PT89

Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

26 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I'd recommend you actually listen to his case about when antidepressants are worthwhile. I concede that in his personal case it doesn't seem consistent, but anyways...

For someone who made a video called "all criticism is untenable", you sure love to criticize. 

That being said I'm not trying to defend his intellectual war as you put it. 

He is a very well spoken individual and has the discipline to stay calm during intense situations. It's the reason why so many people love the guy. 

As for the anti-depressenet topic, I was not surprised to hear this at all. For a guy that used to smoke, drink, and had to work on his health, I can see why his life turned out the way it did.

I hope he finds inner peace as his life progresses and quit the medication. 

Edited by Alii

His intelligent but lacks spiritual understanding. Civilizations in the past have almost destroyed the earth because materialistic/technologically and scientifically based and focused mindsets surpassed their spiritual evolution/progress.

B R E A T H E

On 3/10/2018 at 2:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

There is only one way to happiness: consciousness to the point of ego-death.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I'd refer to it as happiness. IME it's different than what I had thought happiness was and what most people seem to think happiness is. 

Regarding anti-depressants: we are all constantly taking "anti-depressants". We seek what we believe will make us feel "good" and avoid what we believe will make us feel "bad". Listening to music, sex, reading a novel, eating a delicious meal, drugs, alcohol, writing stuff on actualized forums, playing video games, masturbating, running a marathon, meditation, yoga, watching a movie, anti-depressants. All of this alters brain chemistry. It's all part of The Game we play. Another part of The Game is judging whether others are "right", "wrong", "good" or "bad" based on their brain chemistry and how they alter their brain chemistry. How we score these moves in The Game seems mainly dependent on the conditioning we received in our life history.