Principium Nexus

Reality is NOW

109 posts in this topic

You or I are it, we are reality. This thing you are experience now, that is us, my thoughts in your head. So who are you?

If it's not you, then who are we?

Are we the I? As in one complete being, then everyone is I. The path of the Buddha is to vow the enlightenment of all and guide them to more compassion and love. So where do we begin?

Edited by Principium Nexus

@Principium Nexus Reality doesn’t exist. You don’t exist. End of story.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Principium Nexus Your thoughts about reality. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Then there is still something to be perceived, by someone, either it's you or me. Isn't this what we call reality?

@Principium Nexus No. You think it’s real, but it’s not. Your thoughts don’t create reality, they just make you believe it’s real. 

@How to be wise I get the "think" in a symbolic representation of what is. So if any idea I have about reality is false, even the gathering of all my sensations to form the "now", then we are bound to be wanders in loose ground.

Has anyone seen the word reality as meaning “res”

”things” 

Therfore of thought.

i think using reality in in that way will lead to a better consensus in the discussion or what is as distinct from what is thought about or reflected upon. 

I only wanted to point out that this path of contemplation and research will go full circle. There are many people out there like me who fall for the thinking trap, and mistake being with concious thought.

Many are on their way to enlightenment and eventually one will come to conclusion there is no more purpose of contempating.

Everything is as full as it can be.

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Using reality words to decribe reality? 

Seems loopy. 

You can’t describe reality. That’s the point. 

Seems people use reality as in the sense of objective reality. Which is not reality. It’s only thinking about what that “reality or truth” might be. 

So when one uses “res” it’s talking about reality as in perception through consciousness. The conditioned mind. Or the content of ones conciousness. As in duality, fragmentation, and psychological time and so on. 

Its just a different way of explaining in order to get perhaps a clearer understanding with one anohter. 

You have never considered thinking about it this way? 

Edited by Faceless

12 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

But..

You can also perceive/experience reality without thoughts. So how can reality just be a thought?

??

This is why it’s very important to understand how experience comes about. 

What is experience? 

How does experience come about? 

Do ‘you’ experience?

These are important to go into. As far as ending the movement of time. Or seeing what is. 

Check it out:)

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless You’re reiterating what I said. 

I but Im using reality in the sense that what thought touches on, thinks about, reflects about. I think that is what “res” came from right? 

Things are only of thought “thinks” 

Anything that thought is involved with basically. 

Edited by Faceless

Isn't the whole purpose of thought to keep i-dentity? It's the only thing withholding us from not caring about this identified body anymore.

In that sense we are prisoners by our own thoughts, true liberation would be the end of thought?

So we might want to use truth as independent of throught. As a perception without “res” “things” 

If conciousness that is conditioned ceases to manifest itself the content of ones consciousness would empty and therfore “things” cease to exist. 

Thats one way of looking at it. 

So we can walk together. It seems this way might be easier to talk about this with in general with people who perhaps are not familiar with this stuff. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless I understand what the Buddhist monks try to achieve now. They literally mean the end of all suffering by dissolving their thought not fearing "death", since that's just a thought too.

21 minutes ago, Faceless said:

??

This is why it’s very important to understand how experience comes about. 

What is experience? 

How does experience come about? 

Do ‘you’ experience?

These are important to go into. As far as ending the movement of time. Or seeing what is. 

Check it out:)

what do you define as experience? :D 

@Faceless

Edited by moon777light