Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Will cold approaching be outlawed?

15 posts in this topic

Guys, I've really gotten worried that sometime soon in the future, picking up random girls will be made illegal because of all of these MeToo events, anti-men feminists, and sexual harassment allegations made throughout every type of media. It's good that women have become increasingly protected by the law, security, and human rights activists; however, the PUA community has not only continually gotten a bad rap for teaching guys to manipulate women as objects and influence them to become "predatorial" (which is largely untrue), but also it has increasingly received greater hostility from women. Just recently, Gambler, Richard La Ruina, who made a video game called Super Seducer already had its release onto the Playstation 4 console cancelled, because it was deemed too misogynistic. Furthermore, more women have been publicly complaining about how many times they have been sexually harassed or violated by some random creeper out in the street or in a bar or club or what have you. However, I still believe that cold approach is a very useful way to improve your social skills with people in general and your seduction skills with those of the opposite sex (or same sex if your homosexual). So what are hard case novices like me gonna do when pick-up becomes increasingly shamed to the point of becoming against the law to practice it at all? Am I right or am I just blowing this way out of proportion?

Edited by Hardkill

2 hours ago, aurum said:

@Hardkill

Guess you better hurry up and get good fast xD

Lol. Are u serious?

7 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

dw  

Huh?

Did you watch Leo's video on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?

This is what happens when your more basic needs are completely ignored. In your case they are: job, career, and life purpose. And then, you want to get good at understanding the opposite gender. The result is unnessary over worrying and over thinking. 

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

Did you watch Leo's video on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?

This is what happens when your more basic needs are completely ignored. In your case they are: job, career, and life purpose. And then, you want to get good at understanding the opposite gender. The result is unnessary over worrying and over thinking. 

Oh no, I actually didn't really watch it. I overlooked it because I already knew about Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. However, since you implied that Leo in that video specifically explains where and when sexual needs should be met in the Hierarchy, I will definitely watch that. Thanks.

However, I fear that by the time I fulfill my needs for my job, career, and life purpose, which will probably be at least a few years from now, that pickup or cold approaching women will be completely looked down upon and even made illegal. I don't know. Again, maybe I am wrong and I am just blowing this out of proportion. What do u think?

47 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

What do u think?

#1. I can't tell you what you can and cannot do. No one can. You got to figure it out for yourself. What I said in my post is only a tip of what I noticed according to what you said.

#2. I doubt cold approach is going to be outlawed in the US. That's too extreme. But, be careful when you cold approach because a lot of women don't like it. 

@SFRL I did not say that. Read it again. I said that understanding the opposite gender is in the higher tier. I'm not just talking about sex. Read carefully and stop talking about mods. You are assuming what I said and going way off topic. 

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

#1. I can't tell you what you can and cannot do. No one can. You got to figure it out for yourself. What I said in my post is only a tip of what I noticed according to what you said.

#2. I doubt cold approach is going to be outlawed in the US. That's too extreme. But, be careful when you cold approach because a lot of women don't like it. 

That is true. A lot will indeed think it’s creepy or predatorial. However, I believe the majority of women actually appreciate being cold approach as long as it is done respectfully. 

Yeah I am definitely gonna check out the vid very soon. I am sure it sounds good.

Alright, well I won’t lose hope on meeting random people.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Hardkill

@Key Elements You dont actually need those things. Those are desires, wants.

Wants - Pleasure , Needs - Biological needs (to survive).

Needs - Air, Water, Food, Clothes (for cold weathers), somewhere to pee or poo. I think thats it. A house is also helpful but its not necessary to survive, it just helps a lot.

32 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Key Elements You dont actually need those things. Those are desires, wants.

Wants - Pleasure , Needs - Biological needs (to survive).

Needs - Air, Water, Food, Clothes (for cold weathers), somewhere to pee or poo. I think thats it. A house is also helpful but its not necessary to survive, it just helps a lot.

Yes, that's correct. 

If Maslow is referring to sex as a need, that is only a need to reproduce the human species.

23 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I believe the majority of women actually appreciate being cold approach as long as it is done respectfully. 

+1

On 3/10/2018 at 1:53 AM, Hardkill said:

Guys, I've really gotten worried that sometime soon in the future, picking up random girls will be made illegal because of all of these MeToo events, anti-men feminists, and sexual harassment allegations made throughout every type of media.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:53 AM, Hardkill said:

However, I still believe that cold approach is a very useful way to improve your social skills with people in general and your seduction skills with those of the opposite sex (or same sex if your homosexual). So what are hard case novices like me gonna do when pick-up becomes increasingly shamed to the point of becoming against the law to practice it at all? Am I right or am I just blowing this way out of proportion?

You'll have to get smarter than the concept of pick-up. I'm imagining an approach where the thought process goes like this:

• life is a game* 
  • I will play this game to the best of my ability
  • Part of this game is relating to people (in your example, women)
  • I will do my best at relating with people
    • There is no shame in this. If in this purity you relate, you can "have" anyone though you won't want to "keep" them. 

If you can actively "cold" approach people (I have an issue with this terminology as it implies that the interaction itself is cold. Who wants to have a cold interaction?) in a truthful way, giving all the people you interact with the respect that as part of the same medium (substance/void/oneness/you, etc) , they "deserve," you have a chance to give pick-up a better name than it has. No one likes to be used.

*A game to be played in full consciousness and integrity, otherwise not really awake

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

47 minutes ago, philosogi said:

You'll have to get smarter than the concept of pick-up. I'm imagining an approach where the thought process goes like this:

• life is a game* 
  • I will play this game to the best of my ability
  • Part of this game is relating to people (in your example, women)
  • I will do my best at relating with people
    • There is no shame in this. If in this purity you relate, you can "have" anyone though you won't want to "keep" them. 

If you can actively "cold" approach people (I have an issue with this terminology as it implies that the interaction itself is cold. Who wants to have a cold interaction?) in a truthful way, giving all the people you interact with the respect that as part of the same medium (substance/void/oneness/you, etc) , they "deserve," you have a chance to give pick-up a better name than it has. No one likes to be used.

*A game to be played in full consciousness and integrity, otherwise not really awake

Of course no one likes to be used. I don't like taking advantage of people. 

Have you done cold approaching before?