WildeChilde

How Should We Behave and Treat Others?

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone this is my first post, so I’ll give y’all a little background.  

I’ve been on the path for almost a year now and have been watching a lot of Leo’s videos for the past few months. I do a lot of Maharshi-style self-inquiry and meditation with a mind machine, and thanks to Leo, I’ve explored psychedelics too with great results. He’s got a very encouraging attitude, and I like the way we explains complex topics in an accessible manner.  

Anyways, what I’m trying to resolve right now is learning how to behave with others and how to treat them.  

I’ve learned from Leo’s recent videos that part of having a self is the act of being selfish; they are inextricably linked.  

I also learned in his Spiral Dynamics video that people in Stage Green tend to despise the Stage Orange mindset.  I feel this everyday because I have a job that requires at its core tricking, exploiting, and manipulating other people.  Also, since I’ve been cultivating and demonstrating more genuine compassion and love, many have been viewing these traits in me as a sign of weakness.  

Is the idea then to live selfishly and feel good about it?  Do we need to set aside our higher values in the real world and just hold them within?  Thanks y’all, and any insight would be appreciated. 

Edited by WildeChilde

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

@WildeChilde I strive to be kind and show unconditional love. Yet it can be challenging as I often feel I am being taking for granted and treated poorly. I'm averse to setting boundaries, rules and expectations  - yet it can be uncomfortable living without them.

How Should We Behave and Treat Others?

See everyone as yourself. If there is any division between “the me and the you” there will inevitably be conflict. If you see yourself as seperate from another this is a subtle act of violence. Do you see this. 

The reality is only THOUGHT presents the semblance of separateness. 

Edited by Faceless

20 minutes ago, Faceless said:

If you see yourself as seperate from another this is a subtle act of violence. 

Hmmm. That struck me.

The entity ‘the self’ is violence. Important to see that fact. 

@Nahm @Nahm I work for a small corporation and am in a position to witness and participate in a lot of lying and cut-throat behavior.  I know this is how business and the world at large works, but it can be pretty soul-crushing at times.  I should be thankful I even have a job and live in the developed world.  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

@Serotoninluv I appreciate your honesty there Serotonin.  It's not always easy being awake, but it's by far better than the alternative.

@Slade That's basically what it comes down to isn't it?  It's so simple and timeless yet is almost purposefully overlooked and ignored.

@WildeChilde I can relate to working in business, but I don’t relate to participating in lying and cut throat behaviors. Can you share more? What is the lying you’re having to do about? Lying to coworkers, employer, customers? I have been in business for 30 years. I have found people with integrity, honesty, kind & genuine people, are the best leaders and are the hardest to find and most sought after (of course some analytical mind & long term thinking are needed too).    I’m speculating, but, maybe it’s the specific industry you’re in? Maybe it’s the company you’re working at? 

I wonder if you’d be better off working for yourself. Sounds like you’re getting a lot of exposure to the environment you don’t want, which I think is very useful in knowing what you do want. 

One of my companies is an insurance agency. Insurance sales is right up there with lawyers & politicians, and far as people’s preconceived notions of scamming , lying, cheating, etc. This is the perfect scenario though, I find, because when someone senses I actually care about them and their well being, they tend to stick with you, and tell others. I’m not saying this to toot my own horn, but to express, there might be a goldmine within your own day to day that is a matter of perspective and authenticity. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I have family members involved so I don't want to disclose too much, but I think you're right.  It's just a part of the industry I'm in and the business culture surrounding it.  A large aspect of it is working with foreigners with to the Western mind would be considered an unorthodox set of values and way of operating in the world.  I shouldn't be generalizing business as a whole because of my limited experience.  I'll figure something out; it's just going to take some time and honest self-reflection.  Thank you Nahm.

@pluto For a minute there I thought that was The Dude.  I really liked that last bit too; sometimes you have to have been in the same situation to know how to make it better for the person.