Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Media wants every group to hate each other! Stop all consumption?

11 posts in this topic

I'm not going to be bitter and angry. I going to win this inner fight. 

Problem is I become angry and sad as soon as I open any news site from my country. 

I better stop reading all together? At the same time I like to know what's going on in the world and in my country. 

Problem is that media want every group to hate each other, men, women, blacks, whites, young, old, immigrants, natives etcetera. 

I don''t understand why media do the "divide and conquer" technic but that's all they care about! 

Every group shall hate every one else. Then they're satisfied. Negativity is what these news site are breathing.  

Folding up to ten? Or still consume a little? 

Thanks! :) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden It's fueled by money and corporate interests, which are money.

But avoiding news is also not a viable option. You need to be an informed citizen. The better alternative is to subscribe to high quality news sources, serious publications rather than flimsy partisan ones, and to read books by serious authors and investigative journalists. There are many great books which expose the problems with society and government in a way which you will never see or hear on TV.

Democracy hinges on a well-educated populace. Which is precisely why we see the current "fake news" epidemic and Russian disinformation campaigns.

This problem is going to get worse before it gets better, so now is the time to increase the quality of your news sources.

The next decade is going to be rocky as far as disinformation goes, so brace yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Use the same unattached observer technique of inner work while viewing media, it surely can be disheartening and frustrating with what is going on but when viewed through that spiritual perspective it's almost comical if it weren't causing so much distress in people.

The media learned that pandering to the identity politics of us vs them made them more money than unbiased reporting does so they will eagerly cause emotional distress to get paid and act like they are noble in doing so.

Or just not give them the eyeballs at all by finding sources that don't profit off of inciting misery, maybe just not look at it at all.

Edited by SOUL

The more unplugged you can be from media the better.  Stay away from the news and from politics. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Outer @Joseph Maynor @SOUL @Leo Gura @Mighty Mouse

Thank you guys! 

It's great to have a place to ask these questions and you see what I mean without explaining any further. 

Many people are caught up in the drama, or think that identity politics and aversion between groups are natural. 

The most serious thing about media is how it affect collective consciousness for the worse. 

Even if I manage to detached completely. I still get "robbed" of all good meetings with people because the shared consciousness is suspicious and egoic instead of open, happy, compassionate.

We as self-actualized people need to use strategies not to be affected by toxic media.

Imagine the people in general, they don't even see the low consciousness mechanics media use, they just react and adopt to the narratives media put up.

And soon we all start to hate each other, ourselves and thinks we will not survive without government and strong power structures. 

Thats the goal with "divide and conquer" strategy. 

It's frustrating, because this world could be a paradise.

But right know we are wired to think deep bliss, intense compassion, strong love and complete happiness are naive traits in society.

It would be judged as mania. It's not mania, it's normal, perfectly normal. 

It's completely natural to us to feel deep peace, bliss and joy. To view the whole world as sheer beauty. 

But we are kidnapped, rewired with negativity. Media and authorities own us. Thats sad! 

Love you guys, thanks for your respond! 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

The only thing news does is to fill your mind with subjects to debate.

There is zero substance in them ( it's just beliefs, you don't experience any of it), and you never need it to have meaningful conversations.

People will think you're weird, but who cares ...

I stopped one year ago, and I've never been happier.

Your choice.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Words! 

Thats my biggest cause of hate in me. 

I've no problem to drop all media and never consume it more. 

But the fact that my happiness and openness will be considering weird by other people because of what media does to them are so frustrating. 

Our species are hijacked of its natural peace and happiness. 

Shin, I will tell you something, why I end up here. I had my own business, I wasn't dependent on society. I started to unfollow media, not because I saw it as toxic,

I was just drunk with life and my interests. I loved music, humor, outdoor activities, classic movies, skiing, trekking, cycling. 

People start viewed me as too happy I thought. People liked me and all of them wanted my company, to be friends with them.

But it was also like they saw me as naive or something. And I felt naive also. I felt like I didn't penetrate society. I didn't know anything they talked about and debated. It seem so boring, I couldn't understand the importance of it. 

I start to think I was self absorbed or narcissistic or something. That my happiness was because of that. Then I start investigate it. 

And this is so sad. I'm very dedicated when I decide to do something. I find that I was FAR from integrated in collective consciousness so to speak. No wonder I felt slightly naive. I thought I lacked character and that my happiness was due to mania or something. 

Anyway, I find out that it was IMPOSSIBLE to adopt and become an integrated part of conventional consciousness/society without FEAR and ANGER!!!

Can you imagine, I couldn't bring unselfishness, happiness and open-mindedness into it. I started to create fear and anger out of nowhere, just because my dedication to understand society and media in its core. 

And here I am. I got my answers, I've seen it all now. All the structures, all mechanics behind society/media/politics. 

It's fair to say it's hell. This is the devil.

Price was high, now I can transcend fear and anger again and go back to my happy and natural state of being (which is UNnatural and naive to society/media)  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

I don't follow the "informed citizen" rational for subjecting oneself to the polarized parody and outright lies of institutional proportions that are paraded as relevant. It is utterly destroying the social fabric of this country— which is the goal of those who openly aspire to that rational.

And there is a massive faction of society that is attached to outcomes, which is antithetical to enlightening activity.

Adapting to conditions impersonally in the midst of everyday ordinary situations without anyone knowing is the basic 24/7 meditation.

The most sublime truth is that there is absolutely nothing to know.

Media is rot.

Whenever sensibly biased individuals are compelled to tell me what politically poignant episode recently transpired; after they've vented, I just say I don't know anything about it, whether I do or don't; or say I've been practicing guitar a lot or have been in the mountains~ they always say that that is probably a better way to be.

It is.

And I will continue to vote at every opportunity I have, as I have my entire life~ without being attached to outcomes.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

@Shin That's such a good way to put it. People are so quick to pick up an opinion on a word before they have researched or even understood the meaning of it.

Then two people with different opinons will hear the word and respond with

"[word] is bad"

"no, [word] is good" 

in different variations, as if their lives depended on their opinion on something they don't even know what they mean by. 

13 minutes ago, Octafish said:

@Shin That's such a good way to put it. People are so quick to pick up an opinion on a word before they have researched or even understood the meaning of it.

Then two people with different opinons will hear the word and respond with

"[word] is bad"

"no, [word] is good" 

in different variations, as if their lives depended on their opinion on something they don't even know what they mean by. 

It's not just that.

News fills your head with lots of subjects, and we already have enough monkey mind to deal with to want to add 20 differents stories on top of it everyday.

There is also the "articles eating" bullshit, where you read too much articles on different topics, but those articles aren't substantials enough to have a deep understanding about anything, unless you laser focus on a certain topic.
Even that isn't enough, there needs to be books to read on top of that.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them