Dangirdas

Psychedelics

18 posts in this topic

I would really love seeing a video about the benefits of psychedelics for consciousness development

2 minutes ago, Dangirdas said:

I would really love seeing a video about the benefits of psychedelics for consciousness development

I like this suggestion!

Oh yes Leo, and please feel free to invite your Mods to join you if ever you think of first experimenting with them :P 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

+1

I've been studying about Psychedelics on the Internet casually for about 5 years now (communities, forums, videos, articles). I am especially interested in DMT (Ayahuasca, etc.). I am very curious how Psychedelics are connected with spiritual enlightenment (I've never tried any of Psychedelics or narcotic drugs before). I am also planning to go to Peru some day and try Ayahuasca there with shamans :)

I actually started getting into self development just because of psychedelics. They showed me the potential in me and gave rise to lots of questions.

N/A.....

Edited by Na

I would also love to hear Leo's take on the subject of psychedelics. I blame Sam Harris for getting me interested in taking mushrooms!

While I've always carried a heavily negative bias against recreational drugs, I'd be interested in his opinion as well. I feel he would call them a possible stepping stone but not recommended past intermediate level users due to the fact it would be hard to be high 24/7

Taking psychedelics the right way with the right mindset, WILL speedball your consciousness into new deep waters. Taking LSD once, is like going to the best therapist for a whole year straight. I TRULY recommend them for everyone at least once in their lifetime, especially if you are interested in self development.

Interested in DMT's effects on the brain.

People say it is a life changing experience... never see the world the same again.

53 minutes ago, Jecht Spencer said:

Interested in DMT's effects on the brain.

People say it is a life changing experience... never see the world the same again.

Any psychedelic experience can be life changing, of course DMT is the king, as it's the most powerful and intense one.

I was thinking about this as well.

Hope there's enough people that would be interested in this to make it happen sometime. 

I attribute my experiences on LSD hugely for assisting in breaking patterns and being open to new information. 

Not saying that U NEED DRUGS MAN IF U WANNA BE BETTER

But it is a, imo, an extremely powerful resource if used correctly and treated with respect.

Endless nuance

2 minutes ago, Simon Zackrisson said:

I was thinking about this as well.

Hope there's enough people that would be interested in this to make it happen sometime. 

I attribute my experiences on LSD hugely for assisting in breaking patterns and being open to new information. 

Not saying that U NEED DRUGS MAN IF U WANNA BE BETTER

But it is a, imo, an extremely powerful resource if used correctly and treated with respect.

Don't even need that disclaimer at the end. 
Know this people, it is extremely powerful no matter how you use it.

Extreme positivity.

Or extreme negativity.

Please, if you're considering any psychedelics, INFORM YOURSELF WITH RESEARCH BEFORE.

https://www.erowid.org/, is a trusted source I believe if you look around.

Believe me, you will not be happy if you skip this. It doesn't go away for about 8 hours.

Endless nuance

One thought for a title could be: Unorthodox resources for enlightenment work (Psychedelics)

Endless nuance

On 2/7/2016 at 7:46 AM, Dangirdas said:

You assume that Leo would take the viewpoint of it having benefits :P.

All and all I would really rather NOT see Leo put a video like this up. While certainly it is a question that everyone heading down this path asks at one point or another, I believe it's really a personal choice. That and the results are entirely subjective, who can possibly say what journeying is going to do for "you", every puzzle has it's own pieces to deal with. How could anyone in a video really tell you whether to do it or not? Sadhguru managed his progress with absolutely no psychedelic or drug usage, I'm sure you could to.

That being said I've journeyed and will only leave this warning: Yes the trips opened my eyes to a lot of things, that being said at least one person I've tripped with can turn violent and entirely primal on psychedelics. Literally acting like a monkey or lunatic where you're pretty sure if you approach this individual you're going to get bitten.

The real question is why do you feel you need Leo to tell you whether to do them or not? ;)

EDIT - I realize after reading the guidelines again that this section is not meant for discussion, and as such I should not have posted this in the first place. My apologies to those involved.

Edited by Zotikos
Post did not meet forum guidelines.

5 hours ago, Zotikos said:

You assume that Leo would take the viewpoint of it having benefits :P.

All and all I would really rather NOT see Leo put a video like this up. While certainly it is a question that everyone heading down this path asks at one point or another, I believe it's really a personal choice. That and the results are entirely subjective, who can possibly say what journeying is going to do for "you", every puzzle has it's own pieces to deal with. How could anyone in a video really tell you whether to do it or not? Sadhguru managed his progress with absolutely no psychedelic or drug usage, I'm sure you could to.

That being said I've journeyed and will only leave this warning: Yes the trips opened my eyes to a lot of things, that being said at least one person I've tripped with can turn violent and entirely primal on psychedelics. Literally acting like a monkey or lunatic where you're pretty sure if you approach this individual you're going to get bitten.

The real question is why do you feel you need Leo to tell you whether to do them or not? ;)

Of course the experience is subjective, but you will almost always learn something new while being on psychedelics if you like it or not. ESPECIALLY when you have self development in mind. It's literally information overload about and everything. I'm not saying that you can't achieve heightened awareness without, it's just gonna take waaaaaay longer time, and it will also be harder. Even Sadhguru would benefit from psychedelics, and saying otherwise is just plain ignorance.

Also going berserk while being on psychedelics isn't normal. It's not the psychedelics fault, it's the mindset of the person using it. It's also very well know that you shouldn't take psychedelics if you have a history of mental disease/disorder yourself or in your family. I have been on psychedelics plenty of times, and a lot of my friends have as well, and none of them have experienced anything negative like this.

I feel like psychedelics have a big and important role in self development, and the benefits outweigh the negatives by miles. I feel like people are afraid or don't believe that they have a benefit. I feel like this community would see a much bigger and faster leap forward if more people experimented with them. That's why i want Leo to talk about psychedelics. Not for me, but for others that are on the same journey.

Please refer to topic's guidelines before posting further:

I also believe that Leo already made his point on this topic already.

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com