Uncover

Video games, social media, depression, girls?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, 

What are your thoughts about video games and social media? Are they really bad? 

I started playing League of Legends two months ago and I have no skill, but I can't stop playing. I deleted the game several times and just reinstalled it. I want to delete it again but I would just reinstall it. It just makes me frustrated and angry. 

And when I see on social media all  the super ideal lives others are living I start to pity myself and the frustration strenghtents.  I think I might even be depressed. I've lost sight of joy in anything. I don't feel like doing anything. 

I tried to approach girls but it just won't work out. And when I finaly got a date I just left because I was scared (22 virgin). Frustration level 9999! I'm 22, I think it's too late to even try. It's no point. I would just ruin everything. I always looked for that ideal girl and settled for nothing less. 10 years ago I had my first "crush", I worshipped her more that I worshipped God. Greatest obsession I ever had. I would search for her anywhere and do anything just to see her face. That obsession staied with me till 3 years ago even thought she left the country 5 years ago.  Three years ago I fell in love with another girl, she friendzoned me. Two months ago I fell for another, she friedzoned me. I fell in love, or these might be just my hormons bursting out when meeting that ideal girl? Answer is simple, mother nature power.

Regards   

@Uncover It sounds like you have some serious problems dude. I mean there’s kids starving to death in Africa, I thought that was bad. But you’re addicted to league of legends!? Wow, you have my condolences for sure bro. ? I watched a video the other day about how the cartel in Mexico has destroyed towns, killing and raping women and children. That shit blew my mind, but you’re too scared to practice approaching girls? I thought life was hard in Mexico but it sounds like you really have it bad man. ? 

Of course I’m teasing but I hope you see the irony in this. Get off your ass and start reading books! Take control of your life! You can do anything. I don’t even know you but I do know that you’re capable of so much more than you believe. 

@Uncover Our culture these days is very toxic, materialistic, and dysfunctional. Video games contribute a lot to that. They ruin your ability to be do consciousness work quite badly. When your mind is addicted to mental stimulation, like video games, how can you sit and contemplate life? How can you meditate? How can you do yoga? How can you self-reflect? It will be too boring. Your mind will be craving easy entertainment like crack.

I would suggest you apply mindfulness to your video game habit and notice how ultimately unfulfilling it is. The pleasure is hollow. There's no real satisfaction to be had there. Even the very best video game gets boring and lame after a week or two. And then what are you left with? Boredom and suffering.

Start to notice this larger meta-pattern. That will help you to ween yourself off games. You are 22 years old. It's time to grow up. You should be focused 100% on building your life, your career, your skillset, your relationships, and developing your consciousness. The time for games is over.

Life IS the ultimate game! Master IT. The joys of mastering life are beyond anything any video game can offer you. But it's a mature kind of joy. Not the sugary joy of video games.

Try starting a daily meditation practice. Notice how difficult it will be for you.

As far as girls go, you need to expose yourself to massive experience with girls to fix that problem. Look into pickup, but be careful not to buy too much into the dogma. The key for you is to be going out every weekend and talking to lots of girls. That will auto-correct many issues as far as dating goes. Stop looking for 1 girl and start learning how to attract all girls in general.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When you meet a girl she become your source of hapìness, you are obsessed and needy so you worship her thinking that this will make her attracted but it's repulsive.

You have oneitis. Dont put your eggs in one basket. Try to meet 5 girls and then you wont end up obsessed with the only source of pleaseure.

The less needy the less friendzoned you'll be, because you'll have options. And remember to take the lead, initiative, and dont hide your desires.

Even if you're shy, virgin, you have to show sexual interest, dont be ashamed.

@Leo Gura Well said! You helped me realise this for myself 2 years ago...I would listen to your lectures while playing League of Legends lol! Since then I've quit video games and I'm on a much better path towards true fulfilment...thanks!

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Uncover You better delete that fucking game this second and throw out your fucking computer.  That game sucked 3000 hours of my life that I will never get back. (but hey...at least I got to platinum division  LOL)  Delete all your social media apps too...that's a waste of time too.

I cant tell you how many times I had to delete the game only to reinstall it because its so addicting. 

Man up dude. I was 16 years old when I decided to quit for good.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

On 1/22/2018 at 3:32 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Uncover Our culture these days is very toxic, materialistic, and dysfunctional. Video games contribute a lot to that. They ruin your ability to be do consciousness work quite badly. When your mind is addicted to mental stimulation, like video games, how can you sit and contemplate life? How can you meditate? How can you do yoga? How can you self-reflect? It will be too boring. Your mind will be craving easy entertainment like crack.

Wouldn't this also be true for "good" mental stimulation like designing bridges, developing innovative technology and conceptualizing solutions to complex social problems?

44 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Wouldn't this also be true for "good" mental stimulation like designing bridges, developing innovative technology and conceptualizing solutions to complex social problems?

Firstly, playing a video game vs designing a bridge are two VERY different things.

Secondly, yes, even productive conceptualization like dreaming up bridges will hold you back from accessing the deepest levels of consciousness, which require no-mind. That said, you can still conceptualize even with no-mind. You just have to get good at separating the two into different phases. You want to get to a point where you can sit still with no-mind for 2 hours, then get up, cook breakfast, and design a bridge.

Once you've built up your consciousness, you can even partake in a video game once in a while. But the point is, when you're deeply stuck and addicted, you gotta break the crutch.

The problem isn't so much playing a video game. The problem is playing video games for 1000 hours per year for 20 years.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.