littleBIG

Can't see why meditation will benefit me and can't stick with it

31 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, littleBIG said:

I don't see the benefits of it. How is focusing on my breath for 30 minutes going to help me?

I do have some limiting beliefs i would like to get past”

That’s how. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

That’s how. 

Bam. That's turning turning defeat into motivation.

too much

reduce the meditation to 5 minutes a day

I have done this for the past year

now I start a meditation and I meditate till I feel there is no purpose
each meditation is unique in its ''duration'' and I use this word very carefully because during meditation I aim to step out of time

each meditation carefully tailored to the needs in that moment, that second

meditation is not about time but for one who is not yet attuned with the inner world, the structure of time is very useful to anchor oneself

so I would recommend meditating 5 minutes then keep going till you get tired and/or ''bored''

this way you have a structured 5 minute meditation and you're also able to explore after the 5 minutes what meditation means to you out of the concept of time and more suited to your needs, your energy profile

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Inner peace, joy, happiness.

Stillness, body and mind.

Calmness, unconditional.

Is it enough?

Short term loses for long term gain's ?

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

That’s how. 

??

@Nahm Are you saying I wouldn't have realized that without doing meditation?

@littleBIG No, how would I know how you realize?  Meditation is great for becoming aware of our limited beliefs, so we can let them go. So we actually do what we want to do. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Switch your meditation method. All meditation is not created equal, nor does it benefit you in the all the same ways. I’ve never been a fan of just focusing on the breath.

(Pure speculation here) but I think focusing on the breath would probably increase your concentration more than anything else.

Do nothing could be good for purging your thoughts and understanding how your awareness works.

Mindfulness could get you more in tune with the present moment, and becoming aware of sensations/objects independent of any meaning/judgement you assign to them.

Or you can just sit and be aware of the present moment. Which I find to be the least painful, and actually quite enjoyable. Sometimes I mix a little bit of mindfulness, breath focus, third eye focus or what ever in there.

I find that it doesn’t have to be extremely rigid to produce results. Mindfulness, breath focus, third eye focus or other similar techniques are similar enough that switching between them feels quite smooth to me. I usually feel very present and sharp after doing this. 

But i’m no expert on meditation. I’m still learning, and what I said about each method is purely my own opinion. 

I think all meditation probably make you more mindful/aware etc. but I believe that different methods produce higher results in different areas. 

I’ve tried meditating many times in the past, the biggest mistake is to just keep tying the same one over and over again. If it’s painful to do, then don’t do it. I think meditation should at least be somewhat enjoyable.

And the last thing I’ll say that’s really helped me is this mindset - Don’t start a meditation practice with the mindset of “I’ll do some meditation for a little while and see how it makes me feel.” No. It has to be more like “This is something I’m going to do every single day, no matter what. Without missing a SINGLE day under ANY circumstance, no exceptions. Look at it as a life style change, and not an experiement or temporary thing. 

Oh and one thing that definitely will happen is less suffering in general. If you stick with it long enough, you’ll naturally live in the present moment more often. You can’t have anxiety about the future/self doubt/regret/loneliness when you’re not lost in thought. None of that shit exists when your attention is completely outside of your head.

Edited by DMM710

If it doesn't feel good to you, it's not (yet) right for you. Until you aren't drawn towards observing your breath, you are building up resistance in the name of releasing it - that's just stupid. 

As @DMM710 said, try the Do Nothing technique. I hated breath awareness and meditation until I tried the technique. Great beginner technique, it's fully effortless. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Warning, self actualization is not a concept that you learn and became better at it.

Enlightenment is discovering your own essence, by doing so, one switches focus from outside world to the inside. By simply focusing on the inside, the body/mind will part in a process of literal Agony, Fear, Disorientation, Bliss. 

Do not forget, we where putting our energy outside during decades for many of us. Now when you return to your inner world everything seems to fall apart in the first months/years. 

The process is not for the pleasure seekers, pleasure comes as a consequence of harmony/love. But until one is in the process of harmony, PAIN is the greatest virtue. 

Edited by Quanty