WildeChilde

Ideas for Leo's Upcoming Tour

11 posts in this topic

Leo made a post a few months ago talking about how he’s wanting to go on tour at some point in the near future.  He wants to start nearby, which is totally understandable, but the issue here is his fan base is literally spread out across the globe.  Let’s think of some ways he can draw larger crowds and make some money during his events.  Here's a few:

Host With w/ Other YouTubers- If he goes to L.A. for example, he and Koi Fresco could host an event together.

Books- Leo has an upcoming book, so he could release them there early and sell autographed copies.

Discounts- He could offer temporary discount codes for his book list and life purpose course.

T Shirts/Stickers/Hats-  We love these things in America.  Where I live especially, people will donate a pint of their own blood for a sticker to proves it.  If it has a neat design or logo on it too, they’re going to sell out.  

and of course…

Selfies w/ Fans- It’s always fun to take pictures with someone you admire.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

1 hour ago, WildeChilde said:

Let’s think of some ways he can draw larger crowds and make some money

Making money isn’t the goal 

Host With w/ Other YouTubers

This would turn to an over-glorified fan meet up

Books- Leo has an upcoming book, so he could release them there early and sell autographed

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I recall Leo saying not too long ago that his book is nowhere near done and that it might take years 

T Shirts/Stickers/Hats-

What’s up with almost every YouTuber selling “Merch”? The fact that Leo doesn’t plaster his logo on t-shirts to sell is what makes him genuine

Selfies w/ Fans- It’s always fun to take pictures with someone you admire.

Leo is introverted, I doubt he’s ever going to advertise “selfies” as a selling point for his event 

Look......I’m not trying to bust your chops, but everything you said is the complete opposite of what this stuff is all about.  In my personal opinion, and you’re free to disagree, the atmosphere should feel like a Ted event. You go in, be mature, sit, listen, and take notes. Not taking selfies, buying merch, getting coupons, etc. 

Edited by Alii

In my opinion Leo has nothing to do with other personal development teachers.  His approach is totally unique.  I think it waters down his brand to partner with other teachers.  Meeting in Vegas seems to be the best first choice.  Keep it simple.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think the best way for Leo to make money is to do a LP 2 course titled “putting the rubber to the road” designed for people transitioning to their life purpose as a career.  A course that actually guides me through that process of career transition.  I’m gonna do it anyway — but I just see that this is a course that would actually be valuable to me.  It could help nudge me along better than I will do otherwise.  What’s great about this is that this LP career transition is something that Leo actually did himself — so it wouldn’t be talking out of one’s ass, it would be real deal guidance coming from someone who did it!  That’s an idea for Leo if he’s looking to make some money plus continue to help people enormously.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Alii I respect your opinion Alii and you're free to bust my chops; I actually agree with a lot of your comments.  Ideally, his tour would be filled with the people on this forum and others who are serious about personal development.  However, especially considering the United States,  we are talking about a very small minority of people who are already interested in genuine spirituality, shadow work, psychedelics, conscious living, etc.  

Leo's true fans are, like I said before, spread out across the world.  If only a handful are able to show up to each location, Leo might get discouraged and think twice about doing it again.  I know these things sound kitsch (autographs, t-shirts, selfies, etc.), but I also know they work to draw in crowds.  Why?  Because I used to tour myself.  I was in a band, so the type of events are a little different, but similar principles can be applied.  I'm an introvert myself (ISFP), but if I could make a fan's day simply by taking a picture with them, I'm going to do it.  

The more people he can get to his events, the more lives he can potentially change.  We'll still be able to meet him, but we should allow others the chance to learn from him as well.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

To be honest I don't think the tour is a good idea in the first place especially because his viewers are across the globe. If there is a video released it will have the exact same value especially because Leo is so active in the forums and in the YT comment section. A way better idea would be to host retreats.

It would be win-win for everybody. People who are dedicated could fly in, leo would literally get paid doing things he would do anyways + the talks he would give would now be in the context of practice instead of theoretical knowledge.

Seems like such an obvious idea which is why I think that he has specific reasons not to do this...but a man can dream

@Aimblack That's a good point really.  Overall, I wish Leo would try something new to engage and involve his listeners.  Even something simple like Skype consultations would be fine.  He could charge for half-hour sessions and help people that way.  Like you said, he's pretty active here and on YouTube with communication, but being able to see and hear somebody adds another dynamic that could help Leo better understand what's going on.  

@WildeChilde The only problem with that would be logistics, He would have to make the price something crazy so that not too many people would be interested and it would be worth his time otherwise he could fill up his entire day doing skype consultations and still be behind schedule.