AMS

Spirituality Rap

41 posts in this topic

Just now, furashido said:

When writing a track that is detailed and talks about spirituality it almost becomes like a boring guidebook for the listener. It leaves out your personality which is the most important of a listening experience. So when trying to awaken and inspire those who slumber , its a hard sell because it comes of as uninteresting and off putting. 

Those who do understand on the other hand already have that the interest and are already on their path.

The only reason i can see for music with a so detailed narrative is to get the aproval of others on the path, which in turn becomes unneccecary sence there is no need for aproval. 

If your goal is to help others have insights and life changing ephiphanies, then target them as you would a marketing campaign. Understand your listeners. Give them what they want and make it interesting and distable, but place the message there in a subliminal manner to make them use their subconcius rather than the active mind.

Make it non judgemental and share your being so that it comes forward as the prominent base of the music. Make me as a listener trust you and belive your words. 

So, in your recommendation, advertising spirtuality as helping? Is there other ways?

I just ment as masking it. blend it with your personality. Use it in real life examples. for someone who is a sleep, it’s impossible to understand. it needs to be directly applicable and relatable for the listener in a way that they get a sence of relief. Like how would this knowledge be applicable for someone going thru a breakup? Or for someone who feels lost in life? Or a 16 year old kid who is going through depression? 

This is if the goal is to help. In that case it must be digestable on many levels. Those who understand the code salut and those who don’t are subjected to it subconsciously. 

15 minutes ago, furashido said:

I just ment as masking it. blend it with your personality. Use it in real life examples. for someone who is a sleep, it’s impossible to understand. it needs to be directly applicable and relatable for the listener in a way that they get a sence of relief. Like how would this knowledge be applicable for someone going thru a breakup? Or for someone who feels lost in life? Or a 16 year old kid who is going through depression? 

This is if the goal is to help. In that case it must be digestable on many levels. Those who understand the code salut and those who don’t are subjected to it subconsciously. 

I was the 16 year old kid going through depression :) 

Your energy is a bit angry. It doesn't fit theme of the song. I think you should switch your flow for one that sounds a bit more like spoken word poetry. Check out Jonwayne he is doing it right.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Spiritual rapper XXXTENTANCION is dead! ☹️

Killed tonight in a red area(refering to spiral dynamics) in Miami.

Rest in Peace you Beautiful soul!!!

:x

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

Killed tonight in a blue area(refering to spiral dynamics) in Miami.

He hit a lot of women, im not sure if he is a beautiful soul by definition haha

@MarkusSweden

Havent heard of him/them, will look it up

Wouldnt shooting someone in a robbery be considered Red? What do you mean by Blue area? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

13 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@MarkusSweden

Havent heard of him/them, will look it up

Wouldnt shooting someone in a robbery be considered Red? What do you mean by Blue area? 

You're right, I mean red of Course, we have talked so much about blue at This forum lately so I write blue out of habit even though I mean Red! ?

I'll change it..

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Ether Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow

Dont look at me! Look inside!

9 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Killed tonight in a red area(refering to spiral dynamics) in Miami.

He is a beautiful being. But that soul will continue its work. Like we all have to. He did his share of misstakes, but he also evolved rapidly at the end. When we come to acceptance of the karmic cycle and decide to pay our dept, we sence that our time here is coming an end, just like he knew his time was coming to an end.

@Ether you should check his music out if you havn't. His 2 last records were mostly focused on helping those with depression.

Edited by furashido

On 6/20/2018 at 3:14 AM, furashido said:

its possible that a song focused on spiritual viewpoints is a hard sell if its too detailed. For an averege listener who is asleep it might become off putting and uninteresting since the spiritualty and factual part is its main focus in a way.

Those who do understand on the other hand already have that the interest and are already on their path.

The only reason i can see for music with a so detailed narrative is to get the aproval of others on the path, which in turn becomes unneccecary sence there is no need for aproval. 

If your goal is to help others have insights and life changing ephiphanies, then target them as you would a marketing campaign. Understand your listeners. Give them what they want and make it interesting and distable, but place the message there in a subliminal manner to make them use their subconcius rather than the active mind.

Make it non judgemental and share your being so that it comes forward as the prominent base of the music. Make me as a listener trust you and belive your words. 

Also, i loved Promised land. Did you make the beat Ams?

Hey @furashido thanks for the in-depth reply, I really appreciate it!  I totally get where you are coming from and most of my other tracks have more worldly themes which are then blended in with a spiritual message (such as the need for self-love in relationships, or attachments to romance, or addiction, nutrition etc etc).  Still a higher level of consciousness would be required to understand those themes as well but with Promised Land I just went all out, understanding it is rather niche but still wanting to make it anyway out of passion and also I believe it could potentially help someone along who is already sort of on the path with solidifying conceptual understanding and also just serving as motivation.  You make a good point about relatability but at the same time I don't have desire to tone it down all that much even if it means less of an audience.

The backing track was not produced by me but i did hunt for something suitable which took effort, looking through chillstep tracks that are minimal enough to rap over.  It is Glxy - Searching You.  Sets a great vibe imo too.

@furashido

Hey guys,

Just wanna leave with you another rap (real happy with this one).  Once again it is a deep topic so I think you can resonate with it and it could serve as some motivation because it is a hard path.  Quite an emotional tone to it.  Lyrics below.

Much love!

Ya, I’m trying to let go
but this neediness has got me seeking lust like a chode
and these hedonistic tendencies they come and they go
but they won’t ever let me be fulfilled or free, now i know
but   I won’t ever call it quits, nah I just keep on truckin’ cutting habits bit by bit, still on paper I’m flunking, I’m fucking sick of this shit, i’m handicapped coz I’m sick, and it’s a mish coz this fish insists to swim opposite
from the rest of it’s school, coz all those lysergic hits have been unwiring the mess that schooling did to this kid, this bit of mind programming, we’re made up of bits, but there’s a glitch in the system, existence doesn’t exist, it’s shit, it’s hard work when you roll up your sleeves, shining light on the darkness be the greatest of fees, but my eye’s on the prize so Ima handling deeds and my mind be real tight, I put it on the squeeze.  I’m squeezing drops of Jupiter, the cosmos hold truth, but the truth is in fact that the cosmos are you, but you’ll shoo this away, you’re too deluded and fake, and all this deep thinking aches becoz your mind be getting raped so just sub, sub, sub, submit, it’s time to let go, and it’s time to get lit, a potent trip makes you grow, you won’t know what you don’t till you face the unknown, can only hope that you’ll cope if you’re out of the flow.

I got jars full of buds and bars, emotional cuts turn scars as chakras open up, profound and large are my words, still we empty our cups, I’m speaking fast so I think it’s time you keep the fuck up, here we’re sharpening swords, we’re stripping down to our cores, you ain’t taught this at school but you can work on your flaws, I’m going deep out of spacetime, I just wanna explore, I won’t be free till i see this void is me and nothing more

but am I sure that I still wanna go? a good psychonaut knows he won’t return to his bros, he hopes tones of the universe will strike the right note, his mind gets blown as the universe just simply implodes
he grows, he’s on his own but that’s a feature, not a woe, his ego goes, it slits it’s throat, as it’s delusions gets uncloaked, emotions get evoked as he defeats his foes and he knows death is just a concept, he’s casper the friendly ghost

Yeah I know it be tough, and you be putting in this work but it’s still never enough, it’s rough, it’s fucked, you’re done with it, done making a fuss, but there’s no real good alternative when you go far enough, you see, every move you make is just a means to this end, to be content in your skin with no real need to defend, but your frame needs to bend coz there’s no end to this gem, the gem is the journey itself, the skin and the frame need to blend

@AMS

Very good! 

So much mediocrity is going on around us, it's nice when something good come along. 

Great flow and lyrics. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no?