Faceless

The nature of ones meditation practice...

10 posts in this topic

This may be why why meditation is so difficult for some ?

Is your practice a movement of psychological time? Is it a moving from your current state of being to another? If time is involved is that meditation?

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Is your practice a movement of psychological time? Is it a moving from your current state of being to another? If time is involved is that meditation?

Deep stuff

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I can say Meditation is the attention on the WHOLE, not only on the mind. This is achieved by the Breath, because breath goes in every cell of the body and at the same time you connect directly with the fabric of space/time, not only the brain. So here you have it, a scientific explanation of how to see "IT". 

When you observe the observer ;)

B R E A T H E

23 hours ago, pluto said:

When you observe the observer ;)

There are at least 4 stages of observance to start seeing more than the 5 senses. 

6 hours ago, Quanty said:

There are at least 4 stages of observance to start seeing more than the 5 senses. 

Are you sure??

On 26/04/2018 at 5:58 PM, Faceless said:

I set the timer for 20 minutes. Meditation, meditation, meditation, thought arises! "in 15 seconds it will start ringing" then it rings.

I guess the answer for ur question is yes. I started to observe this showing up of this thought. 

Second thing is that even though I set the timer for 20 minutes, several sessions feel like 40 minutes and several like 3 minutes. 

"I thought if you are a Buddhist you gonna be nice"

"Nope"

For me, yes, having a time clock you do meditation.. because try to meditate no timer or no time you can't handle it.. you don't know what time is it,. And your mind use that, your mind will say, okay enough enough open your eyes.. the thing is you didn't know that it is only 5 mins passed.. if you are enlightened, maybe doing meditation without a time is okay with that level of consciousness that you can handle your monkey mind.. meditate for about 24 hours ha-ha if you can...

On 26.04.2018 at 5:58 PM, Faceless said:

In my understanding of meditation, it has to necessarily include both, movement of time and timelessness.
Breath meditation is learning how breath can be voluntary and involuntary.
One does breath meditation when sitting and listening to his breath.
One also does breath meditation when working and ignoring it. 

Meditation from this perspective is seeing how consciousness is unconsciousness.
Ones unconscious bowel movements are the same as his unconscious shining of the sun.
When one consciously reads this post, he is unconscious of himself reading this post.

One can neither meditate, nor not meditate.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

In my understanding of meditation, it has to necessarily include both, movement of time and timelessness.
Breath meditation is learning how breath can be voluntary and involuntary.
One does breath meditation when sitting and listening to his breath.
One also does breath meditation when working and ignoring it. 

Meditation from this perspective is seeing how consciousness is unconsciousness.
Ones unconscious bowel movements are the same as his unconscious shining of the sun.
When one consciously reads this post, he is unconscious of himself reading this post.

One can neither meditate, nor not meditate.

As in Attention to innatention. 

Because the meditator is the meditated