Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

Hell-realms

10 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura you mentioned in a previous post that hell-realms are a true phenomenon experienced by shamans. Could you please give more information on how to experience it. Btw, I intend to use it to grow myself, not for torturing purposes. Thanks. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I would really like to hear this as well, plus I made a post for topic request for that. 

Egoity of mind is the hell realm, self obsession, bodily confusion, fear of surrender.

Careful what you wish for. Degrees of suffering are possible the likes of which your mind cannot conceive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It is a very drastic and deep awakening further in the body/mind. 

Yes, it is full of pain, physically, drama, daydreaming nightmares of your own shit from the past.

During the experience of apparent panic attacks or withdrawal, take in mind that when you experience this is when you grow the most. 

An example will be a blocked chakra, one maybe will experience insecurity, dark night of the soul, heavy literal pain or ghost-bumps, stress maybe in a limb, heavy itching, twitching. Maybe you start feeling, hearing, seeing all the drama related to that part of the body. 

Very unpleasant experience but at the same time you grow, and what is left is eternal bliss after and again when you grow and so on. 

The awakened one will experience many many hell experiences, as the whole nervous system and Kundalini re-routes every moment to a more complex way. As you scramble the 5 towers of the body like rocks in a polishing machine. 

Path to enlightenment is full of battles, prepare to be amazed, even if you have a hell experience, is worth it. 

Namaste, Mfks!

@How to be wise I suspect that psychedelics will get the job done, at the very least. I'm skeptical that there would be some ultra super secret ritual that's going to guarantee that you will "experiencing hell", but wouldn't it be cool if there was (provided the ritual didn't involve mutilating and severely damaging your body or some other shit).

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Careful what you wish for. Degrees of suffering are possible the likes of which your mind cannot conceive.

Now I’m even more interested. How do you experience it? Name the psychedelic. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The main "problem" here is the term forever. If the soul form has some of the human features even the most cruel tortures after some time become obsolete because you get used to and the realm itself loses its purpose so has to change form. I think that nothing last forever although from a human perspective it might look like it is. 

Yeah, if it begins, it ends and enlightenment is not about beginning and ending.

I know a teacher who spend from a young age doing a lot of meditation, for decades.

He become really really good at tuning into 'peace, bliss, God, love' etc.

He thought he was awake.

Then at some point, it was as if he was almost swallowed by a black hole, and there were seemingly none of these blissful qualities there, he sensed death, and he become terrified.

He lost all hope in spirituality, in all gurus, he was a mess, and had to hold onto to his chair at night so he wouldn't kill himself.

How could that be?

Well, what happened, he had build up a really subtle ego, and he could experience blissful things at will.

But it was still his bliss, his God, his emptiness. And he always, which also troubled him deeply at the end, got back to his egoic self, still with subtle arrogance, fear etc.

He explained it that he didn't want to be truly still, he did not want to give up his thinking, and he put his attention on formlessness, he still was moving away from himself, moving chasing 'heavenly' experience, and ended up in hell.

So enlightenment, freedom, is not about heaven or hell, in fact, both are there to help you to let go of false self.

And then everything is heaven because it's all a gift then to simply be enjoyed and your totally free from it.

-

Personally I've experienced something quite hellish on mushrooms, which seemed like forever, and I thought it would at the time, and it was horrible at times (it shifted from 'this is TERRIBLE', to 'whatever it's fine' (when I came closer to stillness) (I've already had been practicing meditation/self-inquiry for a few years, surely if I hadn't, the panic and despair of being seemingly 'tortured' like that would have been much much greater).

But getting out of it, you see it for what it was, your confused mind, and you see it really only appeared bad.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice