Ether

Have you cried because seen something so beautiful?

35 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

So, I guess there is a belief in there, but it’s subconscious.  It doesn’t matter though — it’s still Ego.  Babies are not free from Ego, contrary to what people think.  Freeing one’s self from Ego takes a very wise Mind and a lot of life experience.  I know we love this myth that babies are enlightened though.  But that ship doesn’t sail.

By that logic, stones have ego. So, where in evolution did ego arise? I was convinced it emerge by humans evolving the ability to conceptualize, meaning that we as humans eventually wil be able to «know» our true nature after a long history of suffering because of thinking, which began to distinguish us from animals. One can't trancend ego without getting it first.

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Yeah. Babies ego’s are off the charts. Gotta prop em up so they can meditate and do some self inquiry. 

The "pubic hair on a bathroom floor" effect.

Edited by Soulbass

13 minutes ago, Edvard said:

By that logic, stones have ego. So, where in evolution did ego arise? I was convinced it emerge by humans evolving the ability to conceptualize, meaning that we as humans eventually wil be able to «know» our true nature after a long history of suffering because of thinking, which began to distinguish us from animals. One can't trancend ego without getting it first.

Don’t try to prove me wrong like that.  You only show your ignorance.  Reason is a tool of the passions.  Reason is a lawyer — It can prove anything right or wrong and only leads to self-delusion if improperly used.  This belief we have in theory of correct reasoning that can mow down another’s position from afar is a delusion.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Don’t try to prove me wrong like that.  You only show your ignorance.

This type of possible passive-aggresiviness is one of the reason i come here!

I'm so glad Leo made a post about us being dogmatic and why debating and arguing shouldn't even be part of the forum.

We made a lot of progress !

9_9

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

I'm so glad Leo made a post about us being dogmatic and why debating and arguing shouldn't even be part of the forum.

We made a lot of progress !

9_9

Stop trying to be how others want you to be.

Be how you want to be.

Problem solved, hombreee

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Don’t try to prove me wrong like that.  You only show your ignorance.

? You said that freeing oneself from ego takes a very wise mind, and a lot of experience, which would suggest that stones have ego -- because they have awareness... so what I simply was asking you, if you know, was, where in evolution did ego arise? Pre self-replicating molecules, multi-cellular organisms, with lions, babies, or thinking? Just a question. Sorry if it sounded rude. Not the intention. 

Edited by Edvard

46 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ego is not just clinging to thoughts about reality, it’s also trying to control reality.  Either one of those are Ego.  So, conceptual-knowing are controlling are the two sins of Ego.  The third is doing, which can be captured under control, but I like to list it as a third sin of Ego.  Controlling, knowing, and doing.  Those are the three biggies.

They are just crying. They are not trying to control anything - just expressing.

It's like a tree opening flowering in spring and you saying it's controlling your attention. You're the one who said that, not the tree. 

The tree opened its buds independent of what you projection you put on it. In fact, the tree couldn't give less of a shit about you seeing it's flowers. 

Same with a baby. Toss it in a forest - it will cry even if no one is around to respond to it. 

It doesn't have a little self yet. It's not playing a game yet. It's just being. Part of its being is crying.

Edited by gleb

Crying is as natural as Laughing. How would you open your mind/body without balancing cry/laugh? 

Let me tell you how. YOU STOP crying, you become ''STRONG'', what consumerism wants for you hahaha.

You wont be able to heal the body without tears, that simple :)

Namaste, Mfks!

3 hours ago, Ether said:

Like what?

The infinite beauty of reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You guys shouldn’t be crying so much.  What the hell?  When we say go back to being a child, don’t substitute that with infant.

In most cases, crying is an act of maturity. Children cry out of immaturity, but crying out of compassion for other being's suffering, or as Leo said, the beauty of reality, is a genuine expression that should embraced at every opportunity. For years I resisted and rejected crying because I thought is was immature and 'un-manly'. How wrong I have been.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Just now, Space said:

In most cases, crying is an act of maturity. Children cry out of immaturity, but crying out of compassion for other being's suffering, or as Leo said, the beauty of reality, is a genuine expression that should embraced at every opportunity. For years I resisted and rejected crying because I thought is was immature and 'un-manly'. How wrong I have been.

To me, crying is releasing resistance ;)=

Ha yes, quite often. Emotions have always been very close to the surface for me. 

As I purify and release more and more blockages, I cry when I look back and see how shitty I’ve been to others and myself.