Monkey-man

Was nietzsche enlightened?

10 posts in this topic

No.  He was super into identifying with a strong, idealized, Egoic perfection.  Nietzche was one of the most Egoic of the Western Philosophers.  That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be read though.  He makes some good points, especially about Christian morals.

He argues that Christian morals are basically preventing Man from being as great as he can be.  Like a self-imposed set of limiting-beliefs. Nietzche was big into liberating yourself from limiting moral beliefs and forging your own values based on perfection and growth.  I think there’s a lot of Nietzche’s legacy in classical masculine-style Personal Development teachings.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

He killed God.

And doG doesnt even exist!

Not even close.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He certainly wasn't enlightened. He tried a lot though, but became mad instead.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

unenlightened person wouldn't write anything like 'thus spoke Zarathustra'

Edited by Monkey-man

Only an unenlightened person would write what Nietzsche wrote.

It's quite obvious once you experience a deep enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nietzsche's best concept was to overcome your problems and make yourself a better person. But that should be pretty obvious, right? He laid the foundation of personal development, which is worth praising.

As far as nonduality? Doubt it.

I think, Nietzsche is all about future and evolution of Homo sapiens.

Imho Zarathustra is about two things:

1. Post-enlightenment life.

2. Future of Evolution of Homo sapiens. 

Nietzsche tells us what to do after enlightenment, and why. Because humanity will now evolution through conscious effort. 

Why he went mad? Coz he couldn't handle implications of deep consciousness work. (My theory)

And he is very harsh towards ego. He is very anti-ego as I see it. He destroys all the harmful values of both materialistic pleasures and Christian naive dogmas, that doesn't help for spiritual growth of humanity, and reevaluates it by suggesting new solution.

Main point of superhuman isn't just self-actualization of one's life, it's gradual evolution of material bodies of humanity through allowing consciousness and evolutionary energy to do its work. 

To understand concept of superhuman, one need to read Aurobindo, Satprem, Mirra Alfasa. And also Krishnamurti to some extent. These ppl nailed it, they went way beyond enlightenment and tell us what's spiritual progress is all about, and where humanity is heading to. Enlightenment isn't end goal of Spirituality, end goal is kingdom of god on earth, and that will happen through evolution of body. Also, real Zaratusthra himself, as well as Jesus( though Nietzsche misunderstood Jesus), were all about superhuman. 

Just imho

Edited by Monkey-man