Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

Thinking Disrupts the Stillness Needed for Enlightenment

10 posts in this topic

We can argue about the pros and cons of thinking, that’s not what I want to talk about here.

Enlightenment requires acceptance of the void, of stillness, of emptiness, and a detachment from all thoughts and emotions.

How you gonna do that if you’re always filling that void with addictions, distractions, rationalizations, fantasizing, bullshit, video-games, THINKING, entertainment?

See — many of you don’t yet have the patience for Enlightenment.  You wanna be spiritual egos instead.  And until you start to wean yourself off the crap-information intake and become more ascetic, your growth will only be in theory — but you’ll hit a glass-ceiling in practice.  That’s called spiritual ego formation, and it’s a trap in this work.  We need to move beyond that phase.  That should be our goal this year to finally do that.  

Anyone on board?  How much do you really want Enlightenment?  Well, you’re gonna find out.  Or is what you want to do is bask in the idea, labels, feelings, and image of Enlightenment — but never do the real work.  See?  You gotta see this trap.  The Ego doesn’t wanna see this trap.  You will argue and fight with me instead of acknowledging this — that’s the Ego in self-protection mode.  

We gotta stop letting the Mind bullshit us with its rationalizations and avoidance of being.  But you gotta take some action here and correct this.  Stop waiting for it to auto-correct through awareness alone.  That could just as easily be turned into an excuse.  Accept some responsibility here.  Get off the drugs, THE PSYCHEDELICS, the addictions, the distractions, the over-thinking, the entertainment, all that shit — and just be ok with being still in the void, in emptiness, accepting that which you are constantly running away from.  Can you make it a goal to do that this year?  It’s gonna be harder than you think it’ll be.  “Sobriety fuck*n sucks” — Ozzy Osborne.  You’re damn right it does!  It’s hard to be stone-sober all the time.  It takes hard work to get there!  We know that.  

Facing the void head-on all the time is fuck*n death to the Ego.  If you wanna think — this is the principle you should be thinking about.  Right?  Haha.  The Ego would not allow it easily.  And why should it!  See how these traps form now?  The Ego is sneaky.  You gotta realize that and keep reminding yourself of that ALL the time.  That takes Enlightened awareness.

Bite the bullet and do this work.  I’ll be very proud of you if you do.  I’m in this too — don’t think I’m not in this.  This is an US not a YOU movement.  We’ll do this together this year.  Enough pussyfooting around — let’s do the real work for a change.  Set day one for March 1st.  Put it into your calendars.  Starting March 1st we’re gonna start becoming more ascetic with the goal of ridding that sh*t from our lives by the end of the year.  Pace yourself — it will take the entire 9 months to do this.  And you’ll have the rest of this month to plan for it.  I’m on board. I’ll lead it.  I’ll post updates in my Journal as we move through the year too.  2018 is gonna be the year.  We’re gonna create something to really be proud of. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How you gonna do that if you’re always filling that void with addictions, distractions, rationalizations, fantasizing, bullshit, video-games, THINKING, entertainment?

Add "lurking on this forum every day constantly and posting long ass ideasoups and "you should, we should, enlightenment this and awareness that blah blah blah"-posts every day, multiple times a day" to your list. 

Something to think about. 

Rep-points were never the problem, the problem is the ability to post unlimited amount of posts a day. 

Edited by molosku

I'll join in on this.  My habit of video games has thrown me off the path for awhile.  I haven't touched one since joining this forum which is a good start.  I also pledge to cut back on smoking weed and set aside an hour a day for meditation.

8 minutes ago, Reflection said:

I'll join in on this.  My habit of video games has thrown me off the path for awhile.  I haven't touched one since joining this forum which is a good start.  I also pledge to cut back on smoking weed and set aside an hour a day for meditation.

Stay strong brother, you can do it ;)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

We gotta stop letting the Mind bullshit us with its rationalizations and avoidance of being.  But you gotta take some action here and correct this.

@Joseph Maynor  Are you saying it's time for us to "Get on the Good Foot"? Hit It!

@Joseph Maynor I wanted to be enlightened real bad. Now I want to be super-enlightened, like being aware of the truth 24/7, not 10 minutes a day, like it's now. On the other hand, I don't want it bad enough. I don't really want to do long meditation sessions anymore, I just want to live my life.

I don't really care about it I think. I don't care if I ever get to be super-zen and I don't care if my body would die tomorrow. I'm fine with whatever life throws my way and seeing how everything unfolds. Maybe not caring about anything at all is the biggest goal to attain here. I'm pretty far on that journey.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

Thought created this idea and compulsion to accomplish enlightenment. 

The idea was a manifestation of thought just as the self is. 

"Thinking disrupts the Stillness needed for Enlightenment"

Q: What Buddha is beyond Buddha?

A: No Buddha

I recall a day when I got home from a job I hated.

I was thinking stupid shit all the way home, 0 silence time.

Not a single second I was inconscious.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them