Star Net

Topics that You do not agree with LEO ...

72 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2018 at 0:13 AM, Ether said:

@DMM710 I dont want theories, I want facts

You want facts? Then investigate, experience it for yourself, do the practices, do the work here, you do not know everything that others here already experienced, be open minded enough on what is happening and telling in this forum and In Leo's Videos,... you are not open, if you are here for entertainment.. well this forum is going deeper and deeper, Leo and others are growing, Spiritualy and consciously.. this forum is not for you to entertain you,.. the place for entertainment is Facebook and Youtube, that place is for Low Consciousness people, this place is for people who wants to grow.. themselves, and their consciousness.. 

29 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

I dont want theories, I want facts

It's not so easy to distinguish facts from theory. If only it were so simple. All facts are theory-laden.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:48 PM, BjarkeT said:

That direct experience is how you figure out the truth. I Don't think this is a good technique at all for finding the truth as this is also why some people believe the earth is flat. You can have two different people experience the same thing but that doesn't mean they get the same outcome out of it.

I don't think this is what Leo meant. If everything he looks for to find truth is from direct experience, he wouldn't have as large a recommendation list of several books of others' experiences. I think what's meant is that direct experience is the most reliable form of truth if you're able to experience and experiment with something yourself, but if you don't have that option, there are other better places to look for it.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

On 6/5/2018 at 0:12 AM, BjarkeT said:

@DMM710 I would prefer something like the scientific method not direct experience at all or at least as little as possible sorry.

Well, in a way, direct experience can be experimented on. Like any scientific method, you create a hypothesis and so you test it out for yourself to see if it works. Why not test this with direct experience? If it's true, then follow through. If it's false, then throw it away and trust your opinion.

The problem with science is that it often can only study what is true for the general population due to limits of monetary fundings. Your individual needs can be very different, and so self-experimentation is needed.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

― Socrates

I disagree with having to have a written journal. The thing about physical writing is that it's very hard to organize, and with the mountains and mountains of writings I have, it's nice to have an easy search network for what I want. I also have a disability with fine motor skills though, so handwriting is extra difficult for me, and typing is a welcome difference.

I don't seem to get the reason for hating TV in multiple personal development communities. Some TV shows are thoughtful and intelligent discussions of the human experience, and some books are as terrible as Twilight. There are so many wise and beautiful thoughts that can only be understood well through a combined visual-auditory process, and it's sad to see people don't see it's potential sometimes. It seems like it's caused by how people are overly cynical of anything new in media, in the same way Socrates used to advocate against the written word. 

I also remember about Leo's cynicism about how the world would turn out to be in one of the forum posts. Sure, not everything is getting better and not that the world isn't awful, but it was more awful before. Lifespans were shorter from World War II and lack of medical progress. The Millenium Developmental goals on poverty, hunger, education, gender equality, etc. haven't been reached back then.

Gapminder has a resource on world statistics of how the world is getting better, and Steven Pinker wrote "The Angels of Our Nature" to track down how violence has decreased. Yuval Harahi on his book "Homo Deus" also predicts a steady increase in human progress as we grow.

― Socrates

6 hours ago, furashido said:

@Saumaya There are levels to everything. Leo can say it all say it all day long, but you can never know unless you investigate and experience it.

I have investigated enough to know there are no levels.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

31 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

I have investigated enough to know there are no levels.

There’s no levels for Existential Truth, but for the Conceptual Understanding there are a number of levels.  A dummy and a genius are not on the same level.  A baby and a college professor are not on the same level.  In one way, yes, but in another way, no.  People don’t know how to separate Existential Truth from the Conceptual Understanding!  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There’s no levels for Existential Truth, but for the Conceptual Understanding there are a number of levels.  A dummy and a genius are not on the same level.  A baby and a college professor are not on the same level.  In one way, yes, but in another way, no.  People don’t know how to separate Existential Truth from the Conceptual Understanding!  

Yh but I dont think there is a requirement of conceptual understanding beyond a level, unless you have a desire for it. Learning jargon is not required for enlightenment. As jed mckenna says, the point is not to earn a phd in waking up, but waking up; Then you can do whatever you want.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Interesting thread. 9_9

I don't agree with many things that Leo says, but I understand that he is using subtle statements (e.g. "all the spiritual people and altruists are lyers", I think it was in the video "how you lie") as pointers so I can use my brain and ask myself if this could be true. 

I would love to see a thread about "Topics, where you agree with Leo" - who would respond to that? :D

Yeah, and sorry, this reply is full of self-agenda... lol.

Edited by Zweistein

- I do believe in evolution

- We are infinitly interconnected but matter do exist, and consciousness is simply the fact of information exchange. Consciousness and matter are fundamental.

- Sam Harris is more open minded than Leo perceives him

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk