HotSauce123

I've started a company and I'm crazy excited and scared

11 posts in this topic

I've never had the courage to quit my job and work full time on a previous side project until now. I was working on my app, Mindset, on the side whilst I work full time at a clinical psych firm but I wasn't feeling passionate about my job and saw Mindset as a way that I could create more value within the world. I just wanted to make this post to say that I'm the most happy, but also scared, that I've been in a long time and for anyone who is still putting their passions to the side, I highly suggest you rethink about chasing them. You won't regret trying and failing, and it feels really good working on something you truly care about.

For those interested, Mindset is an app which uses hypnosis to retrain the subconscious thoughts limiting your self-development. I'd love any feedback at all since I'm still really new and have a lot to learn!

@HotSauce123 respect! I really can't wait to pursue my passion and make it my full time. I only have some family restriction that I can't risk anything for now. But the plan is in the making.

Will definitely check your app!

Wishing you the best in your journey.

@Amer Thanks! Yeah I'm lucky I don't face those restrictions, I hope you do find a way to figure it out though!

@HotSauce123 You're quitting your job? 

also is the app currently published? 

Edited by Arman

@Arman Yep have quit my job and the app is currently published on the iOS app store!

Have you thought about marketing and eyeballs?

@mohdanas Thanks! @Shroomdoctor It took me around 5 months to build working on it part-time (since was still working full time then). Android version will be down the track but I don't know how to develop andoid apps so won't be for a bit. @dude Nah I haven't really thought much about it so that's what I'm trying to figure out now! If you have any suggestions I'd love them :)

Edited by HotSauce123

54 minutes ago, HotSauce123 said:

@mohdanas Thanks! @Shroomdoctor It took me around 5 months to build working on it part-time (since was still working full time then). Android version will be down the track but I don't know how to develop andoid apps so won't be for a bit. @dude Nah I haven't really thought much about it so that's what I'm trying to figure out now! If you have any suggestions I'd love them :)

I would find answers to to the following questions:

• How am I going to generate income from this product/service?
  • What kind of numbers would I need to hit in order to create sustainable passive income for my lifestyle?
  • How am I going to generate traffic? 
  • Are there other products in my niche that are highly successful? 

If your app cost $5, how many sales would you need to make per day in order to make minimum wage? 

I looked for your app in the appstore but couldn't find anything