dude

The Dark Side of Psychedelics

41 posts in this topic

@Viking so you are an existentialist?

maybe you need to know what is your position in the world, by proving it against the theory of others.

found this, written against the toilet walls in a berlin toilet:

D45C7E06-5FB3-426D-955A-1A6BE3DB44E5.jpeg

048CD6C4-B41D-4E54-9FAD-98168E85122E.jpeg

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, Viking said:

@Joseph Maynor i dont care about enlightenment, i dont know what it is anymore.

what i care about is truth

Its the same 

Edited by Crystalous

@now is forever i dont identify as an existentialist, i dont care about labels much.

bruh, its either me or you, but i cant understand how what you write me connects to my previous posts. what did you mean by all that?

@Crystalous to me thinking that my sense of existence is the only truth is a belief.

@Viking but what stands behind a label? isn‘t it a concept and a belief? so isn’t it worthwhile to check others concepts for relevance and grow on it?

at least for truth? you can always agree to disagree.

Edited by now is forever

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

but what stands behind a label? isn‘t it a concept and a belief? so isn’t it worthwhile to check others concepts for relevance and grow on it?

Oh I checked what the term meant and it's not what I thought. I thought it's an individual who's interested in methaphysics, lol.

can you repeat what your point was? I didnt understand what you were trying to say :)

On 29.7.2018 at 0:26 AM, Viking said:

@now is forever its not a question of whether it matters or not, its a question of truth. the only thing i know for sure is that i exist, but that doesnt mean its the only truth that can be. the outside world can exist, i don't know

„can exist, i don’t know“ and „the only thing i know for sure, is i exist“

Edited by now is forever

Just now, now is forever said:

„can exist, i don’t know“

ok, so?

@Viking sorry i edited. if you don‘t know anything else, doesn’t make you that an existentialist? somehow.

Edited by now is forever

3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

„can exist, i don’t know“ and „the only thing i know for sure, is i exist“

well, do you disagree? what are you trying to say?

@Viking those are classical existentialistic approaches to a worldview. it‘s not my place to answer that. 

Edited by now is forever

@Viking those are classical existentialistic approaches to a worldview.

ok, I guess im an existentialist, but isnt it the most accurate way to look at the world? we cant realy know anything outside our own experience.

@Viking yes partly... maybe not, maybe we can know things and experience them without having experiences before. so for me that would do the trick.

existentialism is basically a materialistic worldview. so in a wider sense it would still be existentialism - but it‘s a matter of definition and floating boarders.

Edited by now is forever

5 minutes ago, now is forever said:

maybe we can know things and experience them without having experiences before

but that would be still your experience

5 minutes ago, now is forever said:

existentialism is basically a materialistic worldview

how so? it doesnt assume external reality, thats the whole point of it

Edited by Viking

@Viking no, existentialism says at least as i understand it, there is only external conditions.

at least i got it right - you might be interested in philosophy ;)

Edited by now is forever

I think it is harder to embody big realizations the shorter the timeframe. You might, by having a glimpse on psychedelics, be pushed further away from embodying through self-actualization, or in other words by experiencing glimpses of the enlightened state you might have a harder time becoming enlightened, as you will try to cling on to a quickly fading experience that you try to rationalize such as to keep it(as you fear losing it). But psychedelics can also be a big help to overcome certain thought/ego-blockades, by letting you have a glimpse of the other side and therefore attaining a sort of relative point of reference to work through your self-deceptions from. Psychedelics can be a high-way to self-awareness but also a high-way to crazy. It is powerful stuff that can work wonders in the right hands, but it is much more risky, especially the higher you go, so be careful not to lose touch with body and fly away in mind. 

10 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Viking no, existentialism says at least as i understand it, there is only external conditions.

this is what i read from wikipedia

Existentialism (/ˌɛɡzɪˈstɛnʃəlɪzəm/)[1] is a tradition of philosophical inquiry associated mainly with certain 19th and 20th-century European philosophers who, despite profound doctrinal differences,[2][3][4] shared the belief that philosophical thinking begins with the human subject—not merely the thinking subject, but the acting, feeling, living human individual.[5]

thats why using labels is stupid, i dont agree with the existentialism you described.

@Viking you have to read sartre then... wikipedia sometimes doesn’t get it right. at least the english interpretation here.

Edited by now is forever

@Viking you have to read sartre then... wikipedia sometimes doesn’t get it right.

man, fuck that. just tell me what you mean without any labels I have to read books to understand.

@Viking as i understand it, the body is also external in that sense. and the individual is absolutely dependent on physical reality. even belief. so it‘s a matter of the turning point. if you belief in oneness there is no difference between internal external matter and energy. but in existentialism there is. it‘s only external.

Edited by now is forever

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Viking as i understand it, the body is also external in that sense. and the individual is absolutely dependent on physical reality. even belief. so it‘s a matter of the turning point. if you belief in oneness there is no difference, but in existentialism there is.

sure, the body is an experience. the only thing i know to be true 100% is the present moment, the fact that i exist