Alien

I dont want to meditate... But i do want to

13 posts in this topic

@Leo GuraSounds weird but i can't bring myself to start meditation or self inquiry. Ive been keeping a lot of notes on Evernote lately and doing that good but i just cant start although i want to. I always think "oh weeell you know when school starts you wont find the time, bla bla bla". I had a habit of a mix i guess you could say between inquiry and meditation. But i think after i had this experience where "my self" was caught for the first time and it was weird and scary as shit, i stopped to do meditation on a dayli bases 

How do i develop that again where ive fallen of for a long time? 

I can relate with that. There's always conflicting desires in us, even for stuff we supposedly want most.

You can try contemplating your fears.

You can try creating a new compelling vision of why you're meditating in the first place.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura i will definitely have to do something to get started again. Deep down, this work is like really the only thing i want to do and make a living from it in some Form. There is nothing else that grabs my attention this much as all of this work. But somehow I get still distracted 

@Alien It’s the ‘make a living from it’ thoughts. You’re makin one 15 minute meditation as big as your life purpose. Can’t do that man, it’ll snap ya right outta the now. Gotta snap back in! 

That’s the baggage, or resistant thinking. Let that go completely. See that meditation is paradoxical, in that, when you drop the attachment of making money from meditation, spirituality, waking folks up in general - then - I’m be damned, that, is exactly where meditation will take you. Meditate just for the awesomeness of clearing your head, do it simply for the now of it, just to be present.

The answer, is in a big way, always to let go of what we want. Later on, yet soon enough, it strolls into our lives. Universe is funny. 

Feels good to let go of that mental baggage, right? 

Hell ya it does.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm i guess you're right. Kinda, work on the things you want, but don't think so much about them all the time 

4 hours ago, Alien said:

@Leo GuraSounds 

It's precisely because you really want it that you are struggling.

You'll always face resistance, always.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Alien Anything you’ll ever want or do, is because you think it will make you feel better, be happier. Don’t fall for the thinking! You can feel better and be happier right now, and then enjoy the shit out of everything you do. Might need to slow down any thinking which suggests otherwise. Meditation will do that in spades.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The ego is so fucking sneaky, it deserves a medal. Meditation and the pursuit of truth takes extraordinary vision and desire. As Leo mentioned, try to seriously create a vision (decades ahead or something). Like me, you have stumbled on meditation when you're still in school. consider yourself lucky. How would your life be like if you meditated for 50 years starting today? The end goal of meditation is to ultimately promise heaven. Off course the ego doesn't give a shit because it wants to stay alive. 

You don't want to meditate, yet you know deep down that its the ''right'' thing to do and so in a sense, theres a tug of war happening. That process is indeed a part of the path. You will slack of and come back, again and again until one day you look back and think ''fuck, I just wasted 5 years...''

That will definitely lift your ass up from that couch ;)    or not..

I would also like to add, that psychedelics may be a useful tool for clearing out some bullshit. If done responsibly, they can give you a tiny little dose of ''OMG THIS CAN NOT FUCKING BE''. This experience can definitely make someone realize the significance of this path :D

3 hours ago, Amino_o said:

That will definitely lift your ass up from that couch ;)    or not..

Easier Just to pull the legs up in the couch and turn the tv off ?

But seriously. Get out of bed 15 min earlier and try it for a week, good way to start the day.. dont go «oh but leo says i have to medidate 5000hrs to be enlightened so now i have to meditate 5hrs a day to get there in three years»  Start with baby steps and open the door, the rest comes along soon enough

Edited by Berjohansen

The ego likes comfort zones, you must starve the ego.

B R E A T H E