Dino D

Leos guided meditation, I need more? :)

13 posts in this topic

Two years ago i hade a glimps of no self, of the truth it was 3-4 seconds. It was from Leos guided meditation, and one of the most incredibile ,,evants" in my life, :

I listened to this meditation 10 more times trought the year, two times it brought up some anxiety and faiting like state (a begining of a entrance in a no self state (I think). Now the meditation is not working, I cant ,,go back" or evan deeper... I know that a part of me is loging for repeting the experience but I'm trying not too... When i experienced it I was scared, and radicaly shochet that I'm littelary nothing, I wasnt ready so the ,,state" lasted very short... now I would love to feel that againg, I would evan love the fear and what not, its so amazing and interesting but that ,,nothingness isnt happening anymore"

However, does anybody have a suggestion witch guided meditation to listen? Leo if you read this, maybe you have some other guided meditations?

Ps. Ruper Spira is one of my favourites, but his guided meditation are very bad for me, and not working at all (the ones on youtube), it's much like just talking or explaining the same stuff like in ,,normal" videos just slower... Here is the question, he has also some guided meditations on his website that are for sale, did anybody buy those, and are the different from those that are free on youtube? (are the worth buying)

Also the obsticle that keeps me from ,,going to the other side" with this meditation or with any meditation that i do is this:

When I did this for the first time  I just started this path, I didnt really understand it evan intelectualy, I understud it a lot, but the no self part wasnt in my understanding then and i coundt really get it what that no ego state is, or awarness and so on (i read eckart tolle at this time, outspansky, had one mdma experience and so on), this guided meditation or better say inquiry gave me the answer witch i didnt know, i experienced it, then i know it...

So i listened to Leos guided video, and really did search with all my attentin for my self, I also did everything what he said as strong and passionate as i could, and then, at the end of the guided part, (maybe the last 15 sec of the guided part) it started, i suddenly found my self, and it was nothing to find, but i found that nothing, you cant explain that, how can you find nothing, every day i can go and serch something and dont find it, but when you get that nothing, its like finding a thing but the thing is now --THE NOTHING--, not like you really didnt found nothing, because u found the real nothing (paradox, isnt it), and the room started expanding, i felt ligh or light like nothing and some other side stuff, stil my mind and worked and I wasnt my mind at at all, there was no difference betwen body, mind, wall because i wasnt that, i Wast nothing and that nothing was atctually in everything, like the body is made of nothing but its like nothing is a kind of material that is stil nothing as much nothing can get, then my mind started anallyzing it, and i got pulled back, I also was scared and schocked because before I Imagined it to be like love, light, bliss, something beautifull, but not nothing, a part of me (the ego) was disappointed... I was scared and it was so radical and a shock! a big shock! Also i needed a lot of time so i could fully understand what it was and how it was...

Here is the obsticle, NOW i know what I am, (no i dont know, that was to little and not comparable what Leo or you guys experienced) and when I meditate or listen to this guide i know what awaits me, i know what I ,,search for" how it ,,feels" i want it, and i also try not to expect, not to search, not to await, but it's not working... The first time i searched for something and nothing came by it self, now (evan if i try not to) i search for nothing, and i only find the body mind senzations, it try not to serach and a lot other thing, but it aint working

For me, seeking a place I deem as "good" is part of the character self dynamic. Seeking a "spiritual" space through meditation is the same self dynamic as seeking higher income, seeking control, seeking a girlfriend etc. . . 

omg i had the.exact.same.experience. Leos meditation (im guessing your talking about the do-nothing one?), the first time i did it was INCREDIBLE, i felt spaceless-ness and i cant quite explain it properly. I returned to do it again but it didnt work again, i was so agitated and monkey mind everywhere. Maybe just practice? i dont think 10 times is enough to decide wether its "working"

28 minutes ago, moon777light said:

omg i had the.exact.same.experience. Leos meditation (im guessing your talking about the do-nothing one?), the first time i did it was INCREDIBLE, i felt spaceless-ness and i cant quite explain it properly. I returned to do it again but it didnt work again, i was so agitated and monkey mind everywhere. Maybe just practice? i dont think 10 times is enough to decide wether its "working"

Its the one I posted (Enlightenment - Part 3 - Creating An Experience Of No-Self), maybe you dont see the link, I dont know...

Yes, I dont practice often, at the time i experienced this I practiced much more, i did also the wim hof metod (deep breathing, meditation and yoga) and I got such crazy insomnia (two years ago) that is still with me... But it seams i have to do it againg :D

His guided meditetion still works, I get lighter and in a meditative state, but its not evan close to the no self realization state, I dont know if I would do the same guided meditation every day, maybe, but as I explained, now that i know the answer asking the question and searching makes  no seanse somehow... 

Doing this meditation I become conscious of all of my body, I could even feel the blood flowing through my veins. It was mind blowing.

I did it several times after that but I couldn't repeat the experience. Anyway is one of my favorites meditation techniques.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

Doing this meditation I become conscious of all of my body, I could even feel the blood flowing through my veins. It was mind blowing.

I did it several times after that but I couldn't repeat the experience. Anyway is one of my favorites meditation techniques.

Some principles from it: going to your body, trought every parts, few times, confuses the sense of I, especially the one located in the head, if you mindfully rest your attention in your feets, hands, belly, then the sense of the I n the head or in the cheast weakends

2. imagine your past and then ,,erasing it" and imagine that it doesnt not exist, then the same with the future,, brings you into the now much stronger

3. deep breathnig relaxes you further

the stronger you do that, deep breathing, going trought body parsts, and trying to forget your identity by ,,erasing" the past, future, your, goals, your problems and so on, brings you to the default mode, you feel light, strongly in the now, the mind slows down a bit also,    but this last step of realizations (of being aware of being aware) and just pure being, is much more lickely to happen spontaniously then by any doing ... for me it was the most serious searching, evan thinking and analyzing, and i looked so hard for what is now and who am I, and I by my own realization, just ,,SAW IT" and became it, and here I'm two years later :D not evan ,,close to it"

@Dino D  Nice! Thanks for sharing. It's a really mind-blowing experience. I will try it again tonight.

xD

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

If some guided meditation worked well the first time but not much again later, logic tells me that it's possible you have too much expectation generated, which in non-dual speak means you now have conceptualised your purpose, and you are looking for a "Thing".

Edited by Neo

8 hours ago, Dino D said:

now I would love to feel that againg, I would evan love the fear and what not, its so amazing and interesting but that ,,nothingness isnt happening anymore

Who is asking this though? You glimpsed it because you we're in a state of "not knowing". This is why Leo says in the beginning that someone who's never heard of spirituality might have a good chance of having an enlightenment experience. Now you're trying to force the experience to happen again, your're trying to get "somewhere", but that nothingness is always here and right now. 

Peter Russell has an excellent free (or pay as much as you want) meditation course with explanations for how to meditate followed by guided meditations. Focuses on effortlessness and letting go and not trying. Highly recommended, unfortunately you gotta wait a week between lessons before you get the next one ?no quick fixes here 

http://www.peterrussell.com/HMWET/index.php

“Curiosity killed the cat.”