egoless

The Tibetan Book of the Dead

11 posts in this topic

Let's investigate this book together. Share valuable insights and ideas of what could be taken from this book directly and what could be seen as just a pointer. I would like this topic to become really deep analysis of this book.

@Source_Mystic good idea! I will try to listen to it several times as well. Good luck with your experiment and keep us updates! 

You might also like this video. This guy seem to understand the book very precisely and outlines the summary: 

It appears to be some kind of religious text for people trapped in the purgatory period between Earth and Heaven.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@egoless Great video ?

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

@Joseph Maynor maybe it is, however take majority as metaphors for deeper meaning.

Edited by egoless

40 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor maybe it is, however take majority as metaphors for deeper meaning.

I’ll look into it deeper.  Tibetan culture is a trip.  Tibetan Buddhism is worth looking into.

I read parts of the book and opened something new for me that I didn't know that the tibetans also talked about demons, hell, the devil and stuff like that.

I think all that is just creations of consciousness, depending on what level of consciousness you are when you die, if you are still attached to fears, etc... all those thoughts come to you and create a kind of "hell", until you learn to accept those thoughts and fears and transcend them.

I don't know, just my 2 cents.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

17 minutes ago, Source_Mystic said:

In such you can step off this wheel of incarnation at any point you realize this. 

That being said those that are attached to physical sensation and the seemingly physical state will continue to come back and experience the good with the bad until they see the truth. 

Pardone moi, what happens after you escape this wheel of life? (from your point of view)

And what makes you to assume that the goal of life is to escape wheel of life?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

Pardone moi, what happens after you escape this wheel of life? (from your point of view)

And what makes you to assume that the goal of life is to escape wheel of life?

Thanks.

Nobody knows for sure but you may stay as absolute. Infinity. Complete oneness.

Edited by egoless

fun fact:

Some lyrics from the final track of The Beatles record 'Revolver' are taken and quoted directly from the popular commentary/translation of this book by Tim Leary, Ralph Metzner and with help from Richard Alpert (later to become Ram Dass).

Their book took the text and converted it into a framework for using psychedelics for spiritual growth. 

Tomorrow Never Knows
by The Beatles

Turn off your mind relax and float down stream
It is not dying, it is not dying

Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void,
It is shining, it is shining.

Yet you may see the meaning of within
It is being, it is being

Love is all and love is everyone
It is knowing, it is knowing

And ignorance and hate mourn the dead
It is believing, it is believing