vanish

Self-Improvement VS Self-Destruction

44 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2018 at 11:19 PM, Truth said:

ahhh yes, I have the book on audible and the comic :) love it. 

Nice... hehehe... cool comic really. Alan Moore is good.

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

You’ve set yourself up in a False-Choice Fallacy situation.  There’s a third option called Enlightenment.   Be careful with this either-or way of thinking.  Sometimes it works, but in this case it doesn’t.  You’re gonna set yourself up in a trap.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think the self is never destroyed. It just discovers that it wasn't what it thought it was. 

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

This thread should be looked, OP is probably not alive anymore. He was nice and clever, but unfortunately depressed. Mods should consider to remove his contents so that he not inspire others to do what OP did.. :( 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

3 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

OP is probably not alive anymore. 

How do you know that? Did he mentioned something before?

Oh, Ok... I found his post. Sad.

I hope he didn't do anything wrong.

:(

Hopefully we was just an alt-account troll, he had very few posts... and they were all pretty out there.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

Oh, Ok... I found his post. Sad.

I hope he didn't do anything wrong.

He shot himself like 12 hours ago. That's why I think mods should remove his contents since it can inspire others, and that's not good! 

Please, take responsibility! This is the most alarming thing I've seen here. This community shouldn't be associate with suicide of any kind. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Hopefully we was just an alt-account troll, he had very few posts... and they were all pretty out there.

Kanske, men oavsett, jag tycker inte att sånt material ska vara kvar på ett självhjälpsforum där vissa kanske är lite instabila. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

54 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

He shot himself like 12 hours ago. That's why I think mods should remove his contents since it can inspire others, and that's not good! 

Please, take responsibility! This is the most alarming thing I've seen here. This community shouldn't be associate with suicide of any kind. 

Omg! So sad... really bad news.

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@MarkusSweden Where’d you see that he did shoot himself? 

He said that in his other thread "killing myself", he prepared with music and elaborate on his parents reaction when they will find him. Seem like he made up his mind. And he hasn't been online since he posted that thread.. :( 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Maybe it didn't happen. Who knows?

Yeah, better to not brew up a shitstorm, we can never know for sure, only speculate, god knows we love that...

Edited by Rilles
missed a word

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

@MarkusSweden So what's happened in your life since you jacked all over your Mom? (or was it satire?)

Yeah, I though the whole thread was satire, so I participate with my own made up contribution. But unfortunately it wasn't satire I guess. And now he is most likely gone.. 

We must raise a warning to young people that spirituality can be dangerous if combined with mental illness. We already had John Flores in the past, and now this "Vanish" guy. 

It's depressing to see how some people think suicide is a way out of duality and into timeless being. 

That's NOT how it works. That's a shortcut, and shortcuts don't lead anywhere. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden What is dangerous is not spirituality. 

I think he was a banned former user, aiming to give grief to Leo, utilizing his terminology of physical death as a means. 

Also, his user name was chosen before interaction on the forum, revealing an intention, if true, that was preexisting. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@MarkusSweden What is dangerous is not spirituality. 

I think he was a banned former user, aiming to give grief to Leo, utilizing his terminology of physical death as a means. 

Also, his user name was chosen before interaction on the forum, revealing an intention, if true, that was preexisting. 

You're right! 

But we should be aware of this behaviour for the future. Threads that suggest suicide shouldn't be exposed here at all. It doesn't give the forum the vibe we like it to have. 

As you said, his decision had nothing to do with spirituality or this forum. He made his mind up independently of spiritual teaching or actualised.org. 

Tragic anyway. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

When I saw the thread in the beginning I thought he was talking about "annihilation" of the ego. Self-destruction in the sense of destroying the ego.

Now I understand after reading his other thread that he wasn't talking about that.

Here he was talking about with a different meaning: