Shakazulu

Limiting beliefs/upper limiting

12 posts in this topic

Limiting beliefs we are unaware of. Growing up I was overweight, in grade five I was 170 pounds. When I went for check ups at the doctor, my mom would ask the doctor why my penis was small. My doctor would tell her it's because I was developing. My mother would compare me to my older brother stating how when he was younger his penis wasn't small but he was skinny. My mom made my situation a family issue. Everyone in my family knew and they would ask me questions about it. This perception that I was flawed carried through most of my life. Better yet, when I was 12 my sister then caught me masturbating then she told my whole family. My sexuality felt exposed in a sense. I'm now nineteen and I'm looking back like wow, there's a few unhealed stiches 

That's heavy stuff. Will take some deep work to unwire that.

Psychedelics and shamanic breathing might prove very useful for processing that.

With awakening, you will realize you are perfect however you are. So chin up.

Your courage in sharing that is already a big sign of growth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shakazulu be sure to check out this technique. You can reach full enlightenment with it:

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@brovakhiin would you consider book of not knowing or pursuing more consciousness more fundemental 

On 4/17/2018 at 3:46 AM, Shakazulu said:

Limiting beliefs we are unaware of. Growing up I was overweight, in grade five I was 170 pounds. When I went for check ups at the doctor, my mom would ask the doctor why my penis was small. My doctor would tell her it's because I was developing. My mother would compare me to my older brother stating how when he was younger his penis wasn't small but he was skinny. My mom made my situation a family issue. Everyone in my family knew and they would ask me questions about it. This perception that I was flawed carried through most of my life. Better yet, when I was 12 my sister then caught me masturbating then she told my whole family. My sexuality felt exposed in a sense. I'm now nineteen and I'm looking back like wow, there's a few unhealed stiches 

Sorry you had to experience that. That would inflict a lot of hurt I think.

There is likely feelings of guilt and shame buried from those experiences. When we are young and we experience these things, we don't know how to contextualize them and feel we are to blame somehow. Maybe even feeling guilt about the beliefs and trauma that are now a result of it. If that is the case, I hope that you may re-contextualize the past through forgiveness of yourself and others. It's only because of the inherent innocence of the child that he believes what everyone around him tells him, and you were programmed to think that you are not good enough or that there is something wrong with you. Of course, there is nothing wrong with you and you are worthy and wonderful.