phoenix666

what's up with chakras and what does it feel like when they open?

38 posts in this topic

@Torkys hahaha yes, I just need a pinch of trust in order to even try and go through the techniques and to stay on this path xD but I'm not trusting blindly, I think....every time I experience some of the more 'wacky' things I'm like oh shit, this is actually real. it's actually a thing. OMG xD 

whatever arises, love that

33 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

oh shit, this is actually real. it's actually a thing. OMG xD 

This has been me over the past four months ?

Chakras are really cool and you can learn exercises to open them or maintain a healthy state. To be fair it might take a while to get used to them or learn more, but it will be so worth it because energy work really releases emotional issues

@Charlotte hehe I'm curious to what's coming next. who knows :D what did you experience that made you feel this way? (if you want to share)

@YaNanNallari yeah, I'm still struggling with all this chakra and energy stuff.. xD I've always considered myself a rather open-minded person. apparently a was/am a very serious case of materialist. but I'm working on it.

yeah thanks, I will. I hope that Kriya Yoga will introduce me to those things a bit more. I actually felt something in my belly during the last session. right there where the 3rd chakra should be.. 

@phoenix666 Open mindedness is might be learned the hard way, from mistakes and being wrong and also by facing own emotions and arrogance. Some people that talk about open mindedness set a camp at a comfortable level of open mindedness by becoming insecure. You will settle on something and see how it goes

Over simplified but enjoyable nonetheless :P

@phoenix666 I think the so-called opening of chakras is a bit of a misconception. It's not like they're literally closed and then you open them. According to the yogic system the body has 7 main chakras and 72,000 nadis. Chakras are quite simply energy nexuses, where nadis come together. You can notice them becoming active when you're purging energetic blockages. Blockages can exist anywhere in the vast system of channels. When they get triggered or worked on you can feel pain and contraction in chakras centres, and when they're released you can experience something akin to an opening in a chakra, accompanied by feeling of release, bliss, etc. But those experiences can happen again and again. As long as there are any blockages left you can't really say a chakra is "open" because there's still more karma to be worked out.

@Keanu hahah thanks, now this was incredibly sweet. I've gotta try that onion banana juice. xD

@Markus oh, I think I get it. it's like an ongoing process. it's like I imagine enlightenment to be as well. it's not that you have an awakening and then you're enlightened. you awaken right here and there in every moment..

Edited by phoenix666

@YaNanNallari I think I'm quite open minded..but I can see how there is plenty to come and to open myself up to. I try to become aware of those insecurities that are still haunting me

Edited by phoenix666

2 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

@Markus oh, I think I get it. it's like an ongoing process. it's like I imagine enlightenment to be as well. it's not that you have an awakening and then you're enlighten. you awaken right here and there in every moment..

I wouldn't say every moment, but experiences do repeat themselves, though as a general trend on a deeper level, possibly with less flashiness and more clarity. There's plenty of people who (hopefully) temporarily or long-term end up thinking they're now enlightened, after having an awakening. I've done that nonsense myself multiple times. Some of them teach. Just because someone has an experience of emptiness or god & bliss doesn't mean they're actually enlightened to the point where there's nowhere to go though. Neo-advaitans fall commonly into this trap, for example people like Tony Parsons, who have an awakening and then master the non-dual philosophy of "there's nobody there and there's nothing to do". They're quite mistaken though since they still have a massive amount of blockages and karma - certain fears, attachments, and aversions. Only after the eradication of that can one have complete clarity and be outside the dream, most are just "woke" inside it. A bit of a tangent here but I think this is a helpful thing to keep in mind :) 

Edited by Markus

@Markus that's what I feel as well, that experiences keep coming again and again, kind of like a spiral that keeps repeating in slight variations and becoming deeper each time. 

I can see how one can easily forget that.. I guess that's why grounding is so important. :)

just for curiosity, what do you mean by 'karma'? it's a bit confusing to me, as people seem to use it in different circumstances and contexts.:$

@phoenix666 I know right! 

Oh it's too much info to type, I'll end up boring you ? quick description though, so much love, like it felt like I was just love, nothing else. 

Also movements and stuff during meditation. 

@Charlotte oh don't worry, this stuff could never bore me-_- 

beautiful! I've felt that too, but it was during a trip. love was just pouring out of me, surrounding me <3 

things just keep surprising me. that materialist paradigm seems to be pretty strong xD

4 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

@Markus that's what I feel as well, that experiences keep coming again and again, kind of like a spiral that keeps repeating in slight variations and becoming deeper each time. 

I can see how one can easily forget that.. I guess that's why grounding is so important. :)

just for curiosity, what do you mean by 'karma'? it's a bit confusing to me, as people seem to use it in different circumstances and contexts.:$

Well in the wide definition karma means action, and actions have consequences which are called karmic seeds. Certain kinds of karma are inevitable, just laws of nature. The specific karma I'm talking is basically the ego - all the energetic blockages in your system. One of the core ones in existential fear of the unknown, which then manifests many many others - fears, attachments, dislikes, etc.

And yes, self-honesty and grounding is very important. If anything can make you suffer, if you get triggered by stuff, if you behave in a selfish manner - there's still blockages left. People at non-dual states of consciousness may distinguish between ego and ego structure and say questionable things they do are fine because they aren't identifying, but that's nonsense. All that stuff has to fall away for true liberation.

@Markus oh, I see. so I need to become aware of those blockages. I have many of them, I know.. I've faced some of them, but maybe once is not enough. what I learned through direct experience, is that as soon as I become aware of those blockages -fears, attachment, dislikes- they seem to become weaker. like admitting 'oh, I still fear being labeled as weird' or 'oh, I'm still very attached to knowledge, I'm afraid of losing my mind and rationality' is actually taking away some of its power.

I do, I do.. much less than a year ago, or even some months ago, but still. 

thank you for your explanations! very insightful <3

The chakras are the foundation of the body that are located at the level of endoctrine glands.

The society teach us through religion and school to focus only on one chakra, that is the indigo/ajna/3rd eye. 

Doing this we see reality only limited, 4-10% of the whole. 

Going with the attention to the opposite parts of the body, 1st chakra/red/serpent/dragon/rabbit hole etc, we open the door to the other 90% of reality.

It is a process, because we are atrophied in our body. The entire opening of reality cannot be done in days or weeks nor instant, why? Because the energy of the dormant kundalini can kill you, literally or go insane if you stick to the mind. Insane people are just those who are lost in the mind and have opened the gates of hell/kundalini/1st chakra. 

<3