Recursoinominado

I just realized that I'm an energy vampire

7 posts in this topic

For sometime, my life went to shit, a lot of things going wrong, almost nothing going right, I became judgmental, negative, I almost never give someone a praise. My ex was really positive and I was an asshole to her(even though she loves me to death). I don't know how I became this way, I wasn't like that. I don't know what to do about it. My intuition says is lack of self love, especially the way I treat myself (harshly, like a cruel dictator). I would like some ideas here to cultivate self love. 

You need to accept yourself, to be your own friend.

Nobody but you will love you for who you are.

Leo has several videos on that, look them up. I remember that Eckhart Tolle has also good videos about that.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Since there is no one in reality that is not self, undertaking acts of kindness (however small) benefits others and yourself and you notice that this makes you feel better.

@Recursoinominado I don't know if this will help...I find thinking of the higher self, connecting,  then taking even a baby step in that direction... Or asking friends to help you "remember" why you are so love-able....or self care.... Etc

Maybe if you deal with the energy vampire thing, that would help. Maybe check out "control dramas" , maybe figure out which one you have, and how you use it to siven energy that does not belong to you... Then maybe practice some mindfulness on this and wean yourself off, while finding uplifting ways to give yourself that energy you crave :)

https://wakeup-world.com/2013/11/25/how-to-build-immunity-to-other-peoples-control-dramas/

@K VIL i am really healthy physically (vegan natural bodybuilding), just not emotionally or "spiritually".

@Shin That's what i need. I am seen his videos (again), right now, i have to implement self-love practices in my life. 

@dorg Its a solid advice, thanks!

@Epiphany_Inspired I noticed that i do a lot of those things. Shit.

@Salvijus How?

@Recursoinominado Leo's self acceptance exercise is pretty good, good place to start. If your intuition is saying you lack self love then it's not wrong, it's already a good thing that you're aware of that. Learn how to accept yourself in every situation, even if it's negative, try to be aware when your judging yourself. Generally just try to do healthy things for your body and mind. Say I love you in your head, even if it feels weird. When your looking at yourself in the mirror just literally tell yourself that I love you, whether its in your head or out loud. It's probably going to feel weird at first, doesn't matter, just keep doing it.

Edited by nightrider1435

@Recursoinominado Which control drama most fits you?  I get reacting with "shit" in realization....i did that too with mine...but the bigger point is that you've noticed this...now, you can just develop that same mindfulness when it's happening in the present, and eventually overcome it :) You are like those nice vampires in movies that try to drink animal blood instead... You've realized what's going on, and and your intentions to transcend this are awesome!