Elena2

How has your life changed after enlightenment?

24 posts in this topic

I`m actually just a silent reader and absorber of this forum.
But I couldn`t find any tread about life after enlightenment. Yes of course there will be no more suffering, infinety and so on.

I wouldn´t consider my self as enlightend but I had some experiences of no self. I am sure that I  don´t know who or what I am, I don´t know what "experiences" are or what anything, what we call "everyday life" actually is. I see that mostly everything I know or would have considerd as reality are actually just concepts and ideas (Of whom? who has those ideas in the first place? and who is believing them?)

At the moment I experience my life like a movie, as kind of a third person phenomena what´s quiet puzzling. There are times when my mind takes over. (Takes over what? or Whom?) and I become identified with it but it gets rarer and rarer.

My Question is how do you experience your life after enlightenment, or some similar phenomena (how ever you like to call it).

What do you see in other people (interacting and talking feels very strange to me)?

How did your behavior change?

Your perception? 

I am happy about every answer. I just feel like  am going to become crazy, because there are so few people understanding this.

Adyashanti has a book I quite liked 'The End of Your World' which covers this exact topics.

At the moment I experience my life like a movie, as kind of a third person phenomena what´s quiet puzzling.

Yes, that's been my experience of sahaja (which has not fully stabilized): like you're just watching a 3d movie and experience Only Don't Know mind.

I think the third person phenomenon is referred to as non-doership.

You seem to have the markers of self-realization/"1000", close to stable sahaja.

Again, these are all concepts, but the experience you seem to describe matches mine.

Edited by Haumea

8 hours ago, Elena2 said:

At the moment I experience my life like a movie, as kind of a third person phenomena what´s quiet puzzling. There are times when my mind takes over. (Takes over what? or Whom?) and I become identified with it but it gets rarer and rarer.

My Question is how do you experience your life after enlightenment, or some similar phenomena (how ever you like to call it).

What do you see in other people (interacting and talking feels very strange to me)?

How did your behavior change?

Your perception? 

I am happy about every answer. I just feel like  am going to become crazy, because there are so few people understanding this.

After enlightenment, suffering and attachment dropped away...and the mind fell silent.  I don't have any "third person" kind of experience going on.  The experience of life is much the same as it prior to enlightenment, just the lack of confusion and no "me"...and lack of guilt, regret, worry, anxiety, fear, problems, etc.  No longer resisting or denying life and all it entails.  I met a woman after enlightenment and I eventually married her.  She mentions that she has never had such an easy relationship before and we rarely get into fights.  Really, the experience of life post enlightenment is not "special" in any way.  Just a lack of ownership/identification.

I don't see anything in particular in other people...just other people in the game of life.  There is the deeper knowing that there is no "me" or "other people".  Talking and interacting is no different after enlightenment than before.  It is just much harder to find a button to push on me...and I don't tend to fall into another's drama.

My behavior changed in that far less affects me negatively.  I don't get mad when many others get mad.  I forgive and let go what other find difficult to let go.  My behavior is more fluid and spontaneous than it was prior to enlightenment.  I was a heavy-duty planner with a pocket calendar...now I am not.  I really don't stress out about anything.  If I notice any inkling stress, I know something within me is resisting what-is and I look more deeply at it.  I did notice that after enlightenment things started becoming dry (so to speak) and then I started practicing appreciation and kindness.  I am adding softness to this.  Not because this will make me a better person, but for my own entertainment and enjoyment.  There is just a joy of life.

My perception is the same...it is the understanding of what is perceived that changed.  There was the deep insight and revelation that there is no "me" and it shattered the identification with a "me".  There is no other, so it was a nondual realization.  As such, there is no other to fear.  There is no such thing as gain or loss.  Nothing can harm what I really am...the body/mind will only change forms.  Everything constantly changes...nothing is static or unmoving.  Everything is temporary and there is little to no control regarding when or how things change.  The past is but a memory and the future is but an imagination...both are of the mind.  Only now exists.  There is not point in resisting or denying what-is.  This is all there is...and you are This. 

I had many strange  and interesting experiences prior to enlightenment, but the experience of enlightenment and life after was rather normal.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

4 minutes ago, eputkonen said:

After enlightenment, suffering and attachment dropped away...and the mind fell silent.  I don't have any "third person" kind of experience going on.  The experience of life is much the same as it prior to enlightenment, just the lack of confusion and no "me"...and lack of guilt, regret, worry, anxiety, fear, problems, etc.  No longer resisting or denying life and all it entails.  I met a woman after enlightenment and I eventually married her.  She mentions that she has never had such an easy relationship before and we rarely get into fights.  Really, the experience of life post enlightenment is not "special" in any way.  Just a lack of ownership/identification.

I don't see anything in particular in other people...just other people in the game of life.  There is the deeper knowing that there is no "me" or "other people".  Talking and interacting is no different after enlightenment than before.  It is just much harder to find a button to push on me...and I don't tend to fall into another's drama.

My behavior changed in that far less affects me negatively.  I don't get mad when many others get mad.  I forgive and let go what other find difficult to let go.  My behavior is more fluid and spontaneous than it was prior to enlightenment.  I was a heavy-duty planner with a pocket calendar...now I am not.  I really don't stress out about anything.  If I notice any inkling stress, I know something within me is resisting what-is and I look more deeply at it.  I did notice that after enlightenment things started becoming dry (so to speak) and then I started practicing appreciation and kindness.  I am adding softness to this.  Not because this will make me a better person, but for my own entertainment and enjoyment.  There is just a joy of life.

My perception is the same...it is the understanding of what is perceived that changed.  There was the deep insight and revelation that there is no "me" and it shattered the identification with a "me".  There is no other, so it was a nondual realization.  As such, there is no other to fear.  There is no such thing as gain or loss.  Nothing can harm what I really am...the body/mind will only change forms.  Everything constantly changes...nothing is static or unmoving.  Everything is temporary and there is little to no control regarding when or how things change.  The past is but a memory and the future is but an imagination...both are of the mind.  Only now exists.  There is not point in resisting or denying what-is.  This is all there is...and you are This. 

What about reincarnation? Did you have any insight about whether you would have to take a new physical body after this would wear down? Would you want to or not? 

1 minute ago, iamme said:

What about reincarnation? Did you have any insight about whether you would have to take a new physical body after this would wear down? Would you want to or not? 

The only thing that gets reincarnated is the I-thought.

After you reach "1000" (i.e. kill the I-thought) there is no more reincarnation.

18 minutes ago, Haumea said:

The only thing that gets reincarnated is the I-thought.

After you reach "1000" (i.e. kill the I-thought) there is no more reincarnation.

Thank you for your answer.

I don't think you can kill the "I" thought as the "I" is the all. It's more of a matter of removing the limitations/ separations surrounding the "I". 

But my question about reincarnation wasn't generic, I'd like to know how @eputkonen sees it from where they're at. 

53 minutes ago, iamme said:

I wrote a couple blog posts about this topic of reincarnation:

http://www.engagednonduality.com/how-does-reincarnation-fit-with-nonduality-or-doesnt-it/

http://www.engagednonduality.com/is-awakening-a-way-to-avoid-reincarnation-liberation-from-the-wheel-of-birth-death/

The quick answer would be  - there is no "me"...I was not born, and so will not die or be reborn.  The question of reincarnation is only valid for one who identifies with being some one.  Some one who is alive now and wonders if he or she will reincarnate.  I am no one.  I don't care if there is another life or not in the future, because there are other lives now.  What I really am is as much you as the person named "Eric"...and so when "Eric" dies...there is still the game of playing you going on.  There is no other...no separation.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@Elena2 ......But none is granted it save those who are patient, and none is granted it save the owner of great happiness......

1 hour ago, eputkonen said:

I wrote a couple blog posts about this topic of reincarnation:

http://www.engagednonduality.com/how-does-reincarnation-fit-with-nonduality-or-doesnt-it/

http://www.engagednonduality.com/is-awakening-a-way-to-avoid-reincarnation-liberation-from-the-wheel-of-birth-death/

The quick answer would be  - there is no "me"...I was not born, and so will not die or be reborn.  The question of reincarnation is only valid for one who identifies with being some one.  Some one who is alive now and wonders if he or she will reincarnate.  I am no one.  I don't care if there is another life or not in the future, because there are other lives now.  What I really am is as much you as the person named "Eric"...and so when "Eric" dies...there is still the game of playing you going on.  There is no other...no separation.

This makes sense and blog is also good. Thank you :)

What's your take on: ' "I" is the link that connects all of us.' ? 

22 minutes ago, iamme said:

This makes sense and blog is also good. Thank you :)

What's your take on: ' "I" is the link that connects all of us.' ? 

Never heard that before.   Don't focus on the "I"...it is just a thought.  What is prior to the "I" thought?

Life is really boring around common folk :) 

To much seriousness and fear around. 

I get too much attention normally. 

Comes natural to speak with strangers and specially connect with women in my case. 

I really enjoy the agony in growth and the bliss after. 

& many many many more magical things in depth about everything and about even some grains of sand when i'm on the beach. 

After Enlightenment, you finally understand what it feels like to be Alive and Live Truly. Even a walk down the street is artwork of divine magnificence and pure joy of synchronistic intelligence as everything has awakened/reincarnated like the first time you ever experience Life as a baby.

Now this (state of utter bliss and pure understanding) can last from several months to a few years or more depending on your self-work/care and lifestyle choices/situation or it can last indefinitely if you are already pre-prepared from previous awakenings whether it is this life or the previous that you have chosen to forget for a greater purpose.

Grasping Oneness to the degree when you cannot differentiate between you and another or even you and an object for that matter is one of the most profound and enlightening experiences, it takes the feeling of HOME to a level beyond your wildest dreams. You can be anywhere in the universe and you will feel completely safe and home in pure love.

Love is the Key!

^that is basically what one can explain with words, there is magic like stated above far greater than could ever be expressed but only directly experienced/understood/felt.

Bless!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Enlightened action and dynamic/stillness. 

Edited by Faceless

8 hours ago, Haumea said:

Again, these are all concepts

Yes. From time to time I need someone to remind me on this fact. Its quiet funny, how the mind and its logic works. I have to laugh when I notice its paradoxality.  

8 hours ago, eputkonen said:

I had many strange  and interesting experiences prior to enlightenment, but the experience of enlightenment and life after was rather normal.

@eputkonen Thank you for your detailed answer! 
I was thinking that after enlightenment, relationships and comunication whould be different. Because you have noticed that other people actually don´t exist in the way you(r mind) thought and they aren´t different or seperated from you. 
I think a mistake I make is that I still hang up on logic an reasoning. Like I need to convince my mind to drop all the believes it has before I can see everything clearly. But in fact the mind isn´t hiding anything right?

5 hours ago, Quanty said:

Life is really boring around common folk :) 

To much seriousness and fear around. 

I totally agree. At the beginning I tried to talk to people about this, but I stopped it because there was so much resistance and fear.

Of course there are some people who are open, but they still start to go to sleep after the conversation.

@pluto Thank you for your beautiful discription,  of how life feels to you.:)

It feels like I'm exploring a new world

it feels like I'm in a sci-fi movie

feels like I'm in my favourite anime

feels like I'm in heaven

feels like I'm in a big sea,

feels like I'm exploring galaxies

feels like exploring an alien world, and I love my fellow aliens

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

13 hours ago, eputkonen said:

Never heard that before.   Don't focus on the "I"...it is just a thought.  What is prior to the "I" thought?

Nothing :)

Why would one dig nothing for? 

What came first, nothing or everything? 

1 hour ago, iamme said:

Nothing :)

Why would one dig nothing for? 

What came first, nothing or everything? 

Nothing?  Perhaps in that it is not a thing...or does not have form.

Nothing is everything.  Everything is nothing.