Ether

How Would You Live If You Were Awakened?

16 posts in this topic

I would probably have the same life, only that I would enjoy it to the fullest.

Playing videogames...to the fullest.

Enjoying the night...to the fullest.

Making songs...to the fullest.

Being alone...to the fullest.

I wouldn't feel like I'm not living to the fullest ;)

Memento Mori

Just now, Truth said:

I wouldn't feel like I'm not living to the fullest ;)

Well, are you feeling all the emotions to the fullest you can feel?

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Well, are you feeling all the emotions to the fullest you can feel?

Yes! 

28i7ia.jpg

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Just now, Truth said:

Yes! 

You sure you not self-deceiving?

3 minutes ago, Ether said:

You sure you not self-deceiving?

There is no Deception in Truth.

download.png

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Truth Ha, only you can know.

9 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I would quit my f*cking job. I don't think I would want a different job either.

Then do it.

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Well, not sure if I'm ready to become homeless, live under a bridge and all that, but I'm thinking about it.

Wherever you go , you will create same troubles around you. Unless you change your mind , your being; nothing is going to change. 

16 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Wherever you go , you will create same troubles around you. Unless you change your mind , your being; nothing is going to change. 

yeh

16 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Well, not sure if I'm ready to become homeless, live under a bridge and all that, but I'm thinking about it.

But I bet I wont do it so I will suffer in this hell my whole life. And then unfortunately I will get reincarnated for eternity so the suffering will go on and on for eternity. Somebody stop the shit, thanks.

Do you really think one day enlightenment is going to suddently come up in yourself without making any changes to your life? Enlightenment is a progress and you need to put in effort to change things.

22 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

But I bet I wont do it so I will suffer in this hell my whole life. And then unfortunately (the illusion of) I will get reincarnated for eternity so the suffering will go on and on for eternity. Somebody stop the shit, thanks.

Don't look for peace in the outcome of a possible future. 
Look for it in the midst of hell. If you can find it there, you can find it everywhere.
Your job has nothing to do with your suffering. It's really important to understand that. To really be free of that belief. 

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

And also I bet I wont get enlightened anyway, almost nobody gets it. 

It's not that black and white. Even though I might not be enlightened (yet), I'm a million times more happy than I was this time last year. That in itself has already been more than worth it. 

@Ether @Truth @Mikael89 @Prabhaker @DoubleYou Check out the book ‘one thousand names for joy’ where Byron Katie describes her day to day experiences as an enlightened person. It’s amazing! 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I never said that..

Such a radical thing as quitting my job definitely has the risk of my life getting ruined, it's already ruined but it can always get worse.

And also I bet I wont get enlightened anyway, almost nobody gets it. 

Well, you got to take radical risks in life. You dont got to do it now, but do it one day

15 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I would quit my f*cking job. I don't think I would want a different job either.

This is escapism because now you are not doing anything else. You are dropping all your responsibilities. One hour of meditation is enough. It will illuminate your whole life. When you meditate and you go to job, you will know whether you are succeeding in your meditation or not. Do you still get angry when somebody says something against you? Can people still manage to push your buttons as easily as before? In the market-place is the test of all your meditations.

Being either fully immersed in what i'm doing, or acting fully from the observers' view.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

Doing your desires right now, is my third year now, growing every day while Hermiting at what i please :) 

The only effort is: Chaos, Confusion, goes into Stabillity and rewind. Every day is different if you grow, every day is confusion if you grow, and at the end of the day everything makes more sense and clearer.