Shin

There is no you that will become enlightened

29 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

@molosku yes you are right dude, my point is just another perspective. Many people emotionally desire enlightenment, that doesn't work I think.

Yes, very much so, because you are missing the thing you are desireing, as you actually desire an idea of it, and not the thing itself. Its like wanting shoes but desiring an image of shoes. 

Should be more of a curious desire to empirically investigate what we are than a desire to be better or find «the truth» that will save «me».

It's not even a desire, I don't know how to express it exactly, but it's more like a «pull» in my experience.

@molosku Don't moke me I'm opening up to you ! :/

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Yes yes, actualized.org club has on this day decided that desire is good and desireable. Onto the next issue! 

On 06/03/2018 at 3:42 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

You'll be aware of the Dream experiencing Enlightenment.  Awareness is just awareness.  All it does is awareness.  And it never changes.  Awareness is the one thing that never changes.  Have you noticed that?

@Joseph Maynor I dont see why awareness is aware while the body-mind is asleep. There is no evidence for that besides "just believing" that awareness can be aware of nothing thus you are not aware of it. But that´s just an unproven hypothesis. No exeprience nor book can tell you if its true or false. Can you change my mind?

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

On 05/03/2018 at 7:35 PM, Shin said:

Just a simple reminder.

There is no YOU that will become enlightened.
The only thing that stands between YOU and enlightenenment is ... YOU.

There is not a personal self experiencing anything, it's just concepts, beliefs, physical sensations floating around.
It floats around so seamlessly that it is really convincing that YOU exist, but in reality there is no entity there, it's just a sum of all this that gives you this illusion ...

This is what meditation is for, to make you see this.
The thing is, most people only do that in their meditation schedule.

DON'T !

Do it all the time, everywhere, yes it will be awful, yes it will drive you mad, but it's the only way.
Everytime you walk, talk, or do anything that doesn't require you to concentrate that much you should look at your mind, passively, without judging it, letting all the crazy thoughts out.

Now you may think this is basic, that everyone knows that, and everyone knows this with a little research on non-duality, it's true.
Now the thing is, do you know this, or do you KNOW this ?

There is a difference between knowing something conceptually and experientially, in this case it is critical, because otherwise you won't understand deeply what you (the real you) have to do.
You may do it inconsciously, even consciously sometimes, and you will forget A LOT, but in the end it must become a habit, 

What you really have to do, is to deconstruct everything you think is true, including YOU.
Which means that every beliefs, every concepts, every stories (about you too), every memories, every attachements, every identifications have to crumble.
Crumble in the sense that you don't even know if it really is true, if it really happened, or if you are really what you think and feel right now.

You must doubt EVERYTHING

Doubt what happened 10 years ago, 1 year ago, even 5 minutes from now
Doubt what you know about politics, history, people and scientifical facts (even that the earth is round, yes ...)
Doubt what your like and dislike (especially your dislike)
Doubt what you feel, investigate your emotions, they don't mean what you think they do ...

You must doubt there is even a WORLD AROUND YOU !
You must doubt you even exist as a HUMAN BEING !

YOU MUST DOUBT YOU EVEN EXIST AT ALL !

https://www.livereal.com/spiritual/practical-spiritual-experiments/spiritual-autolysis/

-Jed Mckenna

I love you

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Shin Btw Shin, your 'feel your body' technique you posted ages ago has really helped boost my jnana practices. The emphasis of feeling reality, while not saying or projecting anything really helped.

Thanks for that +++++1

EDIT: A good technique that has given results is a slight modification to Shin's technique. Whatever strong beliefs you have about reality, try and compare it to the present moment, and see if it is as 'strong' or as 'truthul' as it.

So when someone insults you, ask 'who is insulting you' then compare that belief to awareness, empirical evidence (in front of you), reality, what you're seeing ONLY, etc. Then see how different those 2 things are, and how hologramish that belief really is. 

It kind of feels like god is shining his light onto satan and destroying him. 

Edited by electroBeam

I agree.  Enlightenment starts once you start questioning what the self is.  You could go years and years through life without questioning what the self is.  But once you start to dig into the question — what am I?  Most people probably never sat down and asked — what am I?  Not who am I, but what am I?  This is a very specific question.  And once you deal with this question seriously, at some point you’ll enter the Path.  You’ll realize that what you currently think you are is a Cultural construct — it’s merely a set of beliefs ‘about’ reality.  The ‘little you’ in the Dream just is a set of beliefs about reality!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Why experience enlightenment then? If it's not you that you experiences it. Do you hate yourself that much that you want to get rid of yourself? Hmm.

On 20/03/2018 at 4:47 AM, Ascend said:

Why experience enlightenment then? If it's not you that you experiences it. Do you hate yourself that much that you want to get rid of yourself? Hmm.

Enlightenment means to see that the "I" of your story is not the origin of the perception but a feature of experience itself. Thus the mere experience includes the perception of an "I" but you are the instance which has the experience.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?