Jay Brown

Whats The Point ?

24 posts in this topic

But even if we leave our own legacy the world is set to end, so whats the point? 

THERE IS NO POINT!

Life is the purpose itself. It has no point. 

Isn't it cool that You are free to make Your own point, to make a pointless thing matter for a blink of an eye?
You're going to die anyway so why not make it fun, before You turn into a dust?

It's not supposed to be eternal. Why make a sandcastle if the waves of the ocean are going to destroy the product of You expressing your gifts?
I dunno, but I might as well built that fuckin sandcastle, because I want to.

@Jay Brown @Thomas @JimmySmalls

This might be a different point of view, but these are my thoughts:

We humans were created by God, for him to have connection with us. He created us like him, and therefore we humans also want to connect with other humans, like us. 

Basically the life purpose is for us to connect with God and other people. In WHAT WAY we connect with other people if another kind of life-purpose if it's through teaching, managing, helping or understanding other humans. And it's different from person to person, but the Main purpose remains - To connect with other humans being.

11 hours ago, Jay Brown said:

But even if we leave our own legacy the world is set to end, so whats the point? 

Enjoy life?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

21 hours ago, Isle of View said:

@Jay Brown Expression and Experience.

that one is just a really well written answer sir Isle. 1 rep up, though that does not mean much in the spiritual field :D. Only there is much different way of experiencing at other stages of your evolution in life (enlightenment).

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, A way to Actualize said:

Only there is much different way of experiencing at other stages of your evolution in life (enlightenment).

Agree :P

@Thomas What this smart buff dude said. There is no point, this makes you free give life any meaning you want it to have. Life is your personal magical playground! Enjoy. Eventually, it will be game-over and nothing that you did mattered in the long run. You might think that some things matter, like saving some lifes, helping people, making children happy, but this only matters in the short run. It doesn't matter actually. @Jay Brown Give life a point, what you want, and play with it!

@Jay Brown Normally I would tell you to take the most authentic pencil you can find and simply draw the damn point yourself... But it's a boring answer ;)

Instead, let's use science ! 

Life has a point. And by "life", I mean evolving and self-replicating organisms. Their point is to increase the amount of order in themselves and in the universe. They want to find patterns in the chaos around, and then make those patterns more ordered.

But what disorder can you fight in your life ?

• Emotional disorder
  • Intellectual disorder
  • Cultural disorder
  • Economic disorder
  • Environmental disorder
  • Physical disorder
  • Metaphysical disorder
  • Epistemological disorder
  • Perceptual disorder

You should make your life about working on some of those problems. And actually, you're biologically obliged to do so. So it really is a will and not a should.

On 12/03/2016 at 5:15 PM, Jay Brown said:

There isn't really a point in leaving a legacy. Never mind about the world ending, no legacy is likely to last that long anyway. In any case, once you're gone, youre not going to care less about your legacy. So as far as you are concerned there isn't a point. As far as anyone else is concerned that is still around after you're gone, if your legacy serves them in some way, then they'll say there's every point.

It's all a bit of a moot point really.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@Jay Brown Love this question.

I haven't got the answer. Just my answer.

Whether we like it or not the human race is going to continue. 

Why not leave the place in a little bit better state than we found it?

This is the only thing that really interests me now. 

You don't want to put your life to misery, sit in a corner and cry how the world is cruel, that you will die anyway. That's neurotic!

Look at it this way... The life, this is not it. Im not talking haven or no haven...

This life, until you "die". Its just the first level. To pass it you need to make a name for your self, make something in it, sure. A legacy, maybe of knowledge? When you die filthy ritch and intelligent you go to the next level... If you suicide, cry in a corner and become noone you'd just get reborn and restart the first level of life.

Book.png

On 3/13/2016 at 9:22 PM, HypSandar said:

You don't want to put your life to misery, sit in a corner and cry how the world is cruel, that you will die anyway. That's neurotic!

Look at it this way... The life, this is not it. Im not talking haven or no haven...

This life, until you "die". Its just the first level. To pass it you need to make a name for your self, make something in it, sure. A legacy, maybe of knowledge? When you die filthy ritch and intelligent you go to the next level... If you suicide, cry in a corner and become noone you'd just get reborn and restart the first level of life.

Book.png

I disagree with your view. Life is not an ego fest of who will gain more than the rest and "level up". Life is for enjoying it. If there are levels, however, they would not be associated with monetary gains or intelligence, but with enlightenment, consciousness levels.

The way you put it is too Ego involved and that is a model we want to get rid of (I think). The reason we want to get rid of it, is because it creates a lot of suffering, a lot of unfulfilled desires and at the end of one's life he asks himself "While I've been doing all this time, I forgot to just be." An enlightened and poor money-wise person, lives more fully and fulfills his life purpose (to live) more fully than a rich businessmen that has it all in the world of form, but has not learned how to be and therefore does not appreciate life at it's fullest.

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟