Thanatos13

Merely an automaton

72 posts in this topic

His ego is so resistant that whenever somebody tries to help him to erradicate the toxic self he disqualify every argument to stay the same.

1 hour ago, Moreira said:

His ego is so resistant that whenever somebody tries to help him to erradicate the toxic self he disqualify every argument to stay the same.

I don't know why but I find you very very funny I am laughing my guts out 

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@Thanatos13 You will achieve Nietzsche's fate without  the bulk of his greatness

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

10 hours ago, StephenK said:

but I guess climaxing was always the point of masturbating...

10 hours ago, StephenK said:

Wow, such great wisdom. I guess you should get that tattooed on your forehead. Truly profound stuff.

Logic is bound up in human communication. We are zero's and ones when we talk (pure logic, or in the case of some, attempts). Talking about what is outside of logic is impossible. For me included. Good luck.

Masturbation? Actually releasing one's grip/grasp just at the point of climax is the point. You missed that, along with Reality. Read the Tibetan tantric texts and see that there is a pathway which requires placing the mind into full Equanimity and releasing the craving. POW!!!!! That takes bravery, and surrender, not logic. I don't want to win...    therefore everything is ok friend. I enjoy discourse now and again, and really I hope I didn't upset you, for reals.

Materialism is great and super useful (in the lab, and on the chalkboard/Hawking et al.).  You can figure out lots of correlations about relative things and stuff, and it's useful. Any Quantum Cosmologist worth their salt knows that Positivism means that the only thing "Science" has to touch Reality with is a theory (no substrate below that for science -- oops, snap). The game is propping up or tearing down theories. Observation is subservient to this. We both know this, Hawking knows this, Sagan knew it, and was a rich Mystic (look at the last chapter of the book Contact -- not the simplistic movie attempt/fail).

When you have experienced Kensho 100's of times since you were 4, you don't have to talk out your ass, your mouth does just fine. Until then, I welcome your wonderful perspective and angry sense of intellectual entitlement along with the way I sound right now, lowering myself to this discourse to try and give an oracle to a someone still rooted in a personal matrix.

Peace.

StephenK,

>Skeptics of all kinds are needed.

In the lab/field, yes. 

>On the path of realization "Skeptical Doubt" is a defilement. A biggie. Real big one. In fact it blocks Samadhi directly and anyone who has attained even light Access Concentration knows this.

That doesn't mean I win anything, I can't win. How could a fantasy of personality win anything? These are just trusims. You and I aren't the best of communicators and we both sometime (apparently, or at least in my case) forget to place Compassion first. I am catching myself in this here. Just sharing, that's all. Perhaps I was a bit harsh with the "flatlander" junk, but this is a Leo forum, and Spiritual Ego ubber alles, or something, right?

Lets place fun first and realization can just continue to deepen forever organically.

Good luck dhamma friend, and I will keep on eye on my imaginary dirt as I have faith that you will as well.

"god bless"

M

@Thanatos13 The space of nothingness has no self, no fear, no suffering, no frustration, no despair, no power, no control. From it surfaces alive-ness, which then disappears back into the emptiness. 

No-thing and every-thing. 

Fresh snow suddenly appeared here. Off to go cross country skiing with a dear friend. . . 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Thanatos13 The space of nothingness has no self, no fear, no suffering, no frustration, no despair, no power, no control. From it surfaces alive-ness, which then disappears back into the emptiness. 

No-thing and every-thing. 

Fresh snow suddenly appeared here. Off to go cross country skiing with a dear friend. . . 

Very cool. Enjoy!!! I'm jealous as all get-out. Here where I live it's sloshy rain, 25 degrees, and a little sleet now and again. 

I'll now say publicly what I said to StephenK in message:

Sorry.

I'm not always the greatest communicator, as Compassion is still being awakened and is not at mastery (obviously).

I suck at communication often both verbally and in written form, and harsh speech (or its impression) results.

I'm here to share and learn and hopefully contribute, but not add stress. I'm getting old, and never was very skilled at forum use, hence this double post (which is supposed to be a no-no, right?). 

I hope any who felt stress upon reading my attempts can find a way to forgive, if not for my sake, for the sake of development.

Sincerely,

M

2 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. ;)

Come on! :D lighten up! Get the joke! It's just a little fun, that's the whole point.

Drop that heavy burden...

"Why so serious?" -- Some joker

You clearly had an intention to belittle. But spin your story if you want to I guess. Cheers.