Betterself

Keeping the Enlightened state?

11 posts in this topic

This morning I had my first enlightenment experience, realizing that everything is made out of the same kind of consciousnesses, that everything is me and that my ego just like everything else is an illusion. Also meditation became effortless. I passed Leos checklist for being enlightened on one of his posts on the forum.

During the day however, the higher consciousnesses has worn off a lot, and at some points being forgotten completely. What tips do you have for maintaining it? I currently do "do nothing" meditation for 15 minutes every morning, should I maybe add self inquiry into the daily routine?

Much love

@Betterself That's very very common. I've had that too.

The reason is goes away is because the enlightenment needs to be deep enough and total enough so that your mind understands the mechanism of the illusion. What is really going on? That's usually not clear after one glimpse. Many glimpses may be required because the materialist/dualist paradigm sits very deep in the mind. It's like your operating system, and it needs rewiring.

Also, the Truth itself needs to be distinguished from the exciting experience or the emotional after-effects. There is a difference between mystical states and insight.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I do believe that I understands its mechanism, consciousness just playing a show, by necessity being experienced. One thing that surprised me however is that I got no painful ego death, I just became "it" all of a sudden, without any suffering. Maybe I surrendered fully or my experience was not deep enough for my ego to fully die, the only negative feeling associated with the experience came from the realization that I in a sense am alone. I still feel a lot happier after the experience, a lot of burden being taken off my shoulders, now I can just enjoy the show :) Also I'm really excited for having a psychedelic experience in this state if it lasts :D 

@Betterself It doesn't have to be painful. Sounds like you've read too many trip reports or people struggling on the path.

There is also the question of depth. How deep did you go? Probably not very deep. The deeper levels may prove more challenging.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I already know my true nature. Thing is when I get into emotional situation or very complicated experience my true nature becomes overshadowed by it and temporarily I identify with the experience or emotion again. So I can't really tell whether I am Enlightened or not yet. But I definitely became conscious of my true nature in the past - Entirely. So I don't really think it is set in stone whether Enlightenment happens once and for all or whether it is gradual process.

Yes you must fully immerse yourself in the nature of what you truly want to experience in life. The more you surrender to things like enlightenment, unconditional love, freedom, peace, happiness, joy ect.. the higher you vibration, the more you embody that consciousness. Eventually you will reach certain barriers once broken through, remains a much more permanent state as you now don't just have the 'knowing' but the 'understanding' on a universal level.

B R E A T H E

@Betterself These questions will start to fade away the deeper it goes. They are the distortion not that the state of enlightenment changes. Surrender to whatever state you are in and then the state will become permanent.

You should watch some adyshanti videos. He always talks about how the ego always try’s to chase after spiritual experiences after they occur. 

Take this in mind: We are atrophied, muscles, joints, neural pathways, all this in a physical way. Because we limited the body/mind to only some ideals or ways of being. 

Now shutter the old blueprint of the ideas and you will start feeling pain, horrific pain in some cases. Continue in that pain, because the body/mind will recalibrate the re flow of energy in the system. Enlightenment is reaching a state peak within oneself when you start re owning the state in which you should have grown naturally. So the process is painful at first and as like any other feeling of extreme pain, joy will arise. In a sense is like growing as a child to adulthood, you feel the growth, sometimes is pain and heaviness, sometimes is bliss and joyfulness. The coping mechanism is to identify the growth and enjoy every part of it.

Namaste, Mfks!