Lucas Lousada

what to do with life after Enlightenment ?

19 posts in this topic

Hi, did anyone got really depressed after some enlightenment experiences?

I had some experiences and they were the most beautiful things I have ever felt.

Now it seems like this "ego life" doesn't interest me anymore.

Everything is so small, and insignificant, good things, bad things, they're nothing.

knowing that this life is important to the infinite multiverse become really infinite, did helped a lot.

Right now I feel like I am trying to cross some 4th dimensional lines, so I could be one of the good versions of myself.

Everything is great, I am married with the woman of my life, a great job, a great life, I have plans, I have an awesome family, I have support, I have all I need.

But still, after seeing the Truth, with capital T, after seeing "god," after becoming "god", after just realizing WHAT IS LIFE, and how it works and how its only purpose is to keep being, keep existing, I have this feel like I am just  one of those failed attempts like some solar systems with just single cells bacterias, or even just a planet like Mars, how is just close enough to become an earth-like planet full of life, but its not that perfect so its a dry, almost with no life, struggling to keep being but without a real purpose to.

Anyone dealing with this type of feelings after an enlightenment experience ?  

Edited by Lucas Lousada

haha!! As long as ego is still in charge of the being that is going to die, melancholy will rear it's selfish little head— just note it and carry on.

Melancholy is a self-deceptive phenomena. It is due to ingrained self-importance. The task of continuous self-refinement is endless.

It is self-importance masquerading as you feeling empty (if I am understanding your post correctly, Lucas).

Please try not to place too much emphasis on a few "enlightening" experiences. The depth of one's selfless experiences is what determines the quality of what can be brought to bear in terms of everyday ordinary situations— which is the point of activating one's inherent enlightening function at all. Developing the energy-body through continued self-refinement and subsequent spontaneous non-ordinary forays into non-psychological awareness is a long long process. Do not live in anticipation as that will destroy the subtle potential that enlightening activity accumulates gradually.

Extreme alpinists who have tasted the "other side" often feel the same way, or else they experience extremely severe depression as long as they can't stick their necks out beyond the edge and over the line of conservative reasoning where they can get that "fix" and feel "alive" again.

after seeing the Truth, with capital T, after seeing "god," after becoming "god", after just realizing WHAT IS LIFE, and how it works and how its only purpose is to keep being

I doubt that you have gone far enough at this point, Lucas. I really don't~ especially because "Everything is great, I am married with the woman of my life, a great job, a great life, I have plans, I have an awesome family, I have support, I have all I need". So much self-referencing going on here.

If you have indeed gone far enough Lucas, and you have only seen essence, the absolute, then you can go no further. As far as "how it works" goes, I would have to say that you have no knowledge of the "science of life". That is a taoist terms for adapting enlightenment to conditions or working with essence directly without intermediary in the course of everyday ordinary situations. The admonition is "see essence on your own, then seek a teacher".

If you know but are unable to apply that knowledge, then you are no different than those who have no knowledge. That's a fact.

Then again, in the aftermath of authentic enlightening experience, it always takes years to reach a practical maturation of one's selfless potential in terms of properly activating your enlightening function. When one gains insight, it is then necessary to withdraw from further effort, or insight will be destroyed. As I have said often enough here and elsewhere, "the spoils of victory are lost in celebration".

I doubt you have gone far enough yet~ I really do— but it really doesn't matter because processing minor enlightening cycles or the biG one must be handled in the same way. One must walk the dusty path, chop wood, carry water, step by gradual step. All prior illuminates were no different.

Only when one can forget all fascination with "plans", unfulfilled ambitions and the unfathomable beyond and just "step over eternity" itself, can one actually enter the path of enlightening activity consisting of endless transformations "planting lotuses in fire" and in due course sublimating oneself physically and spiritually. This is how one enters the inconceivable without end. Lighten up-- endless transformations~ woohoo!! heeheehee❤︎!!

I suggest not to place too much importance on your enlightening experiences and submerge yourself in meeting your day-to-day challenges. What is most important is to keep a subtle and constant concentration of observing mind and recognize spontaneous opportunities to refresh enlightening potential in the midst of ordinary situations.

All I'm saying is don't be in a hurry, Lucas.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

Thanks @deci belle

That was very soothe.

I seek, not everyday though, enlightenment experiences.

I do not want to live by it, as in my perception, would go against every 3 Dimensional goals that I have in this life.

All I want is when my body gives up, I could find this peace and stay there for some time.

I feel like I need something that makes me keen on living again.

Living itself would have to do the job for now.

As I said, I just want to be the best possible version of myself for now, and for that, I need to be.

Do any of you stopped looking at "ego" goals and gave up this kind of life and started just focusing in the Truth, to stay connected more and more with it?

Thanks one more time

This image of yin and yang started to make more sense for me as part of how nothing became something in the first place, and its pretty much follow  the same pattern forever deep. I feel trapped in this cycle of being. 

After you start the journey of your life: Start Healing and will never end the experience. 

Namaste, Mfks!

hi Lucas~

I can sympathize with you, even though I never experienced the depression or feelings of separation that you are going through. I never had a family and have always had a very independent (self-directed) life-style. Whether in relationship or socially independent, I never knew what would be considered a definitive outcome of any given situation. I have never made plans or mapped out life-goals. I don't recommend that people try that at home.

My general "practice" is what can be described as taoist spiritual alchemy. It's not taoist by any sense of the word~ it's just that a certain school of taoism has long kept a body of knowledge relative to secretly adapting enlightenment to conditions alive for thousands of years, and I often use its organizational vocabulary as it suits my experience and temperament. Its protocols are not dependent on sudden enlightenment. Anyone who can begin to see potential can gradually develop the body of awareness over time. Its parameters can be described as "enlightening activity" which consist of incremental processes depending on the time using the potential inherent in any given situation whereby one "takes over creation, and steals its potential".

I feel like I need something that makes me keen on living again.

There are some absolutely ravishing songs from the ancient illuminate and bard by the name of Mirabai (India) expressing her longing in the aftermath of sudden illumination and subsequent life on the road as a "homeless" illuminate.

Yours is the classic situation, Lucas. In the Hindu tradition, your current status is that of "householder". Equally as well, in the Chinese classic cultural milieu, men and women were expected to fulfill proscribed social obligations (if one was not already committed to a monastic track), before re-dedicating themselves to spiritual concerns later in life (which was also expected!!). I feel you are already set up for the long-haul, non?

If so, try to look forward to maintaining a continuous subtle concentration in regard to your non-psychological awareness practice while you dedicate yourself fully to your social/professional obligations. In twenty or thirty years, you will be in a position that has long been mapped out for thousands of years, that is, for when you to take up the inconceivable gradually, in earnest~ if it hasn't already caught up with you by then.

I would look into the ancient southern taoist (Chinese) schools of "grafting" or energetics programs by the time you are into your 30s, to keep your subtle-body toned, so, by your 40s, you should still have plenty of energy for renewed concentration into un-conventional studies when your social/professional obligations will possibly lessen.

That's just a general timeline that has worked for people such as yourself for the last several thousand years…❤︎

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

Possibly after awakenings but Enlightening experiences pretty much cures depression on the spot. Maybe years after if you no longer reside in the state and have fallen down in illusionary states again but as far as i know psychedelics can do that but natural endogenous experiences its usually ongoing bliss and peace no matter where you are.

If you don't know what to do your not enlightened and possible was not an enlightenment experience. In true enlightenment everything is understood.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Thanks again @deci belle

I am trying to put some balance between my 3D life and the enlightened life.

For now, I am just trying to "not forget this dream" 

I am not keen in having enlightenment experiences, but I don't want to forget that too.

As you said, I will get my 3D life to calm down, to ease, and when I feel comfortable about who I am as self, I will re-start this seek for enlightenment more often.

4 minutes ago, pluto said:

In true enlightenment everything is understood.

That is the problem.

I understood that nothing really matters, at all. even if you kill 192837918273918273981 people

or if you save 192839182739817239812739 people.

Does not matter, at all.

On 3/16/2018 at 0:21 PM, Lucas Lousada said:

That is the problem.

I understood that nothing really matters, at all. even if you kill 192837918273918273981 people

or if you save 192839182739817239812739 people.

Does not matter, at all.

Meditate and spend more time in nature preferably alone. True clarity will arise from within. Things will balance out.

or Chop Wood :D

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Lucas Lousada Experience with my own awakenings tells me that you ask for the very thing that you "lost": meaning in life.
Your realization that anything is truly and utterly meaningless is nothing else other than the death of self. This is not a trivial matter and please, do no treat it as such.

Death reminds us that whatever we hold on to as dear is just that - holding on to. That whatever we may think we have control over may be taken away with no prior warning. Mourning is not re-living the past that had been lost in hope to prolong it. It is seeing that whatever is left may be taken away and is to be enjoyed while it lasts.

The self is always up for death, so please - try to enjoy yourself while you can.

As for the meaning of your life - treating yourself as a mean to an end begs the question: whose end is it?
The gaping openness of this question is what you seek. Try to not look away with disgust. This is you after all.
The you that you try to dress up with all of your meanings.

Edited by tsuki
wording of the last paragraph

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Dig a bigger and bigger Grave. (metaphor)

Namaste, Mfks!

I can relate with OP. I havent had any absolute enlightened experiences, but a lot of times reached the samadhi state of oneness as a no-self experience. Although the arent life changing events after that you take value in other things.

What hapened the other day is I went to a birthday party, it saddened me how cold were the strangers to me, how stupid and shallow their conversations were, this made me depressed, I felt out of place.

I dont know if really being in meditation retreats alone made me less socially skilled or if it was my no-self experiences, but I had a really hard time finding the fun on their jokes, or the interest in their void conversations. Am I becominga a autist hermit or what?¿

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Thanks everyone for that. after some time I can see myself better than ever. Will proceed to my quest "do not regret my life when it ends" for now I am working on my past choices and dealing with them in a good way, I am in a comfortable position now, in mind and spirit that could only be archived by having those experiences. 

Awareness and self Learning never end. The art of living is to consistently put everything in its right place. Which takes undiviating awareness, scrupulous self learning/self knowledge, and a capacity to maintain that all important essence of humility. 

Enlightened being is not a movment from A to B to C and so on

its A to A to A to A

OVCOURSE THE FIRE DOES BURN HOTTER AND HOTTER AND IS EXPRESSED WITH INTENSIFYING EMBODIMENT.  

Edited by Faceless

Lucas,

First stage of enlightenment (the "600s") can be a trap for some people.

This is Zen Devil territory.  It is quite existential-nihilistic in flavor.  

Once you get into the 700s and above, those feelings will go away.

Sahaja is astonishing beyond words.  Truly glorious.  First-stage enlightenment doesn't begin to compare.

create meaning: love, success, purpose, and leadership