Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

What do i expect before and after taking LSD?

10 posts in this topic

Is there an effect long term? Imean if i take it and i discover the creative effect of lsd it will not leave my system anymore.. something like that

Edited by John Iverson

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Why do you want and "need" to take LSD?

To discover things for myself, to self actualized, and to have a greater understanding of what Leo is Talking about latelabout metaphysics and epistemology... i want to experience it for myself..

Edited by John Iverson

3 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

No evidence of any negative effects long-term like in terms of brain damage.

However some people report HPPD and triggers of anxiety, panic attacks, depression, depersonalizations, and existential crises.

Positive effects do have some sort of lasting effect if one learns from it.

I will make sure to learn from taking it :D thankyou

8 hours ago, John Iverson said:

I will make sure to learn from taking it :D thankyou

Yeah I am not even saying any of that negative stuff is likely to happen. I just think its good to be made aware that it CAN and does happen to some people.

I personally think as long as set and setting is accounted for, you take it wisely with good intentions and you're open, it should go very well. It can be very euphoric and pleasing as well.

This man claimed to have taken it 311 times... and he seems perfectly fine: 

LSD is awesome. Treat this substance with great respect. Surrender, accept what comes, and always remember it will pass.

I was not prepared for how stimulating it is, be prepared to be up for up to 24 hours. There is a certain difference between chemical drugs like amphetamine and pure plants like weed or kratom, you can just sense it. LSD definitely feels chemical to me. I know people will disagree with me here but have a beer or two ready if it gets too much, alcohol acts basically like benzodiazepine which mellows out a trip. If I would be doing it again the first time I would be taking a very light dose at first. When you hear about LSD you think of the visuals but the visuals are really a very small part of it and werent event that great for me, the effect on the mind is much more pronounced, that also came as a suprise.

The major effects may be gone after 6 hours but you are definitely slightly tripping for 12 at least and even then you dont feel quite normal until you get some sleep. As I said I had really bad insomnia for which I was not prepared I was up a whole night and then the whole next day and I felt like shit.

Edited by MM1988

Expectation will inevitably influence and project itself onto an experience. 

Dont expect. The less expectation the more free an experience is from the experiencer?

Experience can be very tricky.?

Edited by Faceless

Prepare to start spewing peace and love bullshit. Dreads will come in no time. Showering and the wearing of deodorant may seize. You may start listening exclusively to the dead. Good luck!