KenDo

Addiction

9 posts in this topic

Hello and good day, 

I have been struggling with my food addiction for 2 years at least now and I just don't know what to do. I want to clean up my diet but I never manage to eat clean for longer than a month. I always give in at some point and then my whole diet crashes and I just eat junk-food and sweets. Please help :)

Hi, 

Have you checked Leo's videos on "Addiction"? 

yeah, i have I have been applying both methods, the sit still and the being aware when doing the addiction. But it doesn't work for me.

I want to get rid of this habit for ever, so i can become my best version but even though I have made the decision many times to never indulge in unhealthy foods again I never manage to do it for longer than a month

@KenDo Set goals! It's hard to change any habbit if the base for it is just "I'll try to not do this thing anymore". Find a way to make it "I'll stop this thing now, because in x time I WILL achieve y!"

molosku, i did that i tried setting monthly goals and i even made it into smaller chunks and I managed to eat clean for 22 days but never any longer.

@KenDo Which is your higher priority; feeling great and living the life that blossoms from this, or eating shit people refer to as “food” for a short term benefit?

right?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Learn how to make amazing food. Healthy food. Make it into an artform. Make it into a skill. It is difficult to stop eating junk if your tastebuds are used to eating chemically flavored cartboard, but when you start to introduce beautiful foods like vegetables etc. your taste starts to change. And when your tastebuds become more "clean" they will be able to detect the delicate flavors of these healthy foods.

Also consider writing a food diary. Like for example on Monday I ate pizza and I felt like shit on Monday evening and Tuesday also. On Wednesday I ate salad and felt amazing. Yes you can understand that junk makes you feel like junk, but writing it down and seeing it as a piece of information to analyse is useful if you fall down that path of junk again.

8 hours ago, KenDo said:

Hello and good day, 

I have been struggling with my food addiction for 2 years at least now and I just don't know what to do. I want to clean up my diet but I never manage to eat clean for longer than a month. I always give in at some point and then my whole diet crashes and I just eat junk-food and sweets. Please help :)

Haha u r my bestie ! 

“Repression will always call forth a compensatory counter activity of the unconscious which will, through the back door, force upon us the very thing we are trying to repress."
Edward Whitmont

• Stop dieting. Diets never work, because they're inherently restrictive and set you up for backsliding. We restrict foods because we secretly want them. Otherwise, we wouldn't need to restrict them in the first place. 
  • Instead of trying to "clean up" your diet by removing foods, think about the whole foods you enjoy eating and that make you feel good, and add those to your already existing diet. Slowly but surely add more. Use your intuition. Make a lifestyle transition, not a jump.
  • Whenever you reach for the donut, pause and inquire. Ask yourself if you're actually hungry. Or are you bored? Upset? Tired? Depressed? Look deeper. Simply becoming aware of your triggers will erode them over time.
  • Research cravings, what they mean, and what foods you can use to satisfy them.
  • Look at your life. Are there areas in which you feel inadequate? Do you have low self-esteem? Depression? These emotional factors play a large role in our ability to stick with a healthy eating lifestyle.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov