Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Leo(and others) answer this one!

9 posts in this topic

I fully understand that I'm not the body, and that we "invent" a person to be out of social conditioning aka ego. 

So far I've only experimented with mushrooms, and my ego melted away, I could fully look at "my" body completely detached, like I watched/contemplated some objektive thing, I could see all the flaws of the bodymind without any identifikation with it, truly liberated. 

However, even though I fully become aware that I'm not the bodymind that took the scrooms, I felt I was still something, like some sort of individuality. 

And since I'm into to a certain type of cosmology that advocate that although we're not an ego that came to be in a certain body and Then dies with it when the body goes down, we are instead all eternal individuals with different developed skills and talents which we constantly improve on by every life we temporarilly live. 

Is This compatible with your teaching and nonduality? To me This makes sence, although all is one at its final analysis. 

Think about it, lets ponder compassion, a highly complex trait/feeling, yet some seem to have a very finetune and developed capacity for compassion at very young age, while others never manage to Carry out any such capacity throughout an entire lifetime. 

Could it be that we all are going to manage a high level capacity for compassion and other appreciated traits in the end? But that we are at different stages because what we as "individual units" have learned throughout pervious lifetimes aka reincarnation? 

According to the particular cosmology that resonates with me, we are all the same in terms of what it is that experience, it is always one and the same awareness in each of us that experience whatever we experience, no individuality in that regards. Rather what distinguish us as individuals are that we all have a set of "talent kernals" developed according to what we faced in our eternal Journey so far, and the work we have Done throughout our multiple lives. Thus we are at different levels. 

Some have very high intuition for Love, beauty, compassion etcetera. 

This also would be very fair(if it's true), that means people are not randomly lucky to be conpassionate and hence popular, but they rather deserve it because of work and crises in previous lives. 

To sum it up, the cosmology I refer to only suggest one consciousness(nonduality). It's only the one and same awareness that experience everything through us. But there is an individual aspect as Well, we have different capacities and potential depending how developed out "talent kernals" are, which depends on how we lived and struggled to become better peoples in previous lives. 

Is This something that can be true? Or do we live in a more strictly nondual realm where any Idea of any individual agent makes no sence? 

What do you think? 

I would like Leo's response, but I would Love to hear any other response as Well, please give your opinions on This topic. ?

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden some call it karma or energy accumulated throughout “past” lifes but whatever you call it it’s still the content. Even if the soul or any other layers exist it does not change the fact that reality has non dual nature. You are speaking about content still not substance. If you had experienced full ego death there wouldn’t be feeling of personality left. It would be just empty thing less consciousness. 

If you want to know your true nature you must “dig” deeper than the soul or past lives or whatever. You must study the one who is unchanging and always “there”. 

Edited by egoless

20 minutes ago, egoless said:

@MarkusSweden

If you want to know your true nature you must “dig” deeper than the soul or past lives or whatever. You must study the one who is unchanging and always “there”. 

I know, the unchanging is the atman. Atman is always the same as Brahman aka the same infinite and impersonal consciousness. 

But your particular atman improves according to your accumulated life experiences and work, your potential for compassion for exemple grows accordingly. (Individuality) 

But "your" consciousness stays the same, as it does for all others. We are never anything other Then the same impersonal infinite consciousness, all Altmans=Brahman aka nonduality(all is one) 

you see what I'm saying here? 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

And since I'm into to a certain type of cosmology that advocate that although we're not an ego that came to be in a certain body and Then dies with it when the body goes down, we are instead all eternal individuals with different developed skills and talents which we constantly improve on by every life we temporarilly live. 

Is This compatible with your teaching and nonduality? To me This makes sence, although all is one at its final analysis. 

No, sorry. It is not compatible with my personal understanding of nonduality.
From what I understand from your post, you are trying to validate your cosmology.
If you don't free yourself from assumptions of what reality is, you cannot see it properly. Reality simply is.
There is no understanding of it other than raw awe. It cannot be explained with a story.

Why do you need to explain us? Why do we need to be transcendent beings that cannot 'expire'?
This wordy chain of cause and effect is ego talk. You should contemplate its importance to process your emotions, but it is not the answer.

At least I think so, while I produce this story.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Of course you are right Markus! Of course we have personalities and of course everyone have their own unique skills that they can develop. That has everything to do with non duality. What non duality tries to point to is that you are the one seeing all this. 

You experience all this but that is not your identity. 

This is very very easy to understand if you have interest in this. 

On the other hand: This understanding does not help if you don't experience that you are "not that". You have to experience it, aka Being. 

It seems like meditation is a big part of this transition to fully understand and live as being.

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

I know, the unchanging is the atman. Atman is always the same as Brahman aka the same infinite and impersonal consciousness. 

But your particular atman improves according to your accumulated life experiences and work, your potential for compassion for exemple grows accordingly. (Individuality) 

But "your" consciousness stays the same, as it does for all others. We are never anything other Then the same impersonal infinite consciousness, all Altmans=Brahman aka nonduality(all is one) 

you see what I'm saying here? 

Atman as unchanging, eternal, with no beginning and no end, all pervading, infinite and already perfect, could not possibly improve and grow (it's unchanging). What we call growth and improvement is actually a shedding of mind blockages, unhelpful programs, beliefs, habits, negativity and so on. Whatever bothers you in the moment is the immediate obstacle that prevents you from being your infinite nature. 

@MarkusSweden forget names and concepts. It’s all about knowing yourself as the source - unmanifested - infinite nothingness - formlesness. You consciosness are the door between manifested and unmanifested yet you are one with both. 

Edited by egoless

Your individuality, post-awakening, will be grounded in being the entire universe. You can't get more unique and individual than that! But that includes every atom and every other living being that has ever existed or will ever exist.

Your little ego will dissolve as if it never existed, and then "you" will just be the universe.

What you experienced there on mushrooms was a step in the right direction, but still far shy of total nonduality, at which point even the thought or memory of ever being an ego makes no sense any more. You become so universal that there is no difference between living and dying as a body.

In total nonduality it makes no sense to even ask the question, "Where will I go after I die?" Because you are forever infinite and cannot die.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.