Saumaya

There are no levels of Enlightenment, no levels of consciousness

42 posts in this topic

Levels of consciousness

What I mean by this is there is no higher consciousness and lower consciousness. Consciousness has always been the same. Consciousness doesn't change. Truth doesn't change. It is how we are identified with ourselves, our behaviours, our beliefs, and in what proportion and aspects of them are we identified with. Everyone is unique and they would be entrenched in ego in different ways and in different proportion. It is the ego that changes not consciousness. Once ego starts disappearing, consciousness pours in and becomes clearer.

A liberated person has dissolved his identity completely. Ego for them works like a patch, something to maintain for survival.

Levels of Enlightenment

There are no levels of enlightenment. Sadhguru is not more enlightened than Jed Mckenna. Jed Mckenna is not more enlightened than adyashanti etc etc.

Enlightenment means, you become a blank slate or your living reality is of PERMANENT NO SELF. After you are done, there is no going back. You have realised the Truth, your true nature is your living reality. If this is not permanent, there is always further to go....until there isn't.

----------------x-------------------x------------------x---------------x----------------------x----------------------x-------------------------x--------------------

Thanks for reading :)

Thoughts?

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

I would put it like this:

There are no levels of truth but there're different levels of embodiment of the truth.

Explanation: The truth is that we're all enlightened, we're all consciousness. But how much of that is your living reality? This is what makes a difference between a sage and a normal person

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

There are no levels of truth but there're different levels of embodiment of the truth.

What do you mean?

There's Only One Truth!

4 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

So, if you define enlightenment as a specific thing, sure, no stages. But if we're talking about the process of a human being waking up, I don't see how you could argue against there being stages. Of course there are.

I still prefer no stages as saying there are stages only confuses people. The never ending quest for enlightenment where there always a 'higher' stage.

I can see your point though

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

6 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

What do you mean?

It's not enough to say- I am consciousness, I am all pervading. This has to be your living experience every moment of your Life. If you have this expererince then I call this: you embody the reality, the truth.

I can explain further. Būt maybe this is enough

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

It's not enough to say- I am consciousness, I am all pervading. This has to be your living experience every moment of your Life. If you have this expererince then I call this: you embody the reality, the truth.

I can explain further. Būt maybe this is enough

Yes please :)

There's Only One Truth!

Actually i watched that video for Rupert spira, he said you either realize it or you don't. He made this analogy about a movie playing on tv that you are very focused on, if someone tells you "look at the screen" what do you do? You already are looking at the screen but youre not conscious of it cause you're focused on the landscape. He said all you have to do is change your focus like a camera lens and you'll just see it. You'll know the movie is just playing you'll enjoy it. It's like, what's seen can not be unseen lol. He also said it's not an event or a shift. It's just a realization? Not sure if it works that way but it kinda makes sense. 

Edited by Azza

4 minutes ago, Azza said:

Actually i watched that video for Rupert spira, he said you either realize it or you don't. He made this analogy about a movie playing on tv that you are very focus on, if someone tells you "look at the screen" what do you do? You already are looking at the screen but youre not conscious of it cause you're focused on the landscape. He said all you have to do is change your focus like a camera lens and you'll just see it. You'll know the movie is just playing you'll enjoy it. It's like, what's seen can not be unseen lol. Not sure if it works that way but it kinda makes sense. 

Yup, its a permanent shift but its not so easy. It takes actual effort to realise that the screen is the reality not the landscape. It is like something is blocking your eyes and you have consciously remove it slowly and steadly and then your eyes become clear and you can see the truth. Enlightenment is more like untruth unrealisation than truth realisation. Truth was always there, untruth is blocking it.

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

1 minute ago, brovakhiin said:

@Saumaya

1. Awakened to Source = Sharingan
  2. Seperation between Source and Form dissolves = Mangekyou Sharingan
  3. Permanent death of the self = Rinnegan

Omg hahah. Naruto actually had many spiritual references. I love it ❤️❤️

6 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

@Saumaya

1. Awakened to Source = Sharingan
  2. Seperation between Source and Form dissolves = Mangekyou Sharingan
  3. Permanent death of the self = Rinnegan

4. This analogy = bad as naruto fillers.

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

It's a joke.

So is mine :(

We are already liberated. We are already complete. We are whole, we are already the totality of existence. We already are enlightened.

There is nowhere to get to, it's just that the forms of separation make it seem like there is something other than God, but there is not. Fear is just as much a part of God as joy, everything is God.

If you keep affirming this, and focus on the source of oneness in your spiritual heart, you will eventually fully embody your higher self in a world of separation.

So in a sense there is somewhere to get to, a different experience of reality, a more non-dual experience. But know that that experience already is available to us in any moment, because we are that oneness and love we truly seek. What keeps it invisible is our beliefs rooted in separation.

So a synthesis of both seeking and not seeking is the balance we need here. To go towards higher and higher vibratory states of consciousness but with the knowing that you already have everything you could want or wish for in this moment :)

I hope this provides you all with the clarity that you are. Everything is a balance, and the answer is always both and none.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

7 hours ago, Saumaya said:

I still prefer no stages as saying there are stages only confuses people. The never ending quest for enlightenment where there always a 'higher' stage.

I can see your point though

Seems like these are just arguments with semantics. Different words for same ideas. :P

There’s a practical reason for these stages. Having different stages allow us to know what different methods we need for each stage. Just like you’re not supposed to teach Calculus to a kindergartner or learning how to count to a college student. 

Maybe it is an absolute concept or not — you see it or you don’t. The thing about this though is that people can switch between the two modes throughout their day. Easy to see a little bit of the Truth for a bit. Much much harder to maintain it throughout our life — especially in times of stress.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

3 minutes ago, WaterfallMachine said:

Having different stages allow us to know what different methods we need for each stage.

I dont believe you need different methods for different 'stages'. Can you give an example?

There's Only One Truth!

@Saumaya No-self ain't the only insight in town.

You can realize no-self, but still have no clue what existence is, or what God is, or what another is, or what intelligence is, or what love is, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Saumaya No-self ain't the only insight in town.

You can realize no-self, but still have no clue what existence is, or what God is, or what another is, or what intelligence is, or what love is, etc.

No Self is not an insight, glimpsing of what No self could be like temporarily is not the same as living ones reality as No Self. After Self is out of the way, only Truth is left. Realising Truth is knowing the nature of existence.

Not sure exactly what you mean by God and intelligence here. If you could elaborate, that would be great.:)

Love can only be of two types, Agape and devotion. Any other kind of love is egoic love.

There's Only One Truth!

2 hours ago, Saumaya said:

Not sure exactly what you mean by God and intelligence here.

Proves my point.

There's deeper levels you've yet to access.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Proves my point.

There's deeper levels you've yet to access.

Nope, I have no idea what you mean by those words, they could mean anything. Thats why I said to elaborate to confirm what you mean. You say it like you need a phd in Non Duality to reach enlightenment.

There's Only One Truth!