JackL

What rituals (if any) do you do before a trip?

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

So today I feel like I have taken a step in my self-actualisation journey and bought 15g of Hollandia truffles.  

To give a small bit of background:

I found Leo just after I finished University in 2016 and like many others, he saved me an incredible amount of time understanding the rules of the game and how to play the game. On top of that, early last year, I found Vedic meditation, a technique which took my meditation to a whole new level; including an awesome teacher who has also really helped me speed up my journey. 

I have been debating as to whether to take psychedelics since listening to Leo's first trip report. I remember being mind-blown and was like holy fuck I want to do the same! It got me so excited. I have taken pills and other drugs back in the days of partying but never in a self-development setting and not since stepping up my meditation game. 

I feel something stopped me in 2017 because it was coming from a place of impatience. I just wanted the 'cool' experience rather than focusing on what can I learn and how can I integrate this experience into my day to day life.  

Now I feel like I have done enough groundwork to be able to integrate the trip. (The latest videos from Leo certainly helped my decision:P

The main point of this post is to ask if anyone has any 'rituals' before the trip? What do you do to get the most out of it? 

At the moment my plan is to: 

• Set a clear intention to allow my self to learn and surrender to whatever comes.  
  • Meditate  
  • Joyful dance  

What 'rituals' (if any) do you do that you have found helpful? 

Thank you!

@JackL

• eat clean. Take em on a pretty empty stomach. Have a banana and water at the ready. 
  • Have a back up movie ready just incase it becomes helpful. I recommend Christmas Vacation,The Zoo Keeper w Kevin James and Trolls. Lol.
  • Be letting everything go for days before as best you can. (Thought attachment wise)
  • Watch the double slit video on YouTube a few times each day before the trip.
  • Take care of little things you’ve been putting off
  • Be kind to everyone, especially people you typically don’t even notice or pay mind to. 
  • Give your best ‘inner self talking’, your absolute best, leading up tot he trip
  • Make sure the environment is safe. 
  • Write a note that says “You took a psychedelic, nothing’s wrong with you, don’t call the police.” In case you need a reminder.
  • Have a sober trip sitter, but be in a room alone for most of the trip. Another’s presence has more effect than we tend to realize that it does. 
  • The ground is grounding. If you need to feel more solid, it’s ok to lay on the floor and just let go completely. 
  • Taking too much vs going gradual can set you back and rock the foundation. 
  • Do not feed the lightening orbs, no matter how kind they are.
  • Look in the mirror as long as you can. WIll probably only take eight seconds or so.
  • Write a trip report!

My estimate is that we all get EXACTLY what we need on a trip. The question is are we able to understand it, and then real-ize it. We experience the perfection of the flow we were in all along. There are no bad trips, if we are open minded, fully a student to the tool, and can put our preferences aside. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@JackL If youre tripping inside, clean up as much as you can. It helps (me atleast) get a grip over myself and a sense of control and calm comes over me before the trip.

I am quite a messy person so this is helpful thanks! 

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

@JackL

• Write a note that says “You took a psychedelic, nothing’s wrong with you, don’t call the police.” In case you need a reminder.

Haha thank you for all the advice. Though I feel I have enough understanding to not need to do this. It was more asking for trip rituals then advice for psychedelic noobs. 

:)

Edited by JackL

I find that sacrificing a few virgins helps to calm the mind 

Over time, as my tripping technique has refined, I've found that the only thing really necessary is:

Totally quiet & safe setting, zero obligations, empty stomach, courage, and after you take the substance: sit perfectly still, concentrate on the present moment, and surrender.

Always start each new substance at a lose dose.

Meditating before-hand helps to prepare the mind. You want to get all your personal stuff out of the way so you can go deep into existential questioning.

If the trip starts to get hairy, just remind yourself to surrender and get more curious about reality rather than your petty personal issues or feelings.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Over time, as my tripping technique has refined, I've found that the only thing really necessary is:

Totally quiet & safe setting, zero obligations, empty stomach, courage, and after you take the substance: sit perfectly still, concentrate on the present moment, and surrender.

Meditating before-hand helps to prepare the mind. You want to get all your personal stuff out of the way so you can go deep into existential questioning.

If the trip starts to get hairy, just remind yourself to surrender and get more curious about reality rather than your petty personal issues or feelings.

Thank you that's helpful.

I was planning on taking the whole 15g - I think I have assumed that because they are truffles I will be fine to take the whole dose. Though I have the feeling its that kind of attitude which will get me skull fucked. I will have to wing it and see how I feel on the day.  

-_-

Meditate. Know what you want out of it. Lay on my bed and relax. Wait for the trip to come. I try little microdoses before hand then i try the big boy dose. 

On 1/29/2018 at 3:51 PM, Leo Gura said:

I need an advice before taking LSD, I bought 2,... 150ug and the other one is 300, How long before I eat 300ug if I eat first the 150ug? ..... Give me an advice for taking LSD, should I ask questions? While I'm tripping, if that's so what questions are important.. I want an advice because I don't want to be lost in a trap... you said that LSD is good for consciousness so what should I do? To effectively use that in a right way

On 29/01/2018 at 2:24 AM, Nahm said:

• Do not feed the lightening orbs, no matter how kind they are

What's up with those ?

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Lynnel I’d tell ya, but it’s too shocking.

That is also my question ? What is that? ?