TheEnlightenedWon

It Goes Deeper Than You Might Think...

194 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

@Ether Yes.. keep witnessing 

You are going to take youtubing\books seriously?

Just now, Ether said:

You are going to take youtubing\books seriously?

I do whatever I do when I feel like it..:) Whatever that happened in the last one year, I planned none of it.. I never knew I would even write a book. I have thought about writing a book about Jesus. But I have no idea when I will start writing it.. It may or may not happen.. :)  I have to do a lot of historical research about that. But I never have a fixed agenda. 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam Yeah, I also try to let go of goals. I used to think "Oh im going to be a rapper when i get older". Now if that happens, it happens, if it doesnt, its ok too

Created yesterday already 184 posts. You guys are on a roll hahaha

The homeless man who sat on the same bench at the park every day smiling in awe at everything he looked at as if he is continuously seeing life for the first time over and over again. That is Enlightenment and that can only exist in the in the complete present moment when you become wholly embodied in the awareness within.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Shanmugam

You're saying that after 'enlightenment', the inevitable growth is spontaneously happening at full speed without a sense of doer-ship. And yet at the same time, you feel totally complete, free and at peace right this moment. So the 'growth' you are having right now, It can't be any other way. (I hope I understood your words)

Now my first question is, what do you mean by 'growth' from post-enlightenment context?

is it things like emotional mastery, making spontaneous automatic healthy decisions, dissolving addictive behaviors, having the most appropriate response to every situation etc...Do these growths continue for lifetime?

I've read in Nisargadatta's book that every single movement of his mind and body is totally automatic and without second guessing...with a firm conviction that as a gnani, this is the best possible response to the present situation. Its like after you've swallowed the food, you don't bother to think about it. The food gets assimilated automatically. It requires zero conscious 'effort' from your part. But that doesn't mean Nisargadatta  became some zombie :P

So does post-enlightenment growth moves towards this effortless automation more and more?

My second question is, do you have a sense that you've 'figured out' everything? Or do you feel that anything can happen in any moment and you can never know whats right up the corner but yet you've found peace in this insecurity..

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

12 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Shanmugam

You're saying that after 'enlightenment', the inevitable growth is spontaneously happening at full speed without a sense of doer-ship. And yet at the same time, you feel totally complete, free and at peace right this moment. So the 'growth' you are having right now, It can't be any other way. (I hope I understood your words)

Now my first question is, what do you mean by 'growth' from post-enlightenment context?

is it things like emotional mastery, making spontaneous automatic healthy decisions, dissolving addictive behaviors, having the most appropriate response to every situation etc...Do these growths continue for lifetime?

When I say 'growth', I am talking about any kind of improvement made in anything, even though the 'growth' personally doesn't matter.

For example, everytime I post in this forum it gives me a good training in articulating things. Just because I have been posting in forums and Quora, I am able to convey certain things in better way than before.. But still, there is no craving for such growth at all! Everytime I post something, I just make sure I write it as clear as I can. It is just that I am living my life with fullest potential, doing what needs to be done each moment. In other words, I am playing the role in the existence without any resistance..

Problems and challenges are always there in life. But just because there are problems, it doesn't mean that there is also suffering. You can solve problems in your life without actually suffering because of those problems. The kind of problems can range from a simple crossword puzzle to anything that is way too complicated. :) 

The expressions may differ from person to person. Nisargadatta was a simple shopkeeper leading a very simple life. But he was also very direct in his approach towards enlightenment. When it comes to spiritual path, the questions starting with 'what', 'when' 'why' are not really important... The question that starts with 'how' is important. 'I realize that I am trapped; how do I get rid of this trap'?... 

The problem in discussing things about post-enlightenment is that people would never really get it. A mind living in duality can never grasp non-duality intellectually. People have made non-duality way more complicated than it actually is, because of too much philosophical contemplation about the nature or the experience of non-dual reality. 

"My second question is, do you have a sense that you've 'figured out' everything? Or do you feel that anything can happen in any moment and you can never know whats right up the corner but yet you've found peace in this insecurity.."

There is uncertainty about millions of things, which do not matter in anyway... Uncertainty is a threat to the ego. One of the gifts of enlightenment is the ability to live with uncertainty. But it is not insecurity. This is another example of how a mind living in duality tries to interpret the nature of non-duality. The question itself has a false premise that uncertainty is insecurity. In fact, it isn't even uncertainty for me! It is just how life is; there is zero resistance to anything that happens. And there is complete freedom, peace and acceptance...

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

22 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

When I say 'growth', I am talking about any kind of improvement made in anything, even though the 'growth' personally doesn't matter.

For example, everytime I post in this forum it gives me a good training in articulating things. Just because I have been posting in forums and Quora, I am able to convey certain things in better way than before.. But still, there is no craving for such growth at all! Everytime I post something, I just make sure I write it as clear as I can. It is just that I am living my life with fullest potential, doing what needs to be done each moment. In other words, I am playing the role in the existence without any resistance..

Problems and challenges are always there in life. But just because there are problems, it doesn't mean that there is also suffering. You can solve problems in your life without actually suffering because of those problems. The kind of problems can range from a simple crossword puzzle to anything that is way too complicated. :) 

The expressions may differ from person to person. Nisargadatta was a simple shopkeeper leading a very simple life. But he was also very direct in his approach towards enlightenment. When it comes to spiritual path, the questions starting with 'what', 'when' 'why' are not really important... The question that starts with 'how' is important. 'I realize that I am trapped; how do I get rid of this trap'?... 

The problem in discussing things about post-enlightenment is that people would never really get it. A mind living in duality can never grasp non-duality intellectually. People have made non-duality way more complicated than it actually is, because of too much philosophical contemplation about the nature or the experience of non-dual reality. 

"My second question is, do you have a sense that you've 'figured out' everything? Or do you feel that anything can happen in any moment and you can never know whats right up the corner but yet you've found peace in this insecurity.."

There is uncertainty about millions of things, which do not matter in anyway... Uncertainty is a threat to the ego. One of the gifts of enlightenment is the ability to live with uncertainty. But it is not insecurity. This is another example of how a mind living in duality tries to interpret the nature of non-duality. The question itself has a false premise that uncertainty is insecurity. In fact, it isn't even uncertainty for me! It is just how life is; there is zero resistance to anything that happens. And there is complete freedom, peace and acceptance...

Well said friend?

Any attempt to change what is to what we want only brings about insecurity. Seeing the truth of this is freedom from the mechanical compulsion to project our own wants and needs ‘ideas’, to what is actually happening ‘the fact’

Longing for security only leads to insecurity. Security is only in the unoccupied mind. 

@Shanmugam

Thanks for replying. I guess every moment spent trying to fantasize about post-enlightenment conditions is a total waste.. :(

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@TheEnlightenedWon People will have awakenings and their experiences will bring a personal perspective of what they assume is 'truth' about the 'absolute'. They often then will measure it against what others express of their perspective and usually will consider their own as more accurate in comparison. This thread is a clear example of an assumption in believing one's own perspective of the 'absolute' is 'truth' and an intolerance of another's perspective.

Edited by SOUL

@Shanmugam "I am playing the role in the existence without any resistance.."

Hey, ima use that rhyme for one of my raps haha

Want a straight answer from me? I can respond to anything, just hit me :)

The awakened one will be able to experience anything, literally, just by meditating. Why? Exemple: you can travel in the body of anyone and feel their feelings, or in any animal, plant or object.  

The justice warrior on the enlightenment path will have a humble face and actions hahaha...

Namaste, mfks!

The big question: How do you know you are Enlightened? 

You just Know. Everything feels like new, like you never seen it before. Something like when you were 5 years old and you discover the world.

Tips for the uninitiated: You can use the center of the brain to travel in realtime anywhere you want, just like a thought or a memory, but in real time and feel it with the 5 senses. You acquire physical strength many time over from what you know you are capable of. Ability to heal yourself and others.

We are born like this, but society indoctrination blocks the potential in people to only 4-10% of what a human really is. 

Namaste, mfks!