Thanatos13

Merely an automaton

72 posts in this topic

The problem is that you have an ego that is judging the situation. You judge that having no desire, feeling empty is bad. The false self is analizing your lifestyle and saying that's a loser's life.

Yo can achieve absolute hapiness without fulfilling desires, being successful, doing something with your life. 

You missed the basics, meditation to get rid of the ego, and be anywhere elese but in the now.

48 minutes ago, Moreira said:

The problem is that you have an ego that is judging the situation. You judge that having no desire, feeling empty is bad. The false self is analizing your lifestyle and saying that's a loser's life.

Yo can achieve absolute hapiness without fulfilling desires, being successful, doing something with your life. 

You missed the basics, meditation to get rid of the ego, and be anywhere elese but in the now.

Incorrect, in so many ways.

Its clear to me that no one knows what they are talking about or how to give advice. Just airy nonsense. I don’t know why I bothered in the first place.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Thanatos13 You haven’t seen shit yet. That’s why you’re afraid. I know the void well. Don’t tell me about the void.? You did psychedelics, tasted the barrier / void. That’s huge, but you stopping working on yourself, because you think you saw the whole show. You did not. You’re not going to see beyond that void without doing the innerwork like the rest of us. Smart does not count for shit on this map. Let that go. Right does not count for shit either, it’s the very thing that prevents you. If you weren’t intellectualizing the hell out of things, I think you’d realize that the path has always been within. The work to be done, is clearing the path WITHIN. That thing you fuckin hate in your life.  -    pull your head outta your ass, put the rage against the machine on, and get it going. GET GOING. 

In other posts this would sound boastful, but I’ve been to the void many times in just the last year. I have been ‘beyond’ it. I know the territory you’re having trouble with. I’m trying to give a map. Take note, I am asking for nothing in return. No church to join, no charity to donate to, and I obviously don’t give a shit wether you think I’m “right” or not. LOL!  Think about that. What possible motive could I have??? Love is nothing to fear. Not if you’re going to get this done. 

You got out of Kansas, but you never made it to Oz, let alone, to see the wizard. There is SO much more. You can’t go to Oz with bags of shit. You do the work, the practices every day. You don’t slouch, you learn, every day. If you need to cry, then cry. If you need a punching bag go get one. But, get going dude. Our clocks are ticking.

You are speaking nothing but nonsense. You clearly have not seen or felt the void.

55 minutes ago, StephenK said:

I agree. I think everyone who is engaging with Thanatos in this thread has had very real experiences of this mind-state we refer to as the 'void' or 'dark night'. For me it was brought on without the use of psychedelics. The biggest insight for me was that the experience of the void is just that: an experience. 

They have not. If you feel anything other than despair then you haven’t seen the void or felt it. 

@StephenK Yeah, me to?, through meditation. It’s delightful. I thought “this is IT!”. Lol.   Later through meditation, I experienced the ‘oneness’ I though OMG “THIS IS IT!”...then experiences later revealed to me that in hindsight, I was really just finding the dance floor. Later...still practicing.....then...we’ll...I experienced a completely different IT, and IT is IT, no questions left on the absolute, the real me, real you. The void is not thins @Thanatos13 . The void is some drunk chick walking down the road pointing out the dance hall to you. She don’t know nothin, but who cares, you’re here right? 

@Thanatos13 If someone asks you what IT is, what the end all no fuckin doubt about it grand mother F’n finale’ is....and you’re not laughing your ass off...then you don’t get the joke yet, and you have SO much more to experience. Don’t listen to highly intelligent people who make amazing cases for the void as the absolute. It’s not. They don’t know. Just straight up ask them what they’ve experienced. They’ll either keep intellectualizing, or all of a sudden have something they need to go do. Maya is at it’s best in OZ, do not be fooled.  This is because they are in the exact same tough place you’re in right now, minus the balls to be open and talk about it. Good for you man. Now lighten up! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Thanatos13 You tripped with no foundation, no practices behind it. You tried to experience the absolute with baggage. Doesn’t work that way. You tripped in 1st grade when you should have went to school and tripped in 12th grade, so to speak. Get over it man. You’re not winning any prize self loathing. Just procrastinating. Good luck. It’s worth any sweat, blood and tears. Good luck

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@StephenK Yeah, me to?, through meditation. It’s delightful. I thought “this is IT!”. Lol.   Later through meditation, I experienced the ‘oneness’ I though OMG “THIS IS IT!”...then experiences later revealed to me that in hindsight, I was really just finding the dance floor. Later...still practicing.....then...we’ll...I experienced a completely different IT, and IT is IT, no questions left on the absolute, the real me, real you. The void is not thins @Thanatos13 . The void is some drunk chick walking down the road pointing out the dance hall to you. She don’t know nothin, but who cares, you’re here right? 

@Thanatos13 If someone asks you what IT is, what the end all no fuckin doubt about it grand mother F’n finale’ is....and you’re not laughing your ass off...then you don’t get the joke yet, and you have SO much more to experience. Don’t listen to highly intelligent people who make amazing cases for the void as the absolute. It’s not. They don’t know. Just straight up ask them what they’ve experienced. They’ll either keep intellectualizing, or all of a sudden have something they need to go do. Maya is at it’s best in OZ, do not be fooled.  This is because they are in the exact same tough place you’re in right now, minus the balls to be open and talk about it. Good for you man. Now lighten up! 

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you think it’s a dance floor then you are gravely mistaken. That’s were you stop. 

Once the you see past the joke you get to the despair. If you find anything positive about the void then you are stuck in the mind, trying to shield you from what man wasn’t meant to see.

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Thanatos13 You tripped with no foundation, no practices behind it. You tried to experience the absolute with baggage. Doesn’t work that way. You tripped in 1st grade when you should have went to school and tripped in 12th grade, so to speak. Get over it man. You’re not winning any prize self loathing. Just procrastinating. Good luck. It’s worth any sweat, blood and tears. Good luck

See the thing about trips is that they aren’t anything jut drug induced hallucinations. But because they feel like something you think they mean something. 

Wheb you truly strip all of it away you see existence for what it is, and the only word close enough to describe it is dread.

@Thanatos13 You justify this depressed state with the realization of a void, and everybody who is trying to give you another interpretation which is not as depressive as yours, is clearly just kidding himself and has not seen the same "void" as you. It is just a justification of victimized status, using the following reasoning: "I have seen something that others have not seen, so they are just naive and not able to understand that I am indeed correct with my nihilistic and pessimistic outlook on life" and "If they have seen what I have seen and not share the same feelings, they must be kidding themselves".

Your mind is tricking you. You have not reached the end. 

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you think it’s a dance floor then you are gravely mistaken. That’s were you stop. 

Once the you see past the joke you get to the despair. If you find anything positive about the void then you are stuck in the mind, trying to shield you from what man wasn’t meant to see.

@Thanatos13 It's a farse! It's a lie! It's nothingness! it's pointless, meaningless, and futille! All of this is lie, the love and hate you have for others is a farse, your memories hold no water, your friends aren't real, it is pure emptiness with nothing to truly justify it. Even your despair is a lie, how can you not see that, you are playing a character who thinks he has gotten there and is seeing the horror, the twist is there is no character and there is nothing to see here! 

See the thing about trips is that they aren’t anything jut drug induced hallucinations. But because they feel like something you think they mean something. 

Wheb you truly strip all of it away you see existence for what it is, and the only word close enough to describe it is dread.

If I got a penny for each time Irony was present in this forum I could buy Leo a wig and mildly convince him to wear it

Look, i'm not defending psycs, but what makes you think your experience is any more real than the drugs? Sure, it feels like despair, but by your own logic...do I even need to finish?

6 minutes ago, Echoes said:

@Thanatos13 You justify this depressed state with the realization of a void, and everybody who is trying to give you another interpretation which is not as depressive as yours, is clearly just kidding himself and has not seen the same "void" as you. It is just a justification of victimized status, using the following reasoning: "I have seen something that others have not seen, so they are just naive and not able to understand that I am indeed correct with my nihilistic and pessimistic outlook on life" and "If they have seen what I have seen and not share the same feelings, they must be kidding themselves".

Your mind is tricking you. You have not reached the end. 

Sadly I wish the mind was tricking me, but it is trying to make me forget what I experienced. 

The flaw in spirituality is that it is influenced by bias. Anyone can claim to see “it”, yet there is no standard for what “it” is. You assume it’s a good thing that lies at the end, but what if nihilism (or our word for it) is the truth and your experience of the claimed “it” is merely an illusion? You...don’t....know. 

I briefly experienced egolessness, then bliss, and then beyond that the gaping maw that surrounds and is us. I say that having been down many paths (no thanks to my mother). Meditation led me here, and I’m loathe to try again and see “that”. 

Before everyone knew the earth revolves around the sun they thought otherwise and it took one man to see it. I’m not so bold as to refer to myself as Galileo, but it’s something to keep in mind when citing personal experience or an argument based on popularity.

The assumption and bias that spirituality leads to “good” outcomes probably colors what you see. It’s likely that Buddha saw terror and out of compassion gave different methods to keep people from going too far. Who knows ultimately. 

That is why I said it was pointless to post an issue I had here because people make it about themselves and not try to find a solution.

1 minute ago, lens said:

@Thanatos13 It's a farse! It's a lie! It's nothingness! it's pointless, meaningless, and futille! All of this is lie, the love and hate you have for others is a farse, your memories hold no water, your friends aren't real, it is pure emptiness with nothing to truly justify it. Even your despair is a lie, how can you not see that, you are playing a character who thinks he has gotten there and is seeing the horror, the twist is there is no character and there is nothing to see here! 

If I got a penny for each time Irony was present in this forum I could buy Leo a wig and mildly convince him to wear it

Look, i'm not defending psycs, but what makes you think your experience is any more real than the drugs? Sure, it feels like despair, but by your own logic...do I even need to finish?

Seeing something under drugs isn’t reality but the drugs. As to your first paragraph, sorry but that simply isn’t true. 

I know plenty of people who went down the path, came back and the result wasn’t what you would find in traditional “positive” spirituality. Your bias shows, but that’s what spiritual experiences do in most cases, they reinforce other beliefs. I wish that was true for me, and everything didn’t shatter beyond fixing. 

@Thanatos13 Positivity? Did you read my post? There isn't anything positive about any of this, there is also nothing negative, care to re-read it? I'm saying for someone who thinks they figure it all out to be in a "state of despair" just shows who is running the show

3 minutes ago, Ocean said:

@Thanatos13 Can you reply to my posts please? My ego needs closure, it made up two of them.

Actually you did, it’s just you believe your “ego” did it.

13 minutes ago, lens said:

@Thanatos13 Positivity? Did you read my post? There isn't anything positive about any of this, there is also nothing negative, care to re-read it? I'm saying for someone who thinks they figure it all out to be in a "state of despair" just shows who is running the show

Those who don’t see it as a state of despair just shows who is running the show. You stop before the agony and panic, which is a natural biological mechanism.

You still can’t see it for the positivity it is.

15 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

@Thanatos13 I can tell you from first hand experience that the only thing that makes this meaninglessness unpleasant is the mechanism that keeps you reaching for something to fill the void.

You already found out that nothing can fill the void, that's why nothing sticks anymore. Now you need to see through that mechanism and distinguish it from meaninglessness itself.

It is a learned and deeply rooted habit, and it can be unlearned by seeing it clearly. I promise you, without that mechanism, meaninglessness itself doesn't feel like anything. In fact that's why it's pleasant.

That mechanism is what sucks and is what makes life a major drag. The only reason we're not normally aware of this is that it creeped up on us somewhere during childhood and it's been there ever since. But it doesn't have to be.

I’m afraid that is incorrect. There is no mechanism, that itself is the illusion. The despair felt is the reality, it’s one in the same with the void. Strip it all away and the only things left are those.

5 hours ago, Thanatos13 said:

Life feels like an empty void to me and I’m just counting the days until the enternal sleep in the end. 

I have nothing that I desire to do, mostly just habits that carry themselves out. There is no deep desire that I long for like being a musician, an artist, or a dancer, nothing that was a dream I had that got sidelined. 

It seems that no matter what I do or attempt it all just feels empty in the end, the crushing weight of nothingness around me. I don’t have dreams to follow like other people, I feel like a cold machine just moving around. I feel disconnected from the people around me who have things to live for and achieve. 

Some days I long for a mechanical body to fit what my soul is like.

Stay with that emptiness..that’s a sign that there is discontent with everything that thought has put together. U see the narrow superficial structure of thought and are not compelled to react to it because you see it’s limits and its shallow nature. Most people escape that discontent into some-thing that fills that void. That’s why one never gets that immeasurable state of nothingness. They are afraid to remain empty and therefore fill that space of fear with some form/projection of thought which they think will bring a sense of security psychologically. If you stay with that sorrow, loneliness, and fear and let it play out by not reacting ‘suppression or control’ you will see that it will start to fade. So don’t escape that emptiness. Any movement to escape is a movement of will that seeks psychological security witch only leads to disorder and prepetual conflict. Simply let conciousness empty all its contents being your fears, pleasures, desires, beliefs, and so on. By not fueling those reactions with your desire/will remain with that discontentment and don’t try to escape. Either way you can’t escape anyhow because you are not different from those desires. Once u see that fact you will remain in conflict because the reason for this conflict is the result of the division through thought that there is a difference between  “you” the controller and that which you desire to control. There is no division. This seperate you is where the confusion and conflict manifests. Do you see this? 

I would start off by not asking others for anything, because how do you known they know?  Listening to others assumptions, opinions, and ideas about what they think they know and what you don’t is never going to be any help. So don’t listen to anyone and don’t take what they suggest as any form of truth, this includes myself??‍♂️. Because truth can not be maintained by any thought/thinker/self. If you stay with that emptiness and all the conditioning and it’s content dissolves by seeing that reaction, suppression/control solves nothing, there will no longer be a self “who reacts” or that clings to that conditioning/content to sustain a state of security. Therefore no movement of will to resist what is. The resistance of what is is where the conflict arises. 

Only when the self is not truth is. Only in emptiness is there an essence or quality of truth. 

Just do your own thing friend 

17 minutes ago, Thanatos13 said:

Actually you did, it’s just you believe your “ego” did it.

Spoilsport. I hope it wasn't anything I said. All the best.

7 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Stay with that emptiness..that’s a sign that there is discontent with everything that thought has put together. U see the narrow superficial structure of thought and are not compelled to react to it because you see it’s limits and its shallow nature. Most people escape that discontent into some-thing that fills that void. That’s why one never gets that immeasurable state of nothingness. They are afraid to remain empty and therefore fill that space of fear with some form/projection of thought which they think will bring a sense of security psychologically. If you stay with that sorrow, loneliness, and fear and let it play out by not reacting ‘suppression or control’ you will see that it will start to fade. So don’t escape that emptiness. Any movement to escape is a movement of will that seeks psychological security witch only leads to disorder and prepetual conflict. Simply let conciousness empty all its contents being your fears, pleasures, desires, beliefs, and so on. By not fueling those reactions with your desire/will remain with that discontentment and don’t try to escape. Either way you can’t escape anyhow because you are not different from those desires. Once u see that fact you will remain in conflict because the reason for this conflict is the result of the division through thought that there is a difference between  “you” the controller and that which you desire to control. There is no division. This seperate you is where the confusion and conflict manifests. Do you see this? 

I would start off by not asking others for anything, because how do you known they know?  Listening to others assumptions, opinions, and ideas about what they think they know and what you don’t is never going to be any help. So don’t listen to anyone and don’t take what they suggest as any form of truth, this includes myself??‍♂️. Because truth can not be maintained by any thought/thinker/self. If you stay with that emptiness and all the conditioning and it’s content dissolves by seeing that reaction, suppression/control solves nothing, there will no longer be a self “who reacts” or that clings to that conditioning/content to sustain a state of security. Therefore no movement of will to resist what is. The resistance of what is is where the conflict arises. 

Only when the self is not truth is. Only in emptiness is there an essence or quality of truth. 

Just do your own thing friend 

Unfortunately emptiness and “no self” isn’t truth. It never was. That’s just a trick we tell ourselves. We attempt to strip everything away to get to “truth” because we think that is what truth is. But it’s not. 

When all is gone and you swim in nothingness without fear you see it isn’t the truth, it’s just another view. The same thing with ego, just another view. We seek “it” but there is no guarantee of finding it or knowing what it looks like. We use our sense but even that is flawed. 

Mots like looking at a video game and seeing colored lights blinking, or at a movie and just seeing actors, you don’t see the reality. 

Stripping it all alway doesn’t get you truth or the absolute, just a different lens to look through. But we are so convinced that the lens is correct instead of seeing it for what it is. 

To say reality is empty is wrong. Whatever “reality” really is, we won’t ever see it, just different views of it.

14 minutes ago, Thanatos13 said:

The despair felt is the reality, it’s one in the same with the void. Strip it all away and the only things left are those.

This is just utter narcissism on your part. You've dropped reasoning things through and are now just appealing to your illusory personal authority on the matter, no different to a self proclaimed guru. Your game is transparent and everyone can see it. Wake up man.