starsofclay

If we are infinity...

22 posts in this topic

From Leo's video, My Deepest Awakening Yet, my take away is that he is saying we (he, you, I, us) are infinity. Nothing else. Just pure infinity. We are the computer we are using to post on here. We are the post. We are the keyboard clacking as we type. We are the clack.  Our individual "experience" is just infinity, which has fractured itself into this ego.  Am I off here?

So if this is the case, wouldn't it be better to view everything as I, rather than trying to eliminate the concept of I? In other words, as you leave your house for the day, you look around in your garage as you pull out, and also the front of your house, and say (as flighty as it may sound) , "Goodbye me, hope you have a nice day... see us when we get back!" as opposed to "Goodbye, thing, it expects you to be here when it gets back!"

I think I worded it the way I wanted to... oh well, if this is just stupid let me know.  It was just a thought I had while leaving for work this morning, after having listened to that video. 

Yes, I kinda agree because I'm on this path, however, we are told that enlightenment isn't something you get by accumulating knowledge. You are basically saying the same thing as "If I use French words all day, eventually I will be a French person."

@Neo hmm well if I live in france, get a citizenship, and speak french words all day, then I'll be a french person

You, forget eat slugs and snails.... only kidding.

It's to drop all concepts including enlightenment. If you drop all concepts of French, you don't become French.

You remember the story about the big old house, you're looking around going from room to room, all the dusty furnishings and dust covers and as you reach the bottom of the stairs, and realise that there is no-one there, you take a step back and see that you in fact don't exist. You are not there!

In fact what you were, was a story built of labels applied to us by others. The true nature of yourself to be discovered, and yet when we do this enlightenment work, we just keep piling stuff on the same "mind"

The problem would be that the concept of 'I the person' is an identification with something, whereas infinity does not require identification to exist. 
In a way both ways point to the exact same thing, but ultimately identification as a concept has to be dropped entirely. 

I think it's a fun mind play game. If I can call it that. It also makes you more moral and more seeing the world from the perspective of infinity or even God is in all of us thing. I feel it's more like a trip on psychedelics. 

There are two facets of enlightenment here which are being confused here:

1. No-self
  2. Absolute Infinity

You can be conscious of one but not the other.

With the No-self facet you realize your entire personal identity, including your body and physical birth, are not real, but just concepts.

With the Absolute Infinity facet you notice that every object is infinite and that you are all of them. You are "the world". You are the Infinite Self.

And then there are additional other facets.

And in the end, all facets become one seamless nondual experience. With no difference between enlightenment and non-enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There are two facets of enlightenment here which are being confused here:

1. No-self
  2. Absolute Infinity

You can be conscious of one but not the other.

I think its a shame that a lot of the mainstream nondual teachers teach from the point of No-self. They tell seekers that there is nothing they can do because they are already enlightened. Because of these teachings a lot of sincere seekers dont put in the necessary work and are deluded in a sense. I always wonder why these teachers seem to have crystallized at No-self and didnt go all the way. 

@starsofclay The point is the emotion. Falsities feel like shit but we are at a loss even knowing why we feel like shit. Truth in experience / perspective feels amazing. Everything makes sense. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura and we are every facet and no facet at all... I... get..... it....  (I think I can, I think I can...??) 

Edited by starsofclay

@Leo Gura It looks like while trying to help @starsofclay I discovered my own folly. The link in my mind between no self and infinity is not just a conceptual one but I am always combining self enquiry with do nothing meditation. Is this wrong? Is this why strange things happen when trying this meditation, like bizarre activation of chakras totally unexpectedly and never experienced before?

Edited by Neo

41 minutes ago, Neo said:

@Leo Gura It looks like while trying to help @starsofclay I discovered my own folly. The link in my mind between no self and infinity is not just a conceptual one but I am always combining self enquiry with do nothing meditation. Is this wrong? Is this why strange things happen when trying this meditation, like bizarre activation of chakras totally unexpectedly and never experienced before?

I don't know about that.

Chakras activating and weird experiences can happens regardless. In fact, it's to be expected no matter which techniques you do.

42 minutes ago, Neo said:

In my experience, when I add a bit of those self enquiries to my meditations and do it right, amazing things happen. I tend to go deeper when I trigger those ideas while meditating. More satisfaction from meditation sessions for me, not sure about others.

OK, so I can't really do any wrong there, but can you see my thoughts are jumbled on no-self and infinity?

@Neo Your thoughts will never figure this out. Nonduality exists at a higher plane of consciousness.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Neo Your thoughts will never figure this out. Nonduality exists at a higher plane of consciousness.

amen. Ever had enjoyable conversation ruin a perfectly good Insight? Make one distinction and the gates of h...

PS: This luckily can't be off topic :o, but remember after your 1st 5me0 gig you said, "How could such a substance exist?" What about countering with, "How could it not?"

@Sri Ramana Maharshi It still baffles me that 5-MeO is a thing.

It's like God created a cheat-code to himself and stuck it inside a frog.