Alex14

Any tips for teens getting started on this?

9 posts in this topic

Any advice or experiences to share for teens? I discovered Actualized.org (about 1.5 years ago) I wouldn’t consider my self new to this. It’s hard to talk to anyone about this, or to take advantage of psychedelics, or to find calm and alone time to meditate, etc.

If you can meditate for 30 minutes per day, you open all options for yourself down the line.  Get that habit wired now.  Meditation is opening the first door to Enlightenment.  People that don't meditate daily are shortchanging themselves in this work.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

50 minutes ago, Outer said:

Take psychedelics when you're not expecting a major life event within 2 years, like new job, school, relationship or other significant events.

So, never? 

Want the best psychedelic? Raw Cacao Beans.

Focus the breath on Achilles' heel and see wonders.

Blessings

It is certainly possible to get yourself a meditation and reading habit. You just have to find your balance.

I worked my way up at 16 years old from 20 minutes of meditation to now at 18 years old 1 hour of meditation and 30 minutes of self-inquiry daily.

Just find times you have open in the day to meditate. For me, immediately in the morning is the best, but that can be different for you.

Make a 100% commitment when you plan to make this habit stick. If you don’t fully commit, your mind starts playing games with you and tries to make use of that part of you that is not fully committed. This can sabotage your practice.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Stop seeking answers to your problems from others and learn how to identify problems/solutions on your own. 

Edited by Faceless

Meditation habit indeed.

And you can do self-inquiry all the time, very helpful, can be very exciting/fun too.

And truly know that you know nothing, you do not know who you are!, that maybe should spike some interest in finding out.

@Outer Still live with my mother. How could I find time to try them. Any one who I trust to trip sit me is too “immature “ (spiritually talking) and he is going to distract me or panic. Probably won’t be able to take them at home alone.