Dali Llama

Acting as Buddah in difficult situations

13 posts in this topic

I wonder what a Buddha would do if someone was blackmailing him. for example if something precious to him to was taken hostage and he was asked to comply to the perpetrators demand. Would he submit or would he fight to show such a person that their actions are harmful?

Dont think about what others would do. What do you want to do?

@Dali Llama Either option seems like a loss, i fight i cause suffering, I submit i suffer and then the perpetrator reinforces his actions

Just now, Dali Llama said:

@Dali Llama Either option seems like a loss, i fight i cause suffering, I submit i suffer and then the perpetrator reinforces his actions

You cant create suffering. You can create pain, physical pain but you cant make others suffer. Suffering is caused by each person's mind, not by actions or words.  Check out Noah Elkrief videos on youtube.

2 hours ago, Dali Llama said:

I wonder what a Buddha would do if someone was blackmailing him. for example if something precious to him to was taken hostage and he was asked to comply to the perpetrators demand. Would he submit or would he fight to show such a person that their actions are harmful?

My take is that a Buddha wouldn't hold any object as precious and would just let go and do nothing. 

Ofcourse to our romantic minds this seems like a total asshole move, for example if it's his child, but ultimately consciousness is unaffected whether so called good or bad things happen.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

My take is that a Buddha wouldn't hold any object as precious and would just let go and do nothing. 

Ofcourse to our romantic minds this seems like a total asshole move, for example if it's his child, but ultimately consciousness is unaffected whether so called good or bad things happen.

I agree. I don't think he had any kids lol but pretty sure his whole shtick was to be free of all materialistic attachments. I don't really know much about him, but I'd imagine blackmailing Buddha would be as successful as blackmailing a rock lol

39 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

I agree. I don't think he had any kids lol but pretty sure his whole shtick was to be free of all materialistic attachments. I don't really know much about him, but I'd imagine blackmailing Buddha would be as successful as blackmailing a rock lol

No, he had a daughter, he left his wife and her for attaining liberation. I dont know, I think Buddha would try to negotiate.

@Ether like I said, I don't know much about him :) I know I would negotiate for my daughter. But like you said:

1 minute ago, Ether said:

he left his wife and her for attaining liberation

so who knows what he would do lol

I think Buddha will try to help, but if he could not he won't be affected about what he can't control 

8 hours ago, Dali Llama said:

@Ether I just want to be like the buddah

Big trap right there. 

You won't be like Buddha by mirroring His actions. You will become like Him when you shed all of your attachments, resistance, and sin (these all point to the same thing). 

I think Buddha would give the thing they want if He can afford it, if not, he would die in peace. 

You can not be like the Buddha before you psychologically die. Focus on the source of His actions, His teachings, not the outer manifestations of these. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

The Buddha comes with no attachments. This scenario is not possible as the buddha does not attach thus will not react. I was at this level or at least close to this level once, if my whole family died, it wouldn't of effected me negatively or positively, it would just be and i would just be with it and simply see it as the universe playing itself out and knowing thus trusting its divine order and to some degree i still see things this way because this way shows least resistance and path of least resistance is the path of highest excitement and highest excitement is your purest nature.

There are no right or wrongs, only experience.

Ego is the only thing that gets in the way and can be interfered, the egoless cannot be interfered.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E