able to actually reach/realize/awaken. 

Hey, does someone know, how i can download the videos and/or convert it to mp3? I want to listen to them on my mp3-player

On 6/9/2018 at 2:43 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

What is full Enlightenment?  Is it a thought-story or Existential Truth?  People create a lot of their own hurdles.  Enlightenment work for me was challenging for a couple years, but once I became Existential Truth — all the seeking stopped.  Be careful you’re not trying to seek some concept of Enlightenment.  Don’t turn Enlightenment into something that it’s not.  Some people seem to really get trapped that way.  And there’s no way to reason with these people either.  It’s like trying to convince a dog to stop tracking a scent that has captured its imagination.  It’s just gotta keep following that scent until the issue resolves itself, right.  You just gotta let the dog do that.

This is significant. 

And also. 1 in a million humans get enlightenment but if it is 1 million serious seekers then its definitly more!

On 09/06/2018 at 7:36 AM, Jed Vassallo said:

If achieving full enlightenment is like winning the Lotto, one in millions chances on it happening, and even Leo can't get there, then what hope is there for me to achieve it? 

This contains so much of what you believe the world is, other people are, and how you fit in.  If you really dare to focus on this and handle the emotions it brings, you will profoundly change

Willing to expand if you want to discuss but won't lecture here

Edited by Telepresent

On 1.7.2018 at 9:52 PM, Sunil Kumar said:

@MrMog All the mp3 files are there in Leo's web site. I downloaded from there.

Can you please send me the link? Can't find it

@cirkussmile Is like that though? I mean there are Billions of of people in the world, you don't hear of thousands of enlightened people walking around? I get that most enlightened people maybe don't share that they are, but few seem to ever 'come out' and of those you need to consider that only a fraction are actually enlightened? 

2 hours ago, Dogsbestfriend said:

@cirkussmile Is like that though? I mean there are Billions of of people in the world, you don't hear of thousands of enlightened people walking around? I get that most enlightened people maybe don't share that they are, but few seem to ever 'come out' and of those you need to consider that only a fraction are actually enlightened? 

Im just saying if you take 1 million random people around the world you maybe find 1 who is enlightened. If you take 1 million monks you probably find more. 

You can’t know if someone is enlightenment but if you want to find out - don’t listen to what they say. See their actions. See how they live. If you find some non dual jerk who is sitting in the bar every night he is definitely not enlightened. :) 

If enlightenment happens then its almost sure that he or she will share it with others. Enlightenment is for everyone. 

Love