SMI

Your Death Preference

56 posts in this topic

How would you like to die? I would like to die at an old age quietly in sleep.

At peace with myself and the world. Preferably without too much suffering.

If it isn't instant or during my sleep then I would like enough time to meditate and become purely mindful, to reflect upon life and remind myself "there is nothing to judge about this situation, it is reality playing out, it is neutral, life was beautiful and I am glad I had the chance for conscious awareness".

Then again, it's a moot point anyway as we don't really get a choice. It will be what it will be. Most importantly I want to be at peace with everything and be 'ok' with it.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

I wouldn't. And especially not quietly in my sleep. If death should come to take me away then it would be in battle. Falling off an airplane, trying to save the world. Getting ripped apart by tigers and sharks, getting shot with a rocket launcher in war when I fight for something that's important. Burn to death by some flame-thrower-guy, getting shot 20 times by bad guys but also shooting them too and then dying, getting suffocated by a vagina while performing the 69 position with a 10/10 bitch, putting my face into a propellor...getting fucking nuked by an atomic bomb! Now that's how I want to go off this world. With a boom!

@Rasmus I'm a transhumanist, so the answer is : Never.

But if I happened to die before modern medecine can cure death, then yes I have a wish for my death.

I wish I could die and be calm about it. Either because I achieved what I had to achieve in life, or because I developed sufficient acceptance and equanimity to just not care. Anyway is good, as long as I don't regret anything I've ever done with my life.

I prefer not to die at all like @Philip. If I reach a deathly age, and mortality has not been cured yet, I will make plans to be cryogenically frozen as a last-ditch effort to survive.

There is no death! 

Please don't believe me, just inquire into it and see for yourself!

;)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

There's no such thing as a self dying, but "I" am also a transhumanist,so the body will try to survive-- possibly by some powerful technology.

I want to drive fast in my car and throw explosive spears at Tom Hardy, then spray chrome on my teeth and explode into Walhalla.

On 3/16/2016 at 4:19 AM, kalter000 said:

I want to drive fast in my car and throw explosive spears at Tom Hardy, then spray chrome on my teeth and explode into Walhalla.

I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN!!!! OH WHAT A DAY!! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!! WITNESS ME!!!!!!!!!! I AM AWAITED IN VAHALLA!!!!! YOU WILL RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME!! 

Edited by Zane

Honestly, I want to die feeling completely relaxed and at peace! I will prepare myself for death by answering the questions of

1. did I live a good life? What is a good life? 

2. What were my greatest life experiences and my most cherished core memories? What am I the most proud of? What are the most grateful for? Which people did I love the most? 

3. Did I have a life purpose and personal values? Did I ground myself in the values?

4. What were my regrets and how can I learn from my regrets? Should I accept the regrets? Learn the regrets? Let go of the regrets? Or accept, learn from, and let go of! 

I will focus heavily on joy, and gratitude rather than regret and misery when I die. I will keep answering these four questions to keep my life in perspective! I realize how regretful people are about what they did and didn't do! I will start answering the questions in my twenties and for every year of my life to answer the questions more deeply. I will look at the past and the present to answer these questions. 

Edited by Zane

With a smile on my face and love in my heart... :x

@Murtaza That sounds good to me.

By way of military service, I have seen a lot of violent death. Such demises should be abhorred, in my opinion. 

@FindingPeace @Henri Yes, I believe this is the way to go.

before I die I will tell my family "hey dont be sad, Im not gonna die, the "me" is just a concept!" and I will request to play Leo's Enlightenment video series during funeral, that's gonna be cool.

I wish I died while I was falling in mid air in front of a beautiful sunset and landscape whilst laughing at the joy of it all

either that, or something really simple like sitting comfortably with a hot cup of tea and just being and appreciating

I would like to die from thinking too much about how I would like to die.

At the end of the life of my physical body I'll take a plane to Alasca and jump into Aurora Borealis without a parachute.

Aurora_borealis_by_porbital-d6pjqpg.jpg

@EDIT
I'll also take into consideration having an ayahuasca drink for that Alasca trip :D

Edited by Thomas

For me death is still complicated topic. I'd like to die in 0.000000000001 sec by a bullet or something like that, not to feel anything at all....I'd say at the age of 60, because I don't wanna be older...

All I really hope for is that I don't die in some kind of extremely gruesome or painful manner like burning alive or being trapped in the wreckage of a car wreck for 10hrs before perishing.

@kalter000 witness me!

I believe the way that I would die would be similar to this, my hobbies include several life threatening activities and I would probably miscalculate a step and die in an accident.

As far as I can tell from self examination I don't think I fear death and would probably be fine with this.

On March 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Ayla said:

There is no death! 

Please don't believe me, just inquire into it and see for yourself!

;)

please elaborate Alya.