Will Bigger

Only Solipsism is Definsible

15 posts in this topic

Solipsism is the ONLY metaphysical position. Nothing else is defensible or sensible. Contemplate that and destroy your beliefs- it’s not about believing solipsism, but about going beyond belief.

ps: this is not my view of the world. But it is the only thing I can know to be true. The whole idea is that you establish what you know, and stop creating beliefs; just get in tune with your intuition and throw the whole game of logic aside.

Edited by Will Bigger

Enough with this solipsism talk.

Nonduality is NOT what people conventionally understand as solipsism.

Yes, there is only the Infinite Self, and yes, self and other are identical, but that is not what solipsism means.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Will Bigger said:

Solipsism is the ONLY metaphysical position. Nothing else is defensible or sensible. Contemplate that and destroy your beliefs- it’s not about believing solipsism, but about going beyond belief.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Enough with this solipsism talk.

Nonduality is NOT what people conventionally understand as solipsism.

Yes, there is only the Infinite Self, and yes, self and other are identical, but that is not what solipsism means.

It’s just a contemplation excercise. No one can actually be a solipsist- it’s so far removed from common sense and intuition. Designed to quickly break down beliefs. I’ve read the books on your list leo, I get what nonduality is conceptually ?

Edited by Will Bigger

@Nahm my own consciousness is the only thing I know for sure. But solipsism is completely absurd and against common sense— so the next step is to just leave the entire belief trap, the whole game of ideas together, and live by intuition alone. 

I’ve gotten bogged down in nondual philosophy to the point that now I know the next step on The Path for me is getting rid of it. And making the Jump to living in an awareness of it. 

Edited by Will Bigger

You talk about throwing aside all beliefs and then you talk about having a metaphysical position. These do not go together.

The dream includes other people.  But ask yourself this -- is the dream real?  I can totally appreciate Nagarjuna's 2 levels of truth now, and that the dream level is "sublated" into the absolute level.  One feels real but isn't real.  The other is real but doesn't feel real.  Boy are we confused huh?  That tricky Mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_truths_doctrine

// Shankara elaborates on the Two Truths Doctrine as follows:

Shankara proposes three levels of reality, using "sublation" as the ontological criterion:

Pāramārthika (paramartha, absolute), the Reality that is metaphysically true and ontologically accurate. It is the state of experiencing that "which is absolutely real and into which both other reality levels can be resolved". This reality is the highest, it can't be sublated (assimilated) by any other.

Vyāvahārika (vyavahara), or samvriti-saya, consisting of the empirical or pragmatical reality. It is ever changing over time, thus empirically true at a given time and context but not metaphysically true. It is "our world of experience, the phenomenal world that we handle every day when we are awake". It is the level in which both jiva (living creatures or individual souls) and Iswara are true; here, the material world is also true but this is incomplete reality and is sublatable.

Prāthibhāsika (pratibhasika, apparent reality, unreality), "reality based on imagination alone". It is the level of experience in which the mind constructs its own reality. Well-known examples of pratibhasika is the imaginary reality such as the "roaring of a lion" fabricated in dreams during one's sleep, and the perception of a rope in the dark as being a snake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta#Ontology_-_the_nature_of_Being

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Bernardo Kustrap talks in depth about this from the standpoint of monistic idealism vs. solipsism. I suggest looking into his work. The simple explanation I can try to give for his ideas around this subject is that everything arises in consciousness, and each of our "personal" awareness fields is like a tiny branch or leaf on the giant tree of consciousness. 

So we're all part of the same consciousness, as individual nodes, each with our own "personal awareness." This is different from solipsism which suggests all experience is situated within my personal awareness.

Understanding duality/fragmentation  answers all these questions.?

Don’t worry about non duality. That can not be known. Any idea/concept of non duality is falls within duality either way... Just pay attention/observe duality. 

Learn the limits of duality. Watch thought. That’s it. This reveals a lot. 

This important and interesting??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Nonduality is the experience right now though.

If one is bombarded by thought there is no sense of non duality?

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s known in that I can communicate it.

Sure but we use duality to communicate it?

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Who am I to you?

If there is a center which is of thought 

Non duality is not??‍♂️

lol that rhymed 

But any way there is no u and I, there is only this identification through duality, thought, fragmentation. 

U see, people can ‘think’ oneness but thought implies duality. So any thought of oneness is a movement of duality. 

So when I posted that it was intended for a person ‘being new’ to instead of by thought imposing an idea of non duality which is a movement of fragmentation/duality, just simply learning about duality instead. And just maybe non dual action ‘perception/truth’ would arise in that action. 

Do you see what I mean???

@Faceless No, I don’t see what you mean.  Are you experiencing nonduality? What is it like?  I want to understand you, but you are speaking using the words fragmentation, center, without explaining what you mean. We could both be saying the exact same thing for all I know.lol.   What am I to you?   Also, what is the difference between a ‘though of oneness’ and the actualized realized permanent experience of nonduality, in your experience now?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless No, I don’t see what you mean.  Are you experiencing nonduality? What is it like?  I want to understand you, but you are speaking using the words fragmentation, center, without explaining what you mean. We could both be saying the exact same thing for all I know.lol.   What am I to you?   Also, what is the difference between a ‘though of oneness’ and the actualized realized permanent experience of nonduality, in your experience now?

I’m sorry there buddy. I assumed you were aware of what I meant by fragmentation and the center. I assumed this because I thought you had said you had went into thought before... My bad ? 

Fragmentation, duality, being mechanical movements of the center ‘self or ego’ which are manifestations of thought. Thought being movements and responses of memory, knowledge, and experiences that lead to further thoughts and experiences. Any movement by the center is a movement of thought which includes all of the above. That which is fragmented ‘in parts or segmented’ can not capture the deep rooted feeling of wholeness. But it can project it through imagination, ‘thought’ 

The present moment is whole, but we impose thought being memory, knowledge, and experience onto that thinking that that content will be able to meet the present as means of a solution to meet present moment challenges. If we say we know a ‘new experience’ that is an imposition ‘the knowing’ which is a record of the past and which becomes projected forward onto the present and to the future...The present moment is whole as long as the past ‘knowledge isn’t projected onto it. 

Now fragmentation takes place in the ego/center/thought, and when this center/self seeks desire for psychological security this is  an impulse of clinging to the center. ‘Function of ego being a defensive mechanism’...

This center constitutes everything the self has constructed, memory/knowledge/and experience which is clings to with all its might..This is all the result of the self seeking psychological security. A reaction to fear caused by fragmentation leads further fragmentation. The center becomes more pronounced when there is confusion, contradiction, and conflict. An example of strengthening the center would be taking a toy from a toddler/child and there is the reaction of hey that’s “my” toy!!! There’s the conflict and then duality ‘you’ took ‘my’ and so on. This is just ways fragmentation seems to play out in the unconscious mind. 

Here are a few examples of fragmentation that have been and are still happening outward but are caused by inward movements of fragmentation by the center......Because then the movement of ego/self/center searches from psychological as all important it creates division, duality, fragmentation in oneself. This is a self centered movement to bring about sense of security/safety to the psyche which brings about the identification to race division, nationality division, religious division, political division and so on. The me ‘center’ becomes  ‘all important’ clinging to what it has identified with and that brings it a sense of belonging in a group ‘tribalistic’ and creates this physical insecurity in the world and in relationship. So the impulse to bring about inward security not only leads to further insecurity but inevitably leads to outward physical insecurity as well. This outward indication of fragmentation is the reflection of our inward fragmented state. 

This is always a hard question to ask oneself I have noticed. Most if not all, inward illusion and deception usually stems from this compulsion to seek comfort and security in the illusion of psychological time, ‘becoming’...This is part of the reason thought/ego is fragmented. Because if the entity which uses thought lives in contradiction, confusion, and conflict then that thought it uses will become corrupt by various bias and prejudices that give that ‘entity’ a sense of security. So thought becomes corrupt by the motives, effort, and desire to remain validated, self affirmed, and so on. Also where there is this movement of fear and desire to suppress it comes the movement of separateness, division, duality, and fragmentation. 

So when I posted that in the topic about understanding duality and not worrying about non duality I meant if someone is caught in fragmentation ‘perceiving from a center’ ‘which implies separation’ then telling them to learn non duality has no meaning. Because every movement they make is a movement of duality. If they can’t identify the fragmentation then they don’t know that they are imposing duality and masking that non duality with mere duality..They won’t see that they are creating an idea,concept, theory of non duality which is not the actuality or actual action of wholeness. If you are interested in this investigate the nature of fragmentation/duality in relationship to thought/ego . Maybe this will help?...If you go into this and understand it this will answer your question to me about experiences of non duality, and you will see why I am presenting the recommendation of not learning about non duality but instead learning about what we actually are when in this fragmented state.....Again if one is in this state that is all they know. First step is becoming aware of that duality. Which is becoming aware of themselves. In this learning becomes its own action of becoming free from fragmentation/duality/ego/thought/the center... Then when the mind quiets from all such activity,  perception/insight/truth actions of wholeness may come into being. But to one who lives in this state of separateness only sees wholeness as an idea, theory, concept. 

This is something that might take some time to so don’t rush. It’s interesting anyway enjoy. I can’t really go into is very deeply with you as that would take quite a lot of time and my family is talking up the majority of my time. Plus I think it’s easier to go about it at ones own pace slowly anyway. This is something you can explore on your own. Actually you can witness this in ones everyday life. In our own experiences. This is how learn about ourselves?..Only finding ways to explain it is the difficulty. 

To answer you question of who are you to me..

To one who is free from the shackles of duality and fragmentation I am you and you are me. There is no division. The division takes place only within the field of thought ‘duality & fragmentation.’

P.s. I hope this sparks interest in you. Sorry if my writing was not organized and clean. I didn’t really have time to sit and write this with care this morning. I’ve been busy with my 2 year old. He’s not feeling great?...Just investigate on your own if you feel like it.?

Edited by Faceless