Angelo John Gage

60k a Year freelance coding skills.

7 posts in this topic

Below is a Link to Codeacamedy which offers a 2.5 month course for only $199 that will give you the skills to make an average of 60k a year as a freelancer coder to me.

I just started it a two months ago and I am almost done. I have taken my time as well; you can go at your own pace. They have slack channel with other students in the room and also a direct live chat with instructors in each section. It also has some projects in which you have to submit by certain deadlines for them to review and give you feedback, but give you two weeks grace period.

I learned really fast and its very cool to know this stuff I think in a day and age of digital technology. I know there are "free" websites and programs out there but for me, I need a program to follow in order to get things done in a timely fashion. 

I'm not selling this to anyone, there is no referral link as you can see no "ref" on the link I just think its good to know this stuff and its not hard once you learn the language. 

Classes start April 10 and enrolled ends the 9th.

https://www.codecademy.com/pro/intensive/build-websites-from-scratch

WebsiteDev.JPG

Edited by Angelo John Gage
spelling

So after the course you are prepared to work that kind of job for a company?

After the course you will have the skills to freelance, essentially doing work on your own. Not sure if a company would just hire you without a degree; we know how that scam works these days. 

You can probably get a job as programmer if you do programming fulltime for 3 months and either focus on frontend or backend. In the programming game a degree is not that important to get a job. If you want to grow within a company a degree might be a must. But if you can show you have some solid projects under your belt you can get a job.

On 31.03.2018 at 2:49 PM, Angelo John Gage said:

I know there are "free" websites

Codecademy used to be a free one. :D Build a following releasing a "free" unpolished product, then sell the finished version, great marketing tactic.

If someone is really keen on starting a path of becoming programmer, then after you have finished your courses, you can get some first experience doing real projects for people on Fiverr and Upwork. But don't expect a high salary there, unless you know what you are doing.

And if someone is undecided on whether it's a good idea, or a not-so-good one, to become a coder, then I recommend reading discussions on fastlane forum, they are goldmine of practical infromation and concepts: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/pages/learn-to-code/

I'm a full time freelance since 3 years now, all my good client are local, there is a big competition online, many people from India, Pakistan..etc charge x20 times less than the real price

A freelancer can make millions or 0$, it's not stable and it depend a lot on your technique and personality.  

@Angelo John Gage How would you freelance? I have one semester of Computer Science degree pending. Can I do stuff? How?

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --