Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ether

I want help with walking meditation

13 posts in this topic

I do walking meditation, what is it? Its when walking, focusing on the sensations of the feet when hitting the ground. One foot after the other, and so on.

But I have encountered a problem, in the beginning I would focus on the balls of my feet and it would be ok but now, when I do that, usually on the left foot...I cant feel it!

I have to switch the area of focus on my feet. Help?

Just focus on whatever area comes to your attention, no need to force anything. You can focus on your calves and thighs or whatever

Dont look at me! Look inside!

24 minutes ago, Ether said:

focusing on the sensations of the feet when hitting the ground

Meditation is not focusing. When you focus on one thing you become unconscious towards all other things.

Open all your senses: listen to the softest sounds like birds singing; smell the fragrance of plants and trees; feel the air, the breeze or the wind on your body and notice the sensations of the feet when hitting the ground, you should be open to everything. Be aware when you lift your foot and when you move it forward, and when you place it down to move along.

When you are walking, don’t walk at the old pace, with old speed; slow down, so much so that you have to be alert, otherwise you will gather your speed again. Walk in a relaxed way, move as if all eternity is available to you. 

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Meditation is not focusing. When you focus on one thing you become unconscious towards all other things.

Open all your senses: listen to the softest sounds like birds singing; smell the fragrance of plants and trees; feel the air, the breeze or the wind on your body and notice the sensations of the feet when hitting the ground, you should be open to everything. Be aware when you lift your foot and when you move it forward, and when you place it down to move along.

When you are walking, don’t walk at the old pace, with old speed; slow down, so much so that you have to be alert, otherwise you will gather your speed again. Walk in a relaxed way, move as if all eternity is available to you. 

Yes, Im focused on my feet but I notice the rest.

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Just focus on whatever area comes to your attention, no need to force anything. You can focus on your calves and thighs or whatever

Yeah, thats what im doing, its working now. A bit confusing sometimes.

Btw hit me up for another collab.

The i that wants help is the movement of thought. As long as that i seeks advice “knowledge” then that i will remain divided and seperated from what it does. There is no division between the i and what it is doing. That’s where the contradiction enters and where the problem occurs. 

You are right from the getgo preventing meditation because you are entering this with a positve action/dualistic action. 

Maintianing movement in that direction is perpetuating/feeding the ego.

The approach is very important. The only way go about this is to be able to identify this as it is happening in oneself.

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Faceless I want what you are smoking

?

It sounds complicated but it’s something that just clicks once you see how everything works together as a whole. 

But we may have to understand the parts before we can put it all together as a whole. 

Self knowledge is the only way. 

Edited by Faceless

I smoke... oxygen... its the best drug GOOD AAASS PRANA BAAABYY

On 24/05/2018 at 6:52 PM, Rilles said:

I smoke... oxygen... its the best drug GOOD AAASS PRANA BAAABYY

Can I get  an heLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

All you do is maintain mindfulness as you walk.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Ether slow motion this side oooooouuuuuuuhhhh

On 26/05/2018 at 9:34 AM, Rilles said:

@Ether slow motion this side oooooouuuuuuuhhhh

(ooo) got em

LIL PUMP

I just fucked your girl, feeling like drose

I just broke my ankle, feeling like drose

I peed on a rose, i peed on drose

OOO

OOO