YaMayka

3rd eye opening

8 posts in this topic

I think I figured out what happened to me during my weird meditation experience - I figure I must have my 3rd eye open and I practised vision through it. I must confess that it sounds a bit abstract to me at the moment because a few days ago the concept of chakras was a bit on the x-files side to me, if you know what I mean, but I am open minded and it sounds like the most reasonable (hello reason :D) explanation to me. I am afraid that is too new a territory to me and the experience scared me because I was not aware of potential consequences of my actions - didn't want to get myself into some trouble just out of ignorance, so I backed off.

A few months or maybe even a year before a read about a pineal gland and watched a video - apparently it is very likely to have it calcified in adulthood. I have these annoying migraines and they are often linked to quality of my sleep so I had this idea that maybe they are somehow linked to levels of melatonin and it might be a good idea to decalcify my pineal gland (I just assumed it was - no scan was done). So I bought MSM, chlorella, boron and started to consume them - I continue to intake MSM and chlorella till now. After some time I got my dreams back - before I was not dreaming as often as in my youth - now I dream every day. Anyway - I just though it might give some background to my story.

Then I had the experience with meditation - you can read what happened (weird meditation experience) I got to the stage when my heart was pounding, I could see the room illuminated - my vision shifted twice - maybe it is possible to go farther, I was a bit afraid to go, my body (ego?) was frightened. I would love to know more about it before I go farther but I feel so ignorant, so stupid that I don't know where to start. I want to be at least a bit prepared for what's coming. I thought I would just have a "boring" meditation... Please - tell me what is next? Is it safe?

I have a good kundalini/chakra book on my book list which would be worth reading.

I will add more in the future too.

Yes, there can be some dangers with opening chakras, especially if you're unaware of what to expect. Opening the 3rd eye often comes with seeing auras, siddhis, and other weird spiritual phenomena which could freak people out if they don't expect it.

Overall I think it's all positive stuff. You just have to learn to integrate these awakenings properly with your regular life, which can be tricky.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

Hi Friend,

Once Again. I Have Some More To Share.

Chakras Are The Foundations Around The Way In Which The Manifest (The Body) Is Formed. Chakras And Awareness                                        (Awareness = Being, Opposite Of Knowledge, Supervisor of Knowledge) Come Together.  The Reason Chakras Are Blocked Is Due To ILLUSION. Is Due To Disrupting The Mind's Natural Equilibrium. The Reason ILLUSION blocks Chakras Is Because ILLUSION( Trapped Knowledge) Restricts Awareness. Therefore, The More Blocked The Chakras, The Less Awareness. The Less Ability To Generate POWER (The source of Thought).

Kundalini Is Macro Chakra. It Forces Awareness. This is not always Beneficial. Awareness can be Aware of Illusion Or TRUTH. ILLUSION Kundalini will Destroy you. Also, Forced Kundalini is very Witholding and can damage the cells due to conflict between energies with the cells. Kundalini Is Accumulated within the base of the Spine, It is a very Powerful Cosmic energy. 

Hope This Helps.

@Stefano Provenzi I know you didn't ask me, my here's my 2 cents. IF the assumption that yogananda made is true, that Jesus himself practiced kriya yoga, then I think it would definitely be a good practice to do. Then again, some people say Jesus didn't exist, but was written in as an allegory, so who knows? 

@Stefano Provenzi Yeah that's a good question... Although I believe I have read somewhere that the act of spinal breathing will  do the work for you... although you should also work on the psychological aspects of each chakra in your daily life. 

10 hours ago, Stefano Provenzi said:

Hi @Leo Gura

I'm reading the books about kriya and kundalini, but I find differences, especially in the way they go about awakening and rising the kundalini energy, from the bottom chakra.

I know that different schools have different methods, but still, were you able to make sense of it?

Kriya has a more intentional and almost physical way of pulling the energy up. While the book on kundalini seems to suggest a more passive and devotional approach.

What's your take?

There are dozens of different yogic schools. They all have different ways of working with the chakras and kundalini. They are often contradictory. They don't even all agree on the number of chakras. You gotta pick a school and stick to it. Mixing and matching different yogic systems is a bad idea. You'll confuse yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Does this third eye advance to a fourth and fifth? What about the sixth ?