• Oniromancy
    • Geometry patterns, "Don't distract!"
    • Soul
    • Occultism
    • Reincarnation
    • Astral trips
    • Kundalini
    • None of the above (comment)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

Which topics you consider as fake, distractive nature, not worth & illusory in the path?

27973303_2077254998956535_58665176130915

That shit ain't leading you to happiness homie.

-The buddha

What about

• Tarot, Adivination
  • Magic
  • Paranormal, Mental Powers, Psychokinesis
  • Energy reading
  • Aurea
  • Extrasensorial Perception
  • Entities
  • Oniromancy
  • Geometry patterns, "Don't distract!"
  • Soul
  • Subtle body
  • Occultism
  • Reincarnation
  • Astral trips

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Where is the "none of the above" option?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

any belief that a person adopts which leads to contentment, is not useless or worthless, and if that is what he wants then so be it.

and this will be the second lesson in the context of the absence of judgment, the first one was about the "no-self".

Edited by Patang

2 minutes ago, Patang said:

any belief that a person adopts which leads to contentment, is not useless or worthless, and if that is what he wants then so be it.

There is no wanting to do.  There is only what is.

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There is no wanting to do.  There is only what is.

the one who really believes in something, also believes that he want to believe in that something, otherwise he would have dropped that belief already. for him, that something is the truth, and that's fine.

Edited by Patang

@tsuki sorry, fixed

@Patang it's sounds very tricky what you are saying. Playing the buddha, false believes does not lead you to ignorance and so on, to suffering?

Edited by Vingger

8 minutes ago, Vingger said:

it's sounds very tricky what you are saying. Playing the buddha, false believes does not lead you to ignorance and so on, to suffering?

one can choose to believe in whatever belief he chooses to believe (the belief paradox and the free will paradox, a vortex).

Just now, Patang said:

one can choose to believe in whatever belief he chooses to believe (the belief paradox and the free will paradox, a vortex).

You don't choose to believe.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You don't choose to believe.

in fact, this is a belief too.

Once you write something, it's open to become a belief. You are arguing yourself.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

5 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Once you write something, it's open to become a belief. You are arguing yourself.

There's no you that's writing anything.  Reality is just playing itself out.  It's clinging to beliefs about reality that makes it seem like there's a you controlling stuff.  Writing is just an experience in reality.  A happening.  Everything is just happening, but you're taking it as a you doing certain things.  That's a belief laid up on top of the happenings.  And that belief or lack of it has no impact on the happenings!  The happenings are independent of beliefs about the happenings.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor It seems that you had a breakthrough recently

@Patangbelieving is not experiencing, you are getting too twisted with it's ok thing 

:)

You should keep a open mind and not place limits or preconceied understandings on to a subject. Do not form an opinion on something before you explore it and experance it.  If you do you are doing your self a disservice. 

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

4 minutes ago, Source_Mystic said:

You should keep a open mind and not place limits or preconceied understandings on to a subject. Do not form an opinion on something before you explore it and experance it.  If you do you are doing your self a disservice. 

You do not control anything.

46 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You do not control anything.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There's no you that's writing anything.  Reality is just playing itself out.  It's clinging to beliefs about reality that makes it seem like there's a you controlling stuff.  Writing is just an experience in reality.  A happening.  Everything is just happening, but you're taking it as a you doing certain things.  That's a belief laid up on top of the happenings.  And that belief or lack of it has no impact on the happenings!  The happenings are independent of beliefs about the happenings.  

Careful bro you're dangerously close to becoming captain of the Advaita Police. They're the ultimate party poopers.

@Arman  He is integrating i was in that phase too

What I'm working on is not instantly dismissing any of these listed above and other phenomena that I don't consider 'real'. 

If I haven't encountered the reality of the thing, how can I judge it to be non-existent? That would just be believing in my own conceptual bubble that I consider 'able to happen'.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

all except for: energy reading, soul, karma.

The majority of others are real, but pointless. 

I’m gonna throw out some controversy and say psychedelics are mostly pointless too.

Edited by Will Bigger

@Will Bigger Yeah is controversial, to several cases of anxiety or depresion may help, 

as Leo said this psychedelics can teach you about context bringing you another context complety diffrent,

the problem is only a few people can make sense of the experience, and the most people just stay stuck in their mind or use it for recreational stuff

Edited by Vingger