Amer

Losing the spark

9 posts in this topic

Hello Actualizers..

Did you ever encounter losing the spark towards your passion? towards what you love doing, towards what makes you feel alive, due to life circumstances/ responsibilities, and maybe maturing up?

Is it just a phase? it happened to me before, and the passion came back stronger, but this time it's different.

What would you do about it? surround yourself with passionate people who would inspire you? look deep inside? Meditate? I am asking myself these questions while asking you guys too..

I hope to get an answer... . would really appreciate it.

What inspired you about it in the first place? Maybe you need to get in touch with that again. Or you’ve moved on from that purpose and have a new purpose 

@Amer  It happens. Sometimes it is a kind of autocorrect, meaning the passionproject was wrong or no longer useful.

Variation is a basic human need, so I guess it also comes into play.

@Slade @Barbarian Number 8 thank you so much guys for the insight, I think I can relate to both.

I tried to reconnect of what it means to me and why I do it in the first place. It kind of gave me that motivation again to practice it more. at the same time, I feel like it is not the same as before. its NOT the same motives that I used to have. 

I am a dancer and have been doing it since 14+ years. I feel it doesn't mean the same to me anymore, yet, its becoming more personal, I don't need to be out there to win competitions or battle others (which I did... had so much hunger) now it's slightly less. I am still passionate about the music and the movement though.. I think I will be doing it for as long as I'm gonna live, but in a more mature way. more personal way.

Will see how it goes. thank you guys again.

More insight is definitely welcomed!

@Amer yes absolutely !! It happens very often and it will keep happening throughout your life. 

I've found my purpose around a year ago and have been taking steps towards it. I get a lot of pushback from my ego, family and friends and it is difficult to push through all that. 

Meditation may definitely help you calm the mind and I found visualisation very helpful as well. Simply take 5 minutes to visualise yourself doing that thing that you want to do, and being really really good at it, changing lives, helping people..whatever is your core drive, visualise yourself succeeding at that. This and surrounding yourself with people who strive towards the same will help you keep on track while limiting a contact with those who discourage you. 

And finally, youtube is an excellent place to find someone who is on the same journey. Many youtubers record their journey towards whatever it is that they want to achieve Finding someone you can relate to is a massive confidence booster. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I am relate to this, I use to sing all the time but then lost it as I went into life and had to deal with more serious stuff.

Right now, Idk what is my passion, sometimes I enjoy sining but I do not see it as practical, I also enjoy wisdom now and see it as more of a practical value.

And, I am confused btw picking the two, old passion that once burn intensely which didn't serve much purpose or the new flame of passion that burn low but can serve greatly.

Perhaps, you need to create a gallery where you browse the masterpieces that inspired you to pursue your passion.

If you don't browse gallery on a regular basis, you will lose sight of what inspired your passion at the beginning.